BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Craig Short returns

Did we not have another Welsh coach too? Flynn?

If people want the club to stop bleeding money then we need to get rid of the players on big contracts. I bet Formica alone is on more than our entire backroom.

You are thinking about the guy who looked after the reserves for Hughesy - Glynn Hodges who I think might still be at Fulham.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bilmey, what a fuss over having 2 first team coaches, must be a slow news week.

Pleased to see Short back, good appointment by Bowyer. It's another appointment of a person who knew the club before the circus moved in.

just ignore my post regarding the dalglish days then, guess it doesn`t fit into some posters negative agenda, does it..?

The post of an attention seeker.

Think you p1ssed on your chips on the Agnew thread and everyone put you on ignore.

just ignore my post regarding the dalglish days then, guess it doesn`t fit into some posters negative agenda, does it..?

Kenny's '1st team' was Harford and Parkes with Gennoe as goalie coach, Hartford took the reserves and Irvine the youth.

If you went to see either the reserves or the 'youth' sides in those days then you would recognise that.

Kenny's '1st team' was Harford and Parkes with Gennoe as goalie coach, Harford took the reserves and Irvine the youth.

If you went to see either the reserves or the 'youth' sides in those days then you would recognise that.

i WAS THERE AND SAW asa hartford coaching the first team alongside kenny, alan, ray and tony parkes at pleasington and pleckgate on many occasions on my summer breaks from college in the 90`s. i don`t need telling.

The post of an attention seeker.

Think you p1ssed on your chips on the Agnew thread and everyone put you on ignore.

the post of a fan that knows his club, past and present. judging by the response, they don`t have me on ignore either, inc yourself.

Good to see Craig back - an excellent appointment. You can't have too many good people on the coaching staff and Craig is a very welcome addition.

spot on.

i WAS THERE AND SAW asa hartford coaching the first team alongside kenny, alan, ray and tony parkes at pleasington and pleckgate on many occasions on my summer breaks from college in the 90`s. i don`t need telling.

Just as you would have seen Glyn Hodges (under Hughesy) sitting in the 1st team technical area on match days and sometimes helping with the pre match warm-ups, however, he was not recognised as part of the 1st team set-up and his title was reserve team manager just as Asa Hartford's was.

If you want to live in your own little world then please carry on.

Just as you would have seen Glyn Hodges (under Hughesy) sitting in the 1st team technical area on match days and sometimes helping with the pre match warm-ups, however, he was not recognised as part of the 1st team set-up and his title was reserve team manager just as Asa Hartford's was.

If you want to live in your own little world then please carry on.

what point are you trying to make? that short being here harms us in some way? your just looking for negatives as that`s your agenda, so you kean off and live in your own little keaning negative anti-rovers world..

what point are you trying to make? that short being here harms us in some way? your just looking for negatives as that`s your agenda, so you kean off and live in your own little keaning negative anti-rovers world..

I think a half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it !

We have Bowyer, Short, McPhillips and Grant on the coaching staff then? Will one of these not be looking after the reserves?

Such has been the trauma of the last two and half years I think a few of us have, understandably, developed a default position of gloom at any bit of info that emanates from the club. I don't know about Short as a coach and I have never met him. I do know that he is is steeped in the game and exudes a teacher or Police Officer type of solid decency.

His appointment should be greeted positively, those who are conditioned to despondency need to take a step back and occasionally view developments in isolation.

We have Bowyer, Short, McPhillips and Grant on the coaching staff then? Will one of these not be looking after the reserves?

Such has been the trauma of the last two and half years I think a few of us have, understandably, developed a default position of gloom at any bit of info that emanates from the club. I don't know about Short as a coach and I have never met him. I do know that he is is steeped in the game and exudes a teacher or Police Officer type of solid decency.

His appointment should be greeted positively, those who are conditioned to despondency need to take a step back and occasionally view developments in isolation.

That will be Kinder and Hendry.

Wow, am I really reading that people think that we now have too many coaches. I think that some people are just conditioned to be negative about anything that happens at the club.

The way I see the coaching structure is:

Bowyer (Manager)

McPhillips (Assistant Manager)

Short (1st Team Coach)

Grant (spending his time between 1st and reserve teams, which is a key role, helping to transition players from reserves into first team)

I don't think having 4 coaches is excessive.

At the end of the day, if Bowyer feels that these coaches are right for the club and can help him, then the very least we can do is to see if this works before passing judgement.

Wow, am I really reading that people think that we now have too many coaches. I think that some people are just conditioned to be negative about anything that happens at the club.

Bowyer (Manager)

Short (1st Team Coach)

Grant (spending his time between 1st and reserve teams, which is a key role, helping to transition players from reserves into first team)

At the end of the day, if Bowyer feels that these coaches are right for the club and can help him, then the very least we can do is to see if this works before passing judgement.

a respected guy posting sense finally..

Bowyer (Manager)

Short (1st Team Coach)

Firstly, it's essentially the U21's now and not the reserves for which Kinder has been brought in, supported by Hendry.

So what will Grant be doing ?

Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Firstly, it's essentially the U21's now and not the reserves for which Kinder has been brought in, supported by Hendry.

Too many cooks in place.

Fair.

I think people are now conditioned to attacking any posts which question how we are doing things.

Bowyer (Manager)

Short (1st Team Coach)

Finally a post being positive about Bowyer putting in place a coaching structure that he wants.

I'm just cant believe some posters are complaining about Bowyer bringing in the coaching structure he wants. I don't see what the problem is at all. just seems that some people just want to moaned about anything positive that Bowyer and Rovers do.

let's wait and see the what roles each member of the coaching staff take on.

Wouldnt surprise me if Grant left as he has strong ambitions to be a manager one day.

Finally a post being positive about Bowyer putting in place a coaching structure that he wants.

I'm just cant some posters complaining about Bowyer bringing in the coaching structure he wants. I don't see what the problem is at all. just seems that some people just want to moaned about anything positive that Bowyer and Rovers do.

let's wait and see the what roles each member of the coaching staff take on.

Chadders - I would suggest that someone at Ewood is not doing their job.

IMO, six managers/coaches covering 1st team/U21's is too many, not workable and too costly.

Shaw is going to have to save a lot more than two grand on chairs to pay for this lot.

When we start the season without Olsson, Rhodes, probably Dann and maybe Hanley, you will know why they had to be sold !

I think we are staring into the financial abyss but hey ho, let's see if we can also find a job for Tugay, Garner and old Douggie as they all have the Rovers at heart.

Chaddy, there's been a lot to moan about with Rovers over the last couple of years. I agree though, Craig Short returning sure as hell ain't something to complain about.

After the club has been infested by charlatans and thieves we surely can't get enough good people in, you know people you can trust and you know won't stab you in the back.

Whoopie bloody do. Tony Grant might have to share duties with Craig Short. Well that's me done. Season ticket is going back in the morning. Ffs. Get a grip.

"Too costly" Merce? Dixon and Danny are on bloody fortunes! I suggest we start there if you want to make some savings. Or perhaps sell Shebby's Range Rover? Or Shebby? (Mind you that wouldn't fetch much).

Bowyer (Manager)

Short (1st Team Coach)

It's a fair trade off if it has us challenging for promotion.

Happy to give it time, but I can understand why some would feel we have too many cooks.

Chadders - I would suggest that someone at Ewood is not doing their job.

IMO, six managers/coaches covering 1st team/U21's is too many, not workable and too costly.

Shaw is going to have to save a lot more than two grand on chairs to pay for this lot.

When we start the season without Olsson, Rhodes, probably Dann and maybe Hanley, you will know why they had to be sold !

I think we are staring into the financial abyss but hey ho, let's see if we can also find a job for Tugay, Garner and old Douggie as they all have the Rovers at heart.

Didn't know you were a football manager or coach with experience.

If Bowyer wants that coaching staff then let's back him INSTEAD of keep moaning.

You keep saying Rhodes is leaving but don't say where or how much. you claim to be 'ITK' so where he going? Hull are close to signing Austin. Newcastle want Bent. Norwich don't need a striker after signing RVW. WBA need 2 strikers but aren't going be able Rhodes. Plus Palace want Odemwingie and Ebanks Blake

Hanley has just signed a new long term contract so very much doubt that one.

Cant see who is going to sign Dann? no-one is interested in him so far.

If we can get 3 million pounds for Martin Olsson, I would defo sell him.

Archived