BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Craig Short returns

• Backroom

My point was that Short will be a coach (around the players everyday - especially young defenders) which may be of benefit.

You're trying to compare that to a guy who was up here about 6/7 times in 3months (with no coaching experience before or since as far as I can tell) who was telling established defenders like Nelsen and Samba what to do.

Keep up ;)

No answer Stuart? Do keep up. I'd like to know where your comparison of Winterburn and Short (and subsequent writing off of the latter) came from, given the above

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No answer Stuart? Do keep up. I'd like to know where your comparison of Winterburn and Short (and subsequent writing off of the latter) came from, given the above

You're turning into a mini-thenodrog.

Only not as bright.

:P

EDIT: please quote the post where I wrote off Short.

• Backroom

After I suggested a reason why Short would be sensible you.posted this:

Two words: Nigel Winterburn

Which reads (in the context of what I had said) as comparing Short to the failure that was Winterburn. Ie: Winterburn didn't work so Short won't either.

If I got that wrong, I'd love an explanation of what you meant and will apologise for jumping on that post.

Not sure how me and Theno are similar re: our posts but thanks I guess.

After I suggested a reason why Short would be sensible you.posted this:

Which reads (in the context of what I had said) as comparing Short to the failure that was Winterburn. Ie: Winterburn didn't work so Short won't either.

If I got that wrong, I'd love an explanation of what you meant and will apologise for jumping on that post.

Not sure how me and Theno are similar re: our posts but thanks I guess.

I was simply making the point - based on the post that my post was in response to - that having a defensive coach isn't necessarily a recipe for success.

I also pointed out that I like Short but you've conveniently omitted that bit. Don't worry though, Michael, you aren't on your own.

In the absence of an obvious bogey man a the club - and being the off-season we have no Pedersens et al to hate on - fans have become very short with each other. (Ironic).

• Backroom

I was simply making the point - based on the post that my post was in response to - that having a defensive coach isn't necessarily a recipe for success.

I also pointed out that I like Short but you've conveniently omitted that bit. Don't worry though, Michael, you aren't on your own.

In the absence of an obvious bogey man a the club - and being the off-season we have no Pedersens et al to hate on - fans have become very short with each other. (Ironic).

Well most of us like Short. Though tbh I still think the comparison is invalid (although I accept you weren't actually writing him off).

All this good news is making us flounder :/

I don't understand some of our fans, how can a club have too many coaches, it's ridiculous, short is a defensive coach in essence, and bowyer has said and done only good things for the club, he's brought in short who was one of our best defenders in the past 15 years so how can that be a bad thing, personally I think we need one more coach, a technical coach, possibly Tugay if he can get his hands on him, he is only bringing in people that love the club and want to do whatever it takes to make it successful so how can that be bad? Having 4 coaches for a team of 26 or so is not a bad ratio, it means the players get more time individually from the coaches which the younger players in our squad need, it is only going to improve them so how people can complain baffles me, sometimes I feel like some of you enjoy being bottom of the championship like you've got beaten wife sindrome or something it's ridiculous!!

I don't understand some of our fans, how can a club have too many coaches, it's ridiculous, short is a defensive coach in essence, and bowyer has said and done only good things for the club, he's brought in short who was one of our best defenders in the past 15 years so how can that be a bad thing, personally I think we need one more coach, a technical coach, possibly Tugay if he can get his hands on him, he is only bringing in people that love the club and want to do whatever it takes to make it successful so how can that be bad? Having 4 coaches for a team of 26 or so is not a bad ratio, it means the players get more time individually from the coaches which the younger players in our squad need, it is only going to improve them so how people can complain baffles me, sometimes I feel like some of you enjoy being bottom of the championship like you've got beaten wife sindrome or something it's ridiculous!!

We took about 42 coaches to Bury away once, the police thought that was to much.

Obviously Bowyer is just bringing in ex popular players to please the fans.

The fact that being a Rovers fan and having Stockholm syndrome goes hand in hand, should not be taken lightly adz4d2.

It's no good improving players and then see them leave for inflated transfer fees you know, well not quite true, it gives us a reason to question the players loyalty to the cause.

For a few magic years JW lifted the gloom at Ewood, normal service has now been resumed.

Then again the Rao's might have changed from tea to coffee

I don't understand some of our fans, how can a club have too many coaches, it's ridiculous, short is a defensive coach in essence, and bowyer has said and done only good things for the club,

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Whether we are now too heavy on the coaching side or not, time will tell.

If it was the case that the more coaches you have, the better you will inevitably do, then we might as well have 100 coaches.

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Whether we are now too heavy on the coaching side or not, time will tell.

If it was the case that the more coaches you have, the better you will inevitably do, then we might as well have 100 coaches.

I'm struggling to remember the coaching set up under Allardyce but latterly wasn't it Big Sam, McDonald as asst manager, Steve Kean as 1st team coach and Bowyer looking after the Ressies?

We seem now to have Bowyer, Short as asst manager(?), McPhillips/Grant as 1st team coaches with one of them helping Hendry out with the reserves. That's one extra coach if I have it correct.

To be honest I don't care if Short brews up and puts the cones out, he's a good bloke and you can't have too many of those around.

• Backroom

Maybe it's just Bowyer wanting to take more of a 'manager's role than he's had so far and is getting Short in as a way of delegating his own coaching duties so he can focus on the prozone and tactics aspect?

I'm not too fussed about the number of coaches, but I would really like to be shot of Hendry.

I think Short is 1st team coach, Terry Mc is assistant.

I was just trying to explain the logic that you can have too many coaches, although I'm not sure that is the case here.

As someone who sang "Shorty for England", I'm chuffed to have him back.

Thought it was a good interview until this bit:

"Ive got Shorty who was a defender, Granty was a top midfielder at Everton and Manchester City and Terry McPhillips was someone who was a striker and scored loads of goals."

Less of the Sunday League Kean-esque stuff please Gary!

What does Bowyer know? Bloody amateur. if only he'd listen to those renowned footnall experts Nicko and Mercerman:-

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10502130.Bowyer__Blackburn_Rovers_coaching_staff_are_the_ideal_mix/

Think GB should spend less time talking now, just to safeguard himself and keep his credibility up and let the football do the talking similarly with the players.

Just let their football do the talking.

Less chat more positive action and the fans can roar on the team.

Thought it was a good interview until this bit:

"Ive got Shorty who was a defender, Granty was a top midfielder at Everton and Manchester City and Terry McPhillips was someone who was a striker and scored loads of goals."

Less of the Sunday League Kean-esque stuff please Gary!

Agreed.

Maybe Short is the new Bowyer?

Archived