BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] It's a rip off

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm intrigued also abbey re the chatburn shout! Do tell more

Anybody who has lived in the Whitehall area of Darwen will remember Davidsons pies on the main road. Cracking homemade pies. Sadly closed a few years ago when the owners retired.

Buxtons is good though in Darwen town centre. It's been going 30 odd years.

I remember a few of my uni mates staying over one night, most from the home counties, going to Davidsons for brunch after a heavy night. I recommended a Butter pie. They thought it was a windup, they had never heard of it and assumed it would literally be a Butter pie! They all enjoyed it though.

Talking pies is more fun than Rovers!

• Backroom

I'm intrigued also abbey re the chatburn shout! Do tell more

Anybody who has lived in the Whitehall area of Darwen will remember Davidsons pies on the main road. Cracking homemade pies. Sadly closed a few years ago when the owners retired.

Buxtons is good though in Darwen town centre. It's been going 30 odd years.

I remember a few of my uni mates staying over one night, most from the home counties, going to Davidsons for brunch after a heavy night. I recommended a Butter pie. They thought it was a windup, they had never heard of it and assumed it would literally be a Butter pie! They all enjoyed it though.

Talking pies is more fun than Rovers!

Prefer Tunstills to Buxtons. Esp after the miserable cow behind the counter oncw tried to charge me 10p for a plastic bag!

Im intrigued now Shaun, where in Chatburn?

(Pies are my weakness)

The butchers next to the post office...organic.

He makes them and he does lamb n mint sauce, the cheese is orgasm inducing and the spud is out of this world.

Organic butcher on the left as you come into Chatburn, I presume?

correct

Archived