BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Craig Short returns

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the role Hendry's in you need to be a role model(on and off the pitch/training ground), if even half the stories about him are true then he's simply an horrid bitter twisted man, and his coaching abilities haven't seemed to bring the best out of our mediocre(at best) reserve/development team!

the guy has been a coach at rovers for less than 1 season, how the hell can anyone pass comment on his abilities in the role after such a short time? it can take years to bring players through, not 12 months! i`ll also add that nobody gives a stuff about results at acadamy/reserve team level, it`s all about individual displays, picking out players that could cut it in the first team.

Happy with Short. Having spoken to the guy when he was with us previously(as well as numerous interviews that I've seen) he seems a top bloke who holds the club in high regard. Hard to form an opinion off a few short conversations but I got the impression he had the nous for a career in coaching. He's got some managerial experience as well and were it not for the fact that all our coaching staff are rookies at this level, I think everyone would be happy with the appointment.

the guy has been a coach at rovers for less than 1 season, how the hell can anyone pass comment on his abilities in the role after such a short time? it can take years to bring players through, not 12 months! i`ll also add that nobody gives a stuff about results at acadamy/reserve team level, it`s all about individual displays, picking out players that could cut it in the first team.

Maybe you should ask supporters of Blackpool, Boston and Clyde what they think of his abilities. Have a couple of friends who are strong Blackpool supporters and they have decent connections with the club - safe to say that they were less than impressed with Hendry's tenure there. Don't think there was a queue outside Hendry's door when Kean offered him a role and Berg didn't seem over impressed after moving him to assist with the 'ressies' where Appy seemed happy to leave him with Bowyer also seemingly in agreement.

Can't believe the fuss some are making over short's arrival. When Berg didn't bring in his own staff everyone wondered what was going on. Now Bowyer is bringing in guys he feels he can trust, folk are still moaning. I doubt he's on a fortune; presumably his role will be clearly defined and he's a really decent bloke who was a good pro and will be good as a model for youngsters. I'm not getting carried away but nor can I see anything wrong with the appointment.

did your crystal ball tell you that..?

i`d never stick anyone on ignore, as everyone is entitled to a voice. the ignore function should be binned imo. what`s the point in only talking to people that agree with your views? i find it concerning that many of those that use the function are backers of/members of brag or the trust. hardly inspires me to wish to join one of those groups when it`s clear my views would be ignored, in favour of their great leaders.

Ignored ? They just say .. Shut up your a crap stirring attention seeking dude

Maybe you should ask supporters of Blackpool, Boston and Clyde what they think of his abilities. Have a couple of friends who are strong Blackpool supporters and they have decent connections with the club - safe to say that they were less than impressed with Hendry's tenure there. Don't think there was a queue outside Hendry's door when Kean offered him a role and Berg didn't seem over impressed after moving him to assist with the 'ressies' where Appy seemed happy to leave him with Bowyer also seemingly in agreement.

mercerman, you could be a coach ffs, all they do is what they`re told to do. no such thing as a bad coach, only a bad manager.

mercerman, you could be a coach ffs, all they do is what they`re told to do. no such thing as a bad coach

Well...any credibility you might have had left just went. Might wanna take up another sport, this one seems to pass you by.

how many first team coaches did kean get through, and it never made the blindest bit of a differance. were they all `bad coaches`, or maybe, just maybe, was kean totally kean?

hendry IS a poor manager, but it doesn`t mean he can`t coach, just like brian kidd and steve mcclaren..

Christ 'Saxoman' am I getting tired of having to trawl through all your many many posts just to get to the posts of individuals that are talking sense, pointless even putting you on ignore as so much of your nonsense is getting quoted, just to show how daft it is.

Guest Norbert

I for one think Short would be a good addition. He was OK as a manager in Sheffield and Hungary, which might help his coaching in general and just seems to have a brain in his head. As for the number of coaches, any well organised structure will have a number of people who can fulfil a variety of roles as and when certain skills are needed.

I probably can't put it across clearly enough to put my point across, but it is like a warehouse. You need people who can be team leaders/supervisors if the shift if the regular guys are all off ill/pregnant etc. but can jump on a forklift truck and help put pallets away at a time when needed. Or someone who can do the paperwork to send off stock, but can also use the vehicles to load the trailers if people don't bother turning up for overtime. What I am trying to say is in the context of football, you need a well co-ordinated team of coaches who can span a variety of roles to get the youth team, reserves and 1st team all working together in harmony, and that is more difficult when you have 1 or 2 coaches. I hope this makes sense.

Christ 'Saxoman' am I getting tired of having to trawl through all your many many posts just to get to the posts of individuals that are talking sense, pointless even putting you on ignore as so much of your nonsense is getting quoted, just to show how daft it is.

well you`ll have to keep trawling, as unless the mods decide to silence me, i will have my say..

Good appointment.

Attitude is more important than ability and Craig Short is a guy you'd be happy having standing next to you in the trenches.

Bowyer is slowly rebuilding a professional attitude at the club.

I just hope we get a good start otherwise the clowns will panic.

Nicko's view:

Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko Protected account 1h

@simonmick1 More coaches than National Express.

Outside the 'blue and white diehards', seems some surprise at another coaching appointment.

Don't be daft Mercer, we need a few spares in case one breaks! :D

Nicko's view:

Outside the 'blue and white diehards', seems some surprise at another coaching appointment.

'Nickos view' hahaha in its self that's just pish funny,

"blue and white diehards" as opposed to what?(your either a fan or your not)

Go on, you go on their main messageboard thing and butter them up for a bit before we get there, feed them some stuff, it might keep the illusion going for a bit longer. Cheers - top geezer, we'll see u right son.

• Moderation Lead

Nicko's view:

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko Protected account 1h

If that daft jock turncoat thinks it's a bad idea, then it's probably a good one!!!

Guest Norbert

Nicko's view:

Nicko's view: Got a cheque from my source about Coyle today. I'll use use to buy a pink handbag from my daughter's business.

Archived