BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Can venkys turn it around?

The irony is Dave, that he has been one of the chief "trolling" culprits. Seems his recent sabbatical over. Shame.

I think you will find I offer my opinion, which can be more negative than most, and people, like yourself, rebuke me with abuse (it's the same old names every time. My little fanclub of goulish stalkers it seems) when frankly most things I write are currently true. The club is a mess, the team is p*ss poor and the future prospects are not exactly rosey. I do not post looking for any kind of response, though the same motormouths round on me like bees round a honeypot time and again. it's as predictable as some may find my posts.

However on this occassion you have to consider that the OP has know previous for knowing what pushes people's buttons. That is the ONLY reason for this topic. Rather like poking a stick at a wasps nest he knows that the majority will disagree vehemently.

And to suggest that this topic exists because the fan base has some hope that Venky's are beginning to turn it round is far too simplistic when you consider who started it. I'm sure Saxo would see positives in the face of impending armageddon. Good night

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit that the Venkys haven't done anything wrong in the past two months.....sacking Agnew, sideline Shebby, appoint Bowyer and make sensible signings is good change to what were used to.

But its Venkys were talking about and it will take a long time for us to forget the first two years.....

But its a start and I hope they read this.

I think you will find I offer my opinion, which can be more negative than most, and people, like yourself, rebuke me with abuse (it's the same old names every time. My little fanclub of goulish stalkers it seems) when frankly most things I write are currently true. The club is a mess, the team is p*ss poor and the future prospects are not exactly rosey. I do not post looking for any kind of response, though the same motormouths round on me like bees round a honeypot time and again. it's as predictable as some may find my posts.

However on this occassion you have to consider that the OP has know previous for knowing what pushes people's buttons. That is the ONLY reason for this topic. Rather like poking a stick at a wasps nest he knows that the majority will disagree vehemently.

And to suggest that this topic exists because the fan base has some hope that Venky's are beginning to turn it round is far too simplistic when you consider who started it. I'm sure Saxo would see positives in the face of impending armageddon. Good night

HA! Brilliant! Love that phrase. It would have been a good one to describe Kean!

This rather makes my previous point. It is hard to argue against powerful language like that without sounding like Mary Poppins or Cliff Richard!

I am not saying your view is wrong either, just that doom mongers do have the the most powerful imagery...how could anyone counter ideas like Armageddon?

If one of them spoke directly to their own clubs supporters via the clubs own tv, radio station or the LT it might be a start. Something that they've failed to really do since they pitched up here.

Perhaps they were not allowed to? , not the brightest buttons in the box it seems and totally out of their depth with regards to what it takes to run a football club (a conman's wildest dreams), so who knows what could have been let slip. After very conflicting (scripted) and confused messages when they first arrived it looked like somebody was advising them to steer clear of off the bat interviews. Maybe I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and they are arrogant and were fully aware of as Mr Kean stated "the plan"

As for the op question, If it's intended to mean back to were we where before they and the FA's approved agent and FA business partners got involved, i.e mid table Premiership side, then if they are prepared to continue bank rolling the club debts, get rid of 2million mistake Shaw, appoint a competent board and structure then sit back and just keep signing the cheques while the club is run professionally from Blackburn, then there's a possibility of it happening. Must admit they have made an half decent start since it seems they alone started making decisions on the club they own.

For them to win over myself it would take more than promotional, an apology would be a start and the truth, can't see either happening as their part in our downfall can not be put down to naivety or stupidity.

Perhaps they were not allowed to? , not the brightest buttons in the box it seems and totally out of their depth with regards to what it takes to run a football club (a conman's wildest dreams), so who knows what could have been let slip. After very conflicting (scripted) and confused messages when they first arrived it looked like somebody was advising them to steer clear of off the bat interviews. Maybe I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and they are arrogant and were fully aware of as Mr Kean stated "the plan"

As for the op question, If it's intended to mean back to were we where before they and the FA's approved agent and FA business partners got involved, i.e mid table Premiership side, then if they are prepared to continue bank rolling the club debts, get rid of 2million mistake Shaw, appoint a competent board and structure then sit back and just keep signing the cheques while the club is run professionally from Blackburn, then there's a possibility of it happening. Must admit they have made an half decent start since it seems they alone started making decisions on the club they own.

For them to win over myself it would take more than promotional, an apology would be a start and the truth, can't see either happening as their part in our downfall can not be put down to naivety or stupidity.

Exactly.I think that is the necessary first step in any reconciliation. Otherwise it will fester like the 1960 Cup Final stuff.

Lots of people never let go of that until Jack's revolution 30 years later.

The Venkys need to understand that all ill feelings and past regrets aside, we all just want the club to be a success(relatively speaking of course) and a positive place to spend a few hours at the weekend,

(also not to have either of our names dragged through the mud by the tabloids anymore)

Good points well put and if indeed your correct and if they have somehow got rid of ties that bind to the unamed then now is a good time for one of them to show a little humility. Speak directly to the fans, i doubt an apology would come but a clear message of their plans would help in a lot of peoples eyes, well it would be a good start at least. Not for me personally as i remain sceptical but to the general fanbase.

A very interesting discussion.

The very language of negativity/loss/resentment/anger is actually rather more exciting and dramatic than the language of optimism.

Therefore, the negative arguments of doom-mongers always seem more powerful and persuasive. Ask any manager who has tried to sell change to a group of workers.

It is all too easy to crush " naive" talk of green shoots of recovery with tough talking descriptions of the end of the world-especially with the trail of destruction wreaked since the takeover.

My sense is that Venky's have destroyed Blackburn Rovers, as I knew it. However, there is always the chance that they may have extricated themselves from damaging contractual relationships with agents and are now free to change course.

How will we know if things actually are changing? What will we see? The removal of Agnew, the sidelining of Singh, some sensible transfer activity, decent season ticket prices, may be a start...the execution of Kean and Venky's returning to Ewood in sack cloth and ashes would also help!

Bloody Hell. I am no Albert Einstein but I could damned well tell them what to do. In particular, what message to give to the supporters about their attitude to their previous mistakes and their plans for the future.

Aside from everything else, there is a crisis of leadership here. It would require Moses style charisma to get many of us to sign up to the journey and, lets face it, babble from confused Venkatesh, arrogant baby-talk Shebby from...er..nonsense from "Madame" just don't cut it.

So as someone , who is still very angry with Venky's, I am genuinely prepared to notice green shoots, but I am wary of being taken for a ride!

See..even when I am trying to be sensible and reflective, the anger leaks out! RTID

I'm in total agreement with you LV.

I know the basis of the original question has been done to death on here in the past but is probably both a current and valid question to revisit based on recent developments.

Unfortunately the righting of previous wrongs isn't just about chucking money at the problem anymore. I think that with quality management from board level down coupled with adequate financial backing, Venkys may have been able to turn matters around. They've probably been thrown a curveball and Financial Fair Play has scuppered that option in reality. This has been compounded further by the dramatic downturn (of the clubs own making) of corporate and commercial revenue. That will take some turning round!

I guess my answer to the question of can Venkys turn the club round? It would have to be no. I do however think that given our current financial plight, they are 'Hobson's choice'. Unfortunate but probably correct.

It would be great to think they could turn it around but anyone who is holding out hope for this will most proably be very upset I think.

How can we ignore what they have done and so how can we ever trust them.

They have made maybe a couple of good decisions and countless bad ones.

There is only one thing they can do to turn things around and thats sell up and never agian return to rovers.

Can they be trusted to not act with criminal intent? Possibly.

Can they be trusted to not act with criminal negligence? Doubtful.

Can they turn it around? Probably not.

Yes, I think it would take a Damascene conversion for them to now see the light.

Or at least, if they did see the light, they'd have to spend more money than they have hitherto wasted putting us back where they found us.

I don't think they can. Despite all the feel good factor on here in the cold light of day we are currently being run by Derek Shaw. This is a man who a month ago was universaly derided. How is this any better? Apart from the soon to depart Finance Director who else is there, even the secretary has gone hasn't he. Until a proper management structure is put in place I can't have any confidence in these people.

By the sounds of it, like a few others no doubt, there is a whisper that moves are afoot to shake things up somewhat at Rovers by the 'owners'. I am led to believe that this is indeed positive, but will have to wait and see whatever the announcement might be.

Though for me it will need more than talk and for that matter actions, this should have happened over twelve months ago. I now want to see tangible positive outcomes on the pitch, with the coaching staff and importantly in the boardroom down at Ewood, for me to begin to take anything eminating from Venkys/BRFC serious, otherwise it's the same old same old for me and still time for them to ship out.

Archived