BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wimbledon 2013

I love Wimbledon and have done ever since I was a kid, the All England club competition is the one all the pros secretly want the most. It's as English as fish n chips or giving your dog a name.

Do I prefer sportsmen / Women who are true athletes, who don't cheat, and respect the umpire ? Or do I respect the so called integrity of most mercenary badge kissers in the Premier League ? Or daft Americans running round in circles with crash helmets and body armour ?

No contest.

So tennis players respect umpires ha, they are arguing the toss with them all the time.NO RESPECT .

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So tennis players respect umpires ha, they are arguing the toss with them all the time.NO RESPECT .

How would you know? I thought you never watched it? Or, are you basing your entire argument on one youtube video? Suppose that's more depth than you usually manage.

How would you know? I thought you never watched it? Or, are you basing your entire argument on one youtube video? Suppose that's more depth than you usually manage.

I will reply this once to you,. My mate loves it and when i said someone said tennis players are respectful he said have a look on youtube because they are always arguing with umpires.

I will reply this once to you,. My mate loves it and when i said someone said tennis players are respectful he said have a look on youtube because they are always arguing with umpires.

He mustn't watch it very often (probably just two weeks a year).

Tennis players seldom argue with the umpire, and more often that not when they do it is done without swearing and being confrontational, as footballers are. It happens in tennis maybe once every few matches when a player argues with an umpire. If they overstep the mark, they receive a point penalty. It is possible to contest a decision whilst showing respect.

Compare this to football, where players swear and confront referees over every little decision...

Archived