BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] It's a rip off

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Potato and Meat? Where are you from pal? Around here its meat and potato :brfcsmilie:

in view of the fact that there is more potato than meat in them they are now, by law, called potato and meat. do try to keep up old boy. :wstu:

in view of the fact that there is more potato than meat in them they are now, by law, called potato and meat. do try to keep up old boy. :wstu:

its meat and potato round here, end off(yer freakin me out)

As opposed to the Blackburn End which has 1 or 2? Maybe if people went over there and helped make it better then there'd be more songs. Doesn't take much, joining with the good songs and starting the odd one yourself. But that takes some effort and I suppose its easier to just take the mick and call them all kids instead. Well we were all kids once, nobody grows up knowing every football song and they aint gonna learn them when the vast majority of our older fans just sit there on their hands these days saying eww.

maybe it would be better if you all(DE & BE) sang from the same hymn sheet instead of whinging at each other, then maybe a few in riverside, et.. would actually be able to here what your all chanting and join in.

p.s. I don't normally have an ST so I move around the ground and don't really have a preference.

Wetherspoons serve something fresh?

believe me the one I had was far from fresh, it was microwaved to within an inch of its life, the pudding itself was quite large but there was genuinely about a spoonful of filling inside it, I complained and asked for another and that was exactly the same(they then just blamed the suppliers and suggested I fill out a complaints form).

Do you buy chips and fish from the chippy? I buy fish and chips!! :brfcsmilie:

maybe it would be better if you all(DE & BE) sang from the same hymn sheet instead of whinging at each other, then maybe a few in riverside, et.. would actually be able to here what your all chanting and join in.

p.s. I don't normally have an ST so I move around the ground and don't really have a preference.

here here!!

Nobody really whinges at each other, most people in the Darwen End used to sit in the Blackburn End. The problem is we can't sing from the same hymn sheet because excluding the "Barmy Army" chant no more than 50-100 in the top corner of each stand join in with anything else, so we can't hear each other singing proper songs. The problem at Rovers is the problem with most grounds, 80% of fans never have any intention of singing and the 10-20% who occasionally do are forever criticising the approach of the maybe 2-3% that always do.

At last a thread worth reading !

Favourite pies :

Flat Steak from Rueben Marsden's Chorley/Coppull

Steak and kidney pie from the fresh food section in the far corner of Birkenhead Market

And I don't care about the legals or bloody Europe, It's a 'Meat and Potato' pie in that order !

best pies in the world are at Chatburn...FACT.

Nobody really whinges at each other, most people in the Darwen End used to sit in the Blackburn End. The problem is we can't sing from the same hymn sheet because excluding the "Barmy Army" chant no more than 50-100 in the top corner of each stand join in with anything else, so we can't hear each other singing proper songs. The problem at Rovers is the problem with most grounds, 80% of fans never have any intention of singing and the 10-20% who occasionally do are forever criticising the approach of the maybe 2-3% that always do.

If chants about shittu being a pedo,peds being gay and bbe are keaners ..if thats getting behind the team then im officially in retirement. The game they came in the BBE they were a bunch of scruffy chavved up primareked scrotes.

• Moderation Lead

If chants about shittu being a pedo,peds being gay and bbe are keaners ..if thats getting behind the team then im officially in retirement. The game they came in the BBE they were a bunch of scruffy chavved up primareked scrotes.

In full agreement. Fair one if they want to make some noise, but some absolute bell-whiffs in the BBE singing about Jimmy Saville were thick as two short planks.

The Darwen End lot sing about 50 songs a game, if the odd few are moronic then all that says is there's the odd few morons amongst them. Personally I moved out of the Blackburn End because I was disgusted with the stick people like Allardyce, Andrews and Pedersen used to get. There were more than a few loudmouth idiots in there who never did anything other than whinge throughout the whole of every match. Well that might be the case in the Darwen End but at least you get fans who sing most of the time to drown them out. I agree the atmosphere at Ewood is far from ideal but my argument is that for every fan who sings, there are about 5 who could do (know the words, have done in the past) but who can't be bothered. Its that category of fans for me who can and should be demonstrating to the "scruffy, chavved up scrotes" how to support your team. But its easier to criticise.

done my share of singing over the years as many on here will vouch for.

As have I, and I still do. And when I don't anymore I'll no longer consider myself to be in a position to criticise those still making the effort. Thats the attitude I don't get, "oh I've done my 10-20 years now, I'm not helping anymore, I'd rather just sit here and slag off the current crop for doing it wrong".

At last a thread worth reading !

Favourite pies :

Flat Steak from Rueben Marsden's Chorley/Coppull

Steak and kidney pie from the fresh food section in the far corner of Birkenhead Market

And I don't care about the legals or bloody Europe, It's a 'Meat and Potato' pie in that order !

Agreed! A crackin pie!

However, Marsden's went bust a couple of years ago (Boo)

But don't fear, they've re-opened, same people, same shop, different name (Hooray)

They're now called Handley's, the shop on Pall Mall is still open but the one on Chapel St in town centre is still closed (Boo)

But they've a stall on the market, near the Market Tavern facing E-Cigs (Hooray)

I love this thread!

Can't beat a good old large hot Sausage Roll(with flakey pastry),

im not kean on pre-cooked, packaged pies(pukka pies, hugo, ect..),

im also going to go against the grain and say i actually prefer hollands pies when it comes to your cheap 'standard' pies(largely because i grew up eating them i suppose), their fillings are quite bland but i really like their pastry(it seems to have more substance than a lot of other cheap pie pastries)

Agreed! A crackin pie!

However, Marsden's went bust a couple of years ago (Boo)

But don't fear, they've re-opened, same people, same shop, different name (Hooray)

They're now called Handley's, the shop on Pall Mall is still open but the one on Chapel St in town centre is still closed (Boo)

But they've a stall on the market, near the Market Tavern facing E-Cigs (Hooray)

I love this thread!

What about the Marsdens on Bolton Road?

Hall's (Eaves Lane) butter pies were for many years the best around. Don't know if they still do them or if they are still as good.

Archived