BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Craig Short returns

Firstly, it's essentially the U21's now and not the reserves for which Kinder has been brought in, supported by Hendry.

So what will Grant be doing ?

Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Kinder will be looking after the reserves (under 21's) but he will also be working closely with the under 18's and the academy staff. His role is broader than just being the under 21's manager.

As for Grant, I will ask the question at the next presser but my understanding is that he will have a dual first team and also reserve team role. So in essence we have have three people working with the first team (full time), we have two working with the under 21's with one of them (Kinder) also working with the younger age range teams, and we have one coach (Grant) who is splitting his time between the first team and under 21's.

I honestly can't see the problem.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great appointment whatever his title is. A true pro who was one of Souness Lieutenants on the pitch, in the dressing room and training pitch and genuinely loves the club. After listening to him at the fans forum thing at Chorley you get the impression he demands 110% all the time and there will be no hiding place for passengers on the training pitch. A good mate of Dunny and also hard as nails, well done GB if it's down to him.

what point are you trying to make? that short being here harms us in some way? your just looking for negatives as that`s your agenda, so you kean off and live in your own little keaning negative anti-rovers world..

Chill bro. I know you're fairly new around here, so I'll put the stompy boots of moderation to one side and explain that done properly debate is an art form, not a combat sport. In my mind Mercer is wrong, but he's entitled to his opinion, he's entitled to put it across and you're entitled to disagree, but that can (and will) be done without petty insults.

.....and I've had enough to "agendas", they are in 2013 what bullying was in 2012 and "PC gone mad" was in 2011, it's a label that is now thrown around so much that it entirely devalues it when used correctly.

Agenda implies long term planning, strategy and an ultimate goal. Sure there have been people involved with the club who had an agenda (their aim we assume with personal profit one way or another) and not all agendas are bad things (I'd like to think the people behind the action group and the trust have a plan, hell you could argue that my aim of ensuring the long perm protection of BRFCS is an agenda) but not all repeated opinions are an agenda. Do you really think Mercer has a long term pinky and the brain style plan to achieve world domination be coming across as a generally miserable git ? (I bet he isn't in real life BTW). No, what he has an opinion and a way the facts as he sees them support his opinion, that's not an agenda, it's an outlook.

Anyway ..... Craig Short. Didn't set the world alight as a manager, no idea how he'll do as a coach, time will tell.

Chadders - I would suggest that someone at Ewood is not doing their job.

IMO, six managers/coaches covering 1st team/U21's is too many, not workable and too costly.

Shaw is going to have to save a lot more than two grand on chairs to pay for this lot.

When we start the season without Olsson, Rhodes, probably Dann and maybe Hanley, you will know why they had to be sold !

I think we are staring into the financial abyss but hey ho, let's see if we can also find a job for Tugay, Garner and old Douggie as they all have the Rovers at heart.

Merce you have to realise if granny robber Hendry was doing a good job he would have worked out Dann needs a good talking to about his disgraceful performances last year my moggy is probably more aware of what is behind her than our own calamity Dann! so bringing in Short if he can get inside Dann's head and extract another 10% out of him that is a good thing last year our backline was awful but 95% of our goals conceded was directly due to Dann's ineptitude so for me we have to build from the back we have to get back to doing better in keeping clean sheets if bringing in short helps that I'm all for it I don't see the harm.

• Backroom

Mercer can't be pinky and the brain all by himself, he needs an ally!

I think Chaddy and mercer make a good duo

Strange choice for a little pep talk Glenn. On re-reading the thread it was Mercerman who patronised Saxoman with the 'living in his own little world' comment, and then followed up with another patronising 'half-wit' comment. Hardly the 'art of debate'. Yet you quoted Saxoman. What's your agenda Glenn? smile.png

Merce you have to realise if granny robber Hendry was doing a good job he would have worked out Dann needs a good talking to about his disgraceful performances last year my moggy is probably more aware of what is behind her than our own calamity Dann! so bringing in Short if he can get inside Dann's head and extract another 10% out of him that is a good thing last year our backline was awful but 95% of our goals conceded was directly due to Dann's ineptitude so for me we have to build from the back we have to get back to doing better in keeping clean sheets if bringing in short helps that I'm all for it I don't see the harm.

Hang on, that's a £6M purchase you are talking about, he must be good?

CS will have his work cut out there.

IMO, six managers/coaches covering 1st team/U21's is too many, not workable and too costly.

Hendry seems the odd one out here to me. Everyone else seems to be linked to the new regime while he is left hanging around from the previous one being shunted around doing oddjobs, hopefully till be his contract runs out

The people being put in place by Bowyer are his own team, which is as it should be, If he thinks he needs two 1st team coaches then that's his call. Grant and Short will obviously have defined roles and work on different areas of prep/performance, or else they wouldn't have been appointed.

Hendry seems the odd one out here to me. Everyone else seems to be linked to the new regime while he is left hanging around from the previous one being shunted around doing oddjobs, hopefully till be his contract runs out

Hendry was a very strange appointment. I'd love to know the 'thinking' behing that. For such an incompetent fool Kean had a ridiculous amount of power in getting people like Hendry appointed. The club really has been run by self-serving parasites these last few years. Hopefully venky's have finally woken up to how much they've been shafted. The recent appointments, thankfully, seem to have been made for the benefit of the club. The sacking of Agnew, and hopefully Shebby, give a glimmer of hope that the circus is coming to an end and that BRFC may start to be run a little more professionally.

Chill bro. I know you're fairly new around here, so I'll put the stompy boots of moderation to one side and explain that done properly debate is an art form, not a combat sport. In my mind Mercer is wrong, but he's entitled to his opinion, he's entitled to put it across and you're entitled to disagree, but that can (and will) be done without petty insults.

.....and I've had enough to "agendas", they are in 2013 what bullying was in 2012 and "PC gone mad" was in 2011, it's a label that is now thrown around so much that it entirely devalues it when used correctly.

Agenda implies long term planning, strategy and an ultimate goal. Sure there have been people involved with the club who had an agenda (their aim we assume with personal profit one way or another) and not all agendas are bad things (I'd like to think the people behind the action group and the trust have a plan, hell you could argue that my aim of ensuring the long perm protection of BRFCS is an agenda) but not all repeated opinions are an agenda. Do you really think Mercer has a long term pinky and the brain style plan to achieve world domination be coming across as a generally miserable git ? (I bet he isn't in real life BTW). No, what he has an opinion and a way the facts as he sees them support his opinion, that's not an agenda, it's an outlook.

Anyway ..... Craig Short. Didn't set the world alight as a manager, no idea how he'll do as a coach, time will tell.

not new, just this isn`t my regular `home`(most know which is). i`m not really angry, just a bit of a john cleese-fawlty-towers-comedy-temper moment, that`s all.. ;)

Strange choice for a little pep talk Glenn. On re-reading the thread it was Mercerman who patronised Saxoman with the 'living in his own little world' comment, and then followed up with another patronising 'half-wit' comment. Hardly the 'art of debate'. Yet you quoted Saxoman. What's your agenda Glenn? smile.png

i noted that, but let it slide as i believe this glenn(not glen) fella to be a genuine decent type and have no intention of starting anything negative going with him.

agree 1000% Rovers11.

Bowyer is making very sensible decisions about players to sign and bring in his own coaching staff.

some clubs have 2 first coaches.

why don't some fans have little faith in Bowyer and trust him to make the right decisions for BRFC.

I know this is hard after what has gone on after last 3 years but Fans have to trust Bowyer.

You know the naysayers, the one's that did not want Bowyer in the first place, will do their all to justify their opinion. They will turn every stone to try to tell us I told you so.

It's a fair trade off if it has us challenging for promotion.

Happy to give it time, but I can understand why some would feel we have too many cooks.

And there's the rub, it's either for what's going on or against, there's no middle ground.

Kinder will be looking after the reserves (under 21's) but he will also be working closely with the under 18's and the academy staff. His role is broader than just being the under 21's manager.

As for Grant, I will ask the question at the next presser but my understanding is that he will have a dual first team and also reserve team role. So in essence we have have three people working with the first team (full time), we have two working with the under 21's with one of them (Kinder) also working with the younger age range teams, and we have one coach (Grant) who is splitting his time between the first team and under 21's.

I honestly can't see the problem.

GB will be stepping back, so not doing too much coaching, one assumes McPhillips will lead that as he must know what GB wants. Short and Grant will support, fair enough. I would however have liked to have seen someone who has gotten promoted from this league as a coach/No.2, we don't have a single person. Also I am concerned that Bowyer is bringing in his friends, now that's no issue if they have the ability to progress us, but jobs for the boys is common in football. It may turn out to be brillant who knows at this stage but just as you also wanted someone who had done what we MUST do this season before GB came in, I'd like to see that on the coaching side at least.

But this for me is the major issue, we don't have time, we must go up this season.

i noted that, but let it slide as i believe this glenn(not glen) fella to be a genuine decent type and have no intention of starting anything negative going with him.

It's far from an isolated incident though is it?

Had a chuckle with the missus over breakfast on this one !

No offence taken.

• Backroom

Mercer can't be pinky and the brain all by himself, he needs an ally!

I think Chaddy and mercer make a good duo

Which is the genius and which one's insane?

If you don't read that in time to the theme tune, I despair :P

Had a chuckle with the missus over breakfast on this one !

"...and saxo was adamant that we needed 4 coaches. You know my opinion on this. it's like I always say right love, too many cooks? Anyway it was really heated debate and I .... "

" are you going to eat that piece of toast? "

" what? oh, no. anway, so I called him a half-wit and accused him of living in his own little world - I had him well rattled by now, and he accused me of having an agenda. but get this, he he he, Glenn shouted at HIM and told him to 'chill bro' !!! hahahaha !!! "

**puts newspaper down** " who's Glenn? "

" from the messageboard! "

" oh sorry love. that's nice. I have to go to work now. remember our little deal, stay away from the bookies ok? Christmas isn't far away "

**still chuckling** " i promise darling, that's the only buzz i need for today "

Craig Short always seemed to be a nice bloke and more intelligent than the average footballer, so I think he'll work well under Bowyer.

I think we need coaches, we've been really short of numbers the last year or two.

Wasn't Hendry brought in as Kean's unofficial driver/drinking buddy when he got banned?

• Backroom

"...and saxo was adamant that we needed 4 coaches. You know my opinion on this. it's like I always say right love, too many cooks? Anyway it was really heated debate and I .... "

" what? oh, no. anway, so I called him a half-wit and accused him of living in his own little world - I had him well rattled by now, and he accused me of having an agenda. but get this, he he he, Glenn shouted at HIM and told him to 'chill bro' !!! hahahaha !!! "

" oh sorry love. that's nice. I have to go to work now. remember our little deal, stay away from the bookies ok? Christmas isn't far away "

**still chuckling** " i promise darling, that's the only buzz i need for today "

:D

No 'blue and white army'!, you just seem to be a dyed in the wool cynic, so nobody would expect you to feel any different.

Now that made me chuckle hehe

Archived