BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What the hell is happening?

I was saying to someone (offline) today. I really hope it's not Ridsdale.

That was my initial thought but then I remembered hearing an interview when he bigged up his role at Cardiff. To be honest, it was quite impressive.He does have loads of experience and he actually might be somebody worth considering.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was my initial thought but then I remembered hearing an interview when he bigged up his role at Cardiff. To be honest, it was quite impressive.He does have loads of experience and he actually might be somebody worth considering.

Go talk to a Leeds fan.

Plus http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2212285/Peter-Ridsdale-banned-7-years-Cardiff-probe.html

Old merce has become a bit of a joke lately but he make the board more lively with his many outlandish statements of which about 2 in 20 are true then he rubs them in your face despite anyone with any idea on football could speculate on.

Well, Leeds was a long time ago.

I think the interview I heard revolved around the goings on at Cardiff. Ridsdale gave himself credit for getting them into a new ground, bringing down the debt and introducing the Malaysians. All fairly self serving stuff I suppose but said in the context of defending himself and backed up with some fairly solid evidence.

I'm not saying I want him at Ewood, he does come across as being a bit dodgy and we have had enough of those. It would be handy to tap into his wealth of experience though.

WOW LIKE JUST WOW..HE POISONEOUS VENOMOUS SNAKE..AGNEW STYLE

I hope he isnt the new lead singer bob

What?! And replace Tim?!? Impossible. I know you're all too hard to please...

Don't worry Bob. It will soon be August and that feeling of weekly disappointment, sometimes twice weekly, will return ;)

Well possibly. Then again you never know. For me, and a few others though who persist on this supporters messageboard, we'll be there. The lows will be lower, the highs will be higher. But that's what we do. I went to a pre Christmas do, went to another do (missed Yakubu v Swansea). Missed my 5th and 6th home game in 32 years of support. Spent all my time running down my phone battery on BRFCS and twitter. It was awful. Don't get me wrong my away support is dreadful these days - but it's Ewood Park, come on.

Hey and guess what? Venkys weren't bothered. You should get down there, have a pint or three. I'd buy you the first. Cause when they're done, well you know the rest. But your £225 won't make a jot of difference to these buggers.

Is that a bragging euphemism Mr Venkhater?, agree Bob's post was very good and made me giggle, but as for touching a very large lump of wood

That did worry me. As a fellow Mötorhead fan Robert and I are kindred spirits and both afraid of cows, but a tickle downstairs ?

No

Indeed. We laugh in the face of cows and tickle the balls of bulls cause we know our rock n roll, but sorry AS. sort your umlaut out, second o please. its not the first time either. *wags finger / wood, laughs, gets another drink*

Btw "Aftershock" September.

Indeed. We laugh in the face of cows and tickle the balls of bulls cause we know our rock n roll, but sorry AS. sort your umlaut out, second o please. its not the first time either. *wags finger / wood, laughs, gets another drink*

Btw "Aftershock" September.

I know, new album. @#/?, second o, must be the zeppelin, even my cider looks up to Lemm

Things aren't any better really. There is still no communication and the lack of daft rumours is because we have fallen so far that the media have lost interest in us. We still have no proper management structure and a squad full of overpaid under-performers who are bleeding the club dry. While the signings we have made seem sensible they haven't improved anything because we re just gathering more and more players with no sign of things improving. We need a proper set of people to run the club now or this season will just be another fiasco probably ending in relegation or bankruptcy or both.

Things aren't any better really. There is still no communication and the lack of daft rumours is because we have fallen so far that the media have lost interest in us. We still have no proper management structure and a squad full of overpaid under-performers who are bleeding the club dry. While the signings we have made seem sensible they haven't improved anything because we re just gathering more and more players with no sign of things improving. We need a proper set of people to run the club now or this season will just be another fiasco probably ending in relegation or bankruptcy or both.

Exactly

I would also be interested to know who is advising them now.

Still no communication this summer, no explanation of strategy (is there one??), no acceptance of any mistakes they have made.

Most supporters haven't trusted venkys for the past two years.

Venkys have done nothing to give supporters reason to trust them.

I cannot ever see them running the club properly.

Or do anything that will give supporters any confidence in them.

The quietness at the moment is nothing but the calm before the storm.

Yeah i'd be more than happy for them to keep things the way they are going at the min but i know soon they will send Shebby back or something like that to mess up what for me has been a positive summer so far.

Positive summer, it's done nowt but rain!

:lol:

Is agnews son at rovers ?

He was apparently hanging around in the press office at Rovers sometime last season, might have just been regularly visiting his Dad in the Tom Finney tribute office though as Shelfy is on record (fans forum minutes ) as saying that there has been no contract between Rovers and PAPR for six months at the time , so no other reason for him to be there if Shelfy was telling the truth.

The thought of Risdale and Shelfy together at Rovers with their hands on the chequebook is very very scary . Luckily with Risdale's ban can not see it happening

"The ban prevents Mr Ridsdale from acting as a director, but also from taking part - directly or indirectly - in the promotion, formation or management of a company."http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19819177

I believe there is far more to Agnews removal than we know at this present time. Could it be that Venkys have actually realised what has been happening at the club, that Singh is causing more problems than solving and that actually, as bad as he sounds, Derek Shaw has actually been doing a half decent job behind the scenes despite the hurdles and obstacles created by the departed one and his fukwit mate ?

Rovers are still being run incredibly well behind the scenes we are led to believe but are bleeding cash because of the inept decisions made by Singh.

I actually am a little positive about the happenings behind the scenes, the players and the potential incomings. The club need a good solid pre season without major injuries and a good start to the season. On paper we have a squad that could walk this league but as we have witnessed, with interference we have also got a team that can also challenge for relegation.

Lets see how preseason begins. I will be watching with interest from the Caribbean :tu:

Guest Norbert

I don't think Ridsdale has actually been touted as a contender. More of a "Knowing Venky's they'd bring him in". Only Pearson, as in ex-Hull and Derby has been mentioned by Mercerman.

Archived