BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Craig Short returns

p.s. the interviewer in the video is a very bonny we lass.

Anna was an absolute star and excellent aspiring journalist, I'm confident she'll be a big name one day. She'd have been perfect for our intern-ship, but sadly we moved too slowly and she'd already agreed to work with Vital by the time the position came up and being a gent I've agreed not to try and poach her.

But her blog is very definitely worth a read http://annalouiseadams.blogspot.co.uk/

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was surprised to read that shes only 17! shes seems very confident and assured for her age(or any age), good luck to her.

just had a quick look on her blog, serious brains and beauty(and very good writing skills), I'm sure she will have a great career if she sticks to her guns.

I wouldn't have expected any different. It's one thing having BRFC underpants it's another thing wearing them over the top of your trousers.

I'm with Mercer a little on this one. I like Short but we don't need two people for the same role - unles they are part of the playing staff.

What do Bowyer and Mcphillips do in training then?

Anna was an absolute star and excellent aspiring journalist, I'm confident she'll be a big name one day. She'd have been perfect for our intern-ship, but sadly we moved too slowly and she'd already agreed to work with Vital by the time the position came up and being a gent I've agreed not to try and poach her.

But her blog is very definitely worth a read http://annalouiseadams.blogspot.co.uk/

I'll poach her for ya if you like????

First point, joint managers in football failed miserably and joint coaches most probably will.

Second point, someone needs to get a grip. Club is haemorrhaging money yet we appear to be grossly overstaffed on the coaching front including Hendry, currently down to assist Kinder, as possibly the highest paid of the lot. Simply, Chaddy, I think it's the economics of the madhouse.

I agree with you Mercerman on this.Good appointment on the face of it but when does the necessary cull begin?? We are going to hell in a handcart financially yet some on here seem to have their eyes closed, much like those in the boardroom!

The maths of this club don't stack at any level and there is nobody to get a grip of the club from an owners/board point of view.Admirable work by Bowyer, yes but unless this situation is brought into proper order, quick sticks we are a financial train crash waiting to happen.

back in the dalglish years, we had kenny, ray harford, tony parkes, asa hartford, alan irvine and terry gennoe, all working with the first team(though irvine`s main role was with the reserves supposedly). that`s what i saw with my own eyes watching the lads train at pleasington(pre brockhall).

grant and short may know each other from everton too(as an interesting side note), but not sure.

• Backroom

Having more than one first team coach isn't uncommon at all. People should get less wound up over official titles - considering how sparse our backroom is I'm sure Craig will have plenty to do.

I wish your self imposed breaks from the MB would last for more than 24 hours! FFS!

Brunskill was actually a client of a friend of mine who works in Burnley. She told me he used too be a "mr flash" kind of person, too put it blunty he was a bit of a d*ck. Glad he's gone and also think Short is a good addition too the coaching staff.

I'm delighted at Craig Short's appointment. Good people make good things happen, and Short is definitely one of the good guys. A model pro, a leader on and off the park and he commands respect. Well done Gary Bowyer, another step in the right direction.

Have just made a valid point - Short's a good guy and the right type but what the hell are the four of them going to do ?

Bet Tony Grant is wondering where he stands as he's on the same Official site as 1st team coach with the same site having announced Short as 1st team coach !

Doubt with your comments that you are intelligent enough to be confused.

Did you have the same issues with Big Sam's baggage train or the Taffia?

Did you have the same issues with Big Sam's baggage train or the Taffia?

Big Sam ran with Macca and the inherited Karl Robinson (when Robinson left in came Kean) whilst Hughes ran with Mark B and Eddie N..

No issues at all with that as a team of three plus a goalie coach seems to be the norm.

I wouldn't say i'm entirely with Mercer on this. The fact we have two first team coaches doesn't necessarily matter. It can work if all parties approach it in the right way - much the same as a director of football. What does concern me is Bowyer might see the need for extra bodies due to the non coaching side of management he now faces. The reason he was employed at the club was his coaching ability. If Short coming in means he can delegate some of his coaching time in order to carry out administrative duties, setting up or concluding transfer deals then i'd rather have the extra body brought in for this type of job and let Bowyer concerntrate the majority of his time on the paying squad.

Still, nice to see Short back. Proper pro and that Desperate Dan chin should be a must for any discerning center half.

Big Sam ran with Macca and the inherited Karl Robinson (when Robinson left in came Kean) whilst Hughes ran with Mark B and Eddie N..

No issues at all with that as a team of three plus a goalie coach seems to be the norm.

Plus a 'technical team' that could staff a NASA shuttle launch.

Did we not have another Welsh coach too? Flynn?

If people want the club to stop bleeding money then we need to get rid of the players on big contracts. I bet Formica alone is on more than our entire backroom.

Which we still have though you do wonder wtf they've been doing for 2 years.

Last time I counted, I think we had about a dozen medics, scientists, analysts, technicians etc.

Anyhow, we aren't talking about them but discussing the football management / coaching supporting the 1st team and, IMO, Bowyer, McPhillips, Grant & Short is one too many.

Did we not have another Welsh coach too? Flynn?

If people want the club to stop bleeding money then we need to get rid of the players on big contracts. I bet Formica alone is on more than our entire backroom.

You're joking aren't you? That poor bugger didn't even have enough money to get his mullet chopped.

Last time I counted, I think we had about a dozen medics, scientists, analysts, technicians etc.

They were drug testing on Kean i believe. Thats why the tw@t was always foaming at the corners of his mouth.

Archived