BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers looking to appoint Director of Football

Its appears that Rovers are looking to appoint a Director of Football. Don't know who but hopefully a British Director of Football would be good like Steve Coppell who is current DoF at Crawley Town. experience of Football management and transfers, etc

Maybe Bowyer wants a Director of Football to come in and oversees things and allow him more time on the Training field.

The article below is where I found out about Rovers looking for a Director of Football. Written by Martin Blackburn(The sun reporter)

SHEBBY SINGH faces a battle to save his job at Blackburn.
The Malaysian, Rovers’ global advisor, has been a controversial figure since he was appointed last summer by owners Venky’s.
He has not been seen at Ewood Park for almost three months.
Now the Championship club are looking for a director of football.
And Indian chicken farmers Venky’s have told candidates that Singh is not part of their plans.
Singh, 52, last night insisted he had heard nothing to suggest he would be leaving the club.
But caretaker boss Gary Bowyer has landed the manager’s job on a full-time basis.
And he has indicated he does not fancy working with Singh.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4977980/Shebby-Singh-facing-battle-to-save-his-job-at-Blackburn-Rovers.html#ixzz2WxKyoAV1

A rovers fan ask Martin Blackburn a question on Twitter

you really think this is the end of that shebby Singh at Bburn ?????
Please god let it be true

Martin Blackburn ‏@SunMartinB 21 Jun
in his current position yeah. I know they interviewed for a DoF last week and told the applicant that shebby not part of plans.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

As long as it's someone with adequate admin experience or perhaps experience in management, I have no issue. If it's in the Shebby/JFK mould then God help us.

Guest Norbert

Knowing our luck it'll be either Shebby........or you know who.

Perhaps a D of F would be suitable for someone like Bowyer. He can get on with the coaching, whilst the D of F can scout around to find players for certain positions Bowyer specifies, do the admin/contracts and suchlike. Obviously it works best when bot the D of F and manager get on, and agree on which players to hire and fire. There needs to be a clear definition of who has the last say in these matters though.

Guest Norbert

Maybe Tim Sherwood will come after all! More likely to be Timmy Mallett though. With Agnew gone, Shebby possibly going, I don't think we can expect 3 good decisions in a row.

Usually I am not a fan of the concept of a DOF, especially in the English game. Simply put there is far too much potential for it to all go wrong in terms of the relationship between a manager or coach and the DOF.

In this case however depending on the candidate of course it might be a good idea. Bowyer is a complete novice, if we can get in an experienced guy in who Bowyer is able to work with then it might work out. Bottom line if we had an experienced manager in I would be against it, but with our penchant for inexperienced appointments it might be a good move.

Knowing our luck it'll be either Shebby........or you know who.

Perhaps a D of F would be suitable for someone like Bowyer. He can get on with the coaching, whilst the D of F can scout around to find players for certain positions Bowyer specifies, do the admin/contracts and suchlike. Obviously it works best when bot the D of F and manager get on, and agree on which players to hire and fire. There needs to be a clear definition of who has the last say in these matters though.

Exactly what DoF such being doing.

Someone like Steve Coppell or Mark Warburton from Brentford would be the type of DoF we might want. both experience as DoF wouldn't be looking to undermind Bowyer or after his job.

I'd have hoped that GB would be part of the interview process, given they'll need to get on well for it to work.

maybe he was.

I'd have hoped that GB would be part of the interview process, given they'll need to get on well for it to work.

It's possibly something that Bowyer has requested. He didn't sound overly keep on the job the first time round.

Maybe he wants someone to take on more of the admin/recruitment duties so that he can concentrate on coaching.

Guest Norbert

Well he found a few good French players, so he might do a good job in that kind of role. And assuming Shebby and the agents can be out of the picture he might actually find it better to work here. At least he wouldn't have to suffer the likes of Kinnear charging about telling everyone to eff off, and Pardoo trying to screw any of his daughters/nieces.

Sir Alex Ferguson :)

Actually, in all seriousness, Neil Warnock has been touting himself for this kind of role. Apparently, he reckons it has become more suited to the modern game and contemporary set ups at clubs and believes his experience makes him perfect for the position.

Sir Alex Ferguson :)

Actually, in all seriousness, Neil Warnock has been touting himself for this kind of role. Apparently, he reckons it has become more suited to the modern game and contemporary set ups at clubs and believes his experience makes him perfect for the position.

With the exception of Steve Kean there is no one I hate more in football than Warnock he is an arrogant, over opionated and things he is god!

I know it wont happen but would love to see John Williams back

Archived