BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Craig Short returns

Craig Short always seemed to be a nice bloke and more intelligent than the average footballer, so I think he'll work well under Bowyer.

I think we need coaches, we've been really short of numbers the last year or two.

Wasn't Hendry brought in as Kean's unofficial driver/drinking buddy when he got banned?

No, he had an official one but referred to as a body guard, now stadium security, allegedly

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...and saxo was adamant that we needed 4 coaches. You know my opinion on this. it's like I always say right love, too many cooks? Anyway it was really heated debate and I .... "

" are you going to eat that piece of toast? "

" what? oh, no. anway, so I called him a half-wit and accused him of living in his own little world - I had him well rattled by now, and he accused me of having an agenda. but get this, he he he, Glenn shouted at HIM and told him to 'chill bro' !!! hahahaha !!! "

**puts newspaper down** " who's Glenn? "

" from the messageboard! "

" oh sorry love. that's nice. I have to go to work now. remember our little deal, stay away from the bookies ok? Christmas isn't far away "

**still chuckling** " i promise darling, that's the only buzz i need for today "

Priceless..... :D Mercerman has grown on me, partly because you start to sense he plays up to the gallery a bit with the Victor Meldrew stuff. In reality he's probably a happy-clapping tree-hugger....IMO of course Mercerman.

"...and saxo was adamant that we needed 4 coaches. You know my opinion on this. it's like I always say right love, too many cooks? Anyway it was really heated debate and I .... "

" what? oh, no. anway, so I called him a half-wit and accused him of living in his own little world - I had him well rattled by now, and he accused me of having an agenda. but get this, he he he, Glenn shouted at HIM and told him to 'chill bro' !!! hahahaha !!! "

" oh sorry love. that's nice. I have to go to work now. remember our little deal, stay away from the bookies ok? Christmas isn't far away "

**still chuckling** " i promise darling, that's the only buzz i need for today "

you little tinker :lol:

• Backroom

Hanley doesn't need anyone to tell him how to be a blood and guts defender. He needs someone to teach him when to be a blood and guts defender and when not to be. As Givet suffers from the same deficiency i'm not sure he has it in his locker to help Hanley. Both will have matches when they win every header, challenge or block and everyone will wet themselves about how great they are. But more often than not they leave themselves and the rest of the back four really exposed because they don't know when to challenge and when to hold their position. I'm always a bit suspicious of center halves who consistently have to make last ditch blocks and tackles. They usually find themselves having to because they were out of position in the first place. This is the area Hanley needs to improve on. Still, at least he's no Scott Dann. He's crap in the first tackle and isn't clever enough to sweep up either. Lost cause that one.

Maybe that could be the thinking behind Short's appointment? He and Nelsen are the 2 people that spring to mind from the last decade who have that ability to both read the game and get stuck in :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

no he wouldnt have...

did your crystal ball tell you that..?

Up to you, cock. Take a break if you want. Or just stick me on ignore.

i`d never stick anyone on ignore, as everyone is entitled to a voice. the ignore function should be binned imo. what`s the point in only talking to people that agree with your views? i find it concerning that many of those that use the function are backers of/members of brag or the trust. hardly inspires me to wish to join one of those groups when it`s clear my views would be ignored, in favour of their great leaders.

did your crystal ball tell you that..?

i`d never stick anyone on ignore, as everyone is entitled to a voice. the ignore function should be binned imo. what`s the point in only talking to people that agree with your views? i find it concerning that many of those that use the function are backers of/members of brag or the trust.

look Saxo, its okay if you were a good defender, but doesnt mean you will be a good manager or coach. Winterburn just wasnt interested in being at Rovers, so his heart was never in it to begin with. Nothing to do with crystal balls, although if i did have one, i would be able to see if id be sending you a Christmas card ;)

Up to you, cock. Take a break if you want. Or just stick me on ignore.

Calm down, you are carrying on like you aren't allowed to be challenged on your stand point. You have made your position on here pretty clear on many occasions. Expect to be pulled up on it every now and again.

When you are, try to react with a bit of humility or humour.

look Saxo, its okay if you were a good defender, but doesnt mean you will be a good manager or coach.

hence why i said MAY have done a good job, as with short we don`t know. could go either way, but, with short, i`m happy to have somebody that knows the club on board as part of the backroom team. also a plus that he knows tony grant well from their days at everton together.

• Backroom

I was making a specific response to a particular point being made.

Keep up.

My point was that Short will be a coach (around the players everyday - especially young defenders) which may be of benefit.

You're trying to compare that to a guy who was up here about 6/7 times in 3months (with no coaching experience before or since as far as I can tell) who was telling established defenders like Nelsen and Samba what to do.

Keep up ;)

Calm down, you are carrying on like you aren't allowed to be challenged on your stand point. You have made your position on here pretty clear on many occasions. Expect to be pulled up on it every now and again.

When you are, try to react with a bit of humility or humour.

Happy to be challenged but telling me I talk @#/? is neither challenging nor constructive. I thought I'd did react rather calmly and in good humour but you simply had to make another personal insult.

So anyway, back to our second first team coach...

Definitely a difference between Winterburn and Short from where I'm sat.

Ince's heart was never in the job, Winterburn probably took his lead from that and was employed on a half-arsed can't-be-arsed basis to help out with the defence. He couldn't even be bothered to move from London. The whole thing was just a bit of extra dough for not doing very much at all. I remember Sam Allardyce binning him off with the immortal words: "I can look after that basic area now".

Craig Short is a totally different kettle of fish. For a start, he must surely have some affection for the club, some sort of connection. Granted, he doesn't have a coaching CV studded with shining successes, but given where we are, I think it's a solid appointment.

Having said that, I'd really like Hendry to be given the heave-ho.

I think as Chris_H said earlier on, we've been conditioned like Pavlov's dogs to started bitching as soon as any organisational announcement is made at Rovers. It's like Stockjholm Syndrome in reverse. Venky's are the terrorists everyone wants to mutilate. I say let Shayetet 13 loose on their frickin' chicken asses.

They could give away gold bars at the turnstiles, I wouldn't care, I'd still hate them. I'd obviously have an ingot or two. But I'd still hate them. Clucking @#/?.

its actually a relieve that the only thing troubling some fans/members on here right now is that they think we may have one to many 1st team coaches,

this I imagine is more like the kind of trivial arguments that where discussed on here in the good old days!.

I'm sure most (barring the utter banana cakes) would like to see Venky's sell and new owners with some sort of connection to the club and some sort of passion take over.

But the learned helplessness regarding getting rid of Venky's has left them numb.

I suppose picking at the coaching set-up is a distraction from the chicken-shaped blot on the landscape.

That's fine, but nothing will change the fact that this club needs an enema.

Archived