BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] KEAN EXCLUSIVE!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, yes. If you don't care about what's happening, then you don't have much interest either?

Unless you're going to be non-partisan and take in a match between any two sides you fancy on the day.

I doubt many fans are like that though, and as futile as hating Steve Kean may be, it's perfectly understandable after the way he screwed this club.

I would suggest he has other things on his mind? Eg: I don't care half as much about Rovers since my uncle died in September.

Fair enough, I understand now but it's all about context.

We are all posting on an Internet fan site - so a niche within a niche. It's unreasonable to expect such a group of people to be forgiving about what he did to our club. He is now a very rich man and we are now fearing for our club's future.

When I turn off my pc or put my phone down obviously there are more important things to worry about but while I'm on here he deserves every ill word coming his way. Especially on a thread with his name in the title.

The only way I might even think about coming close to forgiving him is if he got down on his knees and apologised for patronising and demonising us fans, begged for forgiveness and handed back every penny he took out of our club.

To anyone who isn't that bothered, why are you even moved to post a comment one way or the other?

We are all posting on an Internet fan site - so a niche within a niche. It's unreasonable to expect such a group of people to be forgiving about what he did to our club. He is now a very rich man and we are now fearing for our club's future.

When I turn off my pc or put my phone down obviously there are more important things to worry about but while I'm on here he deserves every ill word coming his way.

The only way I might even think about coming close to forgiving him is if he got down on his knees and apologised for patronising and demonising us fans, begged for forgiveness and handed back every penny he took out of our club.

Well you really can't say fairer than that. A very good summation

As far as I know, he has shown not one iota of remorse.. only intelligence insulting, arrogant lies and distorted logic..not to mention a big fat profit made directly from the club's demise.

To borrow from a none too politically correct dwarf, "When I hear phrases like"..exciting times for the club" and I'm not going anywhere", I reach for my revolver!"

• Backroom

When I turn off my pc or put my phone down obviously there are more important things to worry about but while I'm on here he deserves every ill word coming his way. Especially on a thread with his name in the title.

To anyone who isn't that bothered, why are you even moved to post a comment one way or the other?

Don't get me wrong, it annoyed me when I read the article and I would gladly punch Kean repeatedly. But I can absolutely see where Batman's coming from.

To Brian, they can inspire love and hate, but not to any great extent outside of his tenure imo. Even with hating Kean, I feel more of that should've been aimed at Venkys than him.

Unless you are (or are related to) such a person, it's a bit silly to get worked up about.

Sophistry at it's worst.

Caring about something that doesn't affect your immediate family is hardly 'silly', especially when it involves other peoples livelihoods. You are obviously a deeply compassionate person.

As for Batman, his sole contribution to a thread about Grant Hanley signing a new contract was 'not bothered'. Batman is just too cool for this MB. His insouciance is inspiring.

Imagine going to tennis and not plebbishly abusing the guy who you don't want to win.

I enjoy tennis a lot more than football.

What you find in the stadiums is a healthy respect for the opponents of your favourite player. I love Rafa but would never think of abusing Djokovic.

As for Batman, his sole contribution to a thread about Grant Hanley signing a new contract was 'not bothered'. Batman is just too cool for this MB. His insouciance is inspiring.

Spot on.

I enjoy tennis a lot more than football.

What you find in the stadiums is a healthy respect for the opponents of your favourite player. I love Rafa but would never think of abusing Djokovic.

Me too. Everything from the athletes to the supporters attitude is a million times better than football.

One assumes the caped crusader is telling everyone how to act again.

Look who it isn't!! The Special One himself. Fairly sure you suggested we ignore each other from now on in? If we're back on speaking terms tell me some amazing stories about the coaching sessions you've taken.

Good argument. Fine, when you're watching two men roll around on top of each other on a mat?

Says someone who hides behind the name of a make believe children's hero that has undies over his tights. Oh and a mask.

Comparison with another team sport would be more apt as you don't really see the banter in individual sports.

''Your mum's yer dad, your dad's yer mum, yer interbred, yer Burnley Scum."

Percussion instruments as heads.

Says someone who hides behind the name of a make believe children's hero that has undies over his tights. Oh and a mask.

And to think, I suggested earlier on in the thread that you might be a bit ''thick.''

''Your mum's yer dad, your dad's yer mum, yer interbred, yer Burnley Scum."

Percussion instruments as heads.

And to think, I suggested earlier on in the thread that you might be a bit ''thick.''

Better to be a bit thick than an obnoxious tool .. Back on ignore

Better to thick than obnoxious tool .. Back on ignore

You do it to yourself.

I look on it as the delusions of grandeur of a child, batty boy is probably a more befitting description than batman.

:D

Compares me to a child, in the same sentence suggests I might be a 'batty boy.' You're certainly a specimen, I'll give you that.

• Backroom

Comparison with another team sport would be more apt as you don't really see the banter in individual sports.

Rugby? Golf (Ryder Cup)? Even cricket (Ashes aside) is pretty tame.

Rugby? Golf (Ryder Cup)? Even cricket (Ashes aside) is pretty tame.

It's not that the support is tame, just that the supporters manage to will one team to win without brandishing the following of another team ''inbred scum.''

Archived