BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Clearout begins at Rovers

Isn't that the problem? Offering too much for too little

Yes, I agree. I don't think they should pay over the odds for a lge 1 player that has proven nothing at a higher level. In saying that though, I thought the same about Rhodes last year!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome news. Had high hopes for him hen he signed but he has been an absolute waste of space. Massive wages off the books.

I never had any doubt that he was an awful signing. He's been overrated all his career. I think it's based on the fcat that he played for Liverpoool. Being associated with a big club does do remarkeable things for one's image. Other typically overrated players who gained status e above their ability through signing for big clubs include Veron, Djemba Djemba, Llundberg, Dzeko, Mclair, Dyer, Jenas.... there's loads of em.

bani bloody yas????? Anybody heard of them? I'll bet the venky's were told that coming to us was 'a stepping stone' to greater things. Now who do we know that could repeatedly tell such porkies to our stupid owners simply for personal profit and greed? With this clear out the chickens really are coming home to roost aren't they? Anyone keeping a score of the total loss due to all these Kickaballs and assorted n'er do wells? It'll be frightening.

bani bloody yas????? I'll bet the venky's were told that coming to us was 'a stepping stone' to greater things. Now who do we know that could repeatedly tell such porkies to our stupid owners simply for personal profit and greed? With this clear out the chickens really are coming home to roost aren't they? Anyone keeping a score of the total loss due to all these Kickaballs and assorted n'er do wells? It'll be frightening.

Venky's must be fuming about all of this. Bowyer must have told them a few home truths about how much money has been wasted on trash recommended by agents and Shebby. Hopefully this has opened their eyes and they will now start employing proper football people to run the club.

bani bloody yas?????

Beat me to it. Bani Bloody Yas. Sounds like a serious medical condition.

How we managed to sign him in the first place is a miracle - thank God we had £3.5m to spend at the time to secure his services.

How we managed to sign him in the first place is a miracle - thank God we had £3.5m to spend at the time to secure his services.

A saying that i've directed plenty of times toward the Venkymob.......... "Fools and their money are soon parted"

We managed to beat Monaco. They got their revenge now as they snapped Falcao under our nose.

I wonder what Etuhu has made of his best mate being released? I'd imagine he will just sulk on his 30k pw 3 year deal. He'll be the hardest of the lot to shift.

Hopefully he'll grab the opportunity for a nice little payoff and look to lure some other club into believing that he can play football.

I never had any doubt that he was an awful signing. He's been overrated all his career. I think it's based on the fcat that he played for Liverpoool. Being associated with a big club does do remarkeable things for one's image. Other typically overrated players who gained status e above their ability through signing for big clubs include Veron, Djemba Djemba, Llundberg, Dzeko, Mclair, Dyer, Jenas.... there's loads of em.

Veron was a flop at United but believe me, he was top, top class for Lazio. Completely agree about Jenas, I remember him being picked for England ahead of Bentley under McClaren. It's little wonder we didn't qualify when we were picking such limited players based on the reputation of their club.

Veron was a flop at United but believe me, he was top, top class for Lazio. Completely agree about Jenas, I remember him being picked for England ahead of Bentley under McClaren. It's little wonder we didn't qualify when we were picking such limited players based on the reputation of their club.

Agree about Veron, he was a fabulously gifted footballer in my opinion.

I thought Murphy was a good player in his day too. I remember him playing what was almost a centre forward/off the centre forward position for Liverpool at Old Trafford and he didn't look out of place. During the season before he joined us he'd been a mainstay in the Fulham midfield and I was pleased that we had signed him. God knows what went wrong but turmoil at the club, a fractious relationship with the fans and a gobby WAG seemed to put a couple of extra years on ageing legs.

Another very expensive lesson for Venkys who must regret the day they bought Rovers almost as much as we do.

Agree about Veron, he was a fabulously gifted footballer in my opinion.

I thought Murphy was a good player in his day too. I remember him playing what was almost a centre forward/off the centre forward position for Liverpool at Old Trafford and he didn't look out of place. During the season before he joined us he'd been a mainstay in the Fulham midfield and I was pleased that we had signed him. God knows what went wrong but turmoil at the club, a fractious relationship with the fans and a gobby WAG seemed to put a couple of extra years on ageing legs.

Another very expensive lesson for Venkys who must regret the day they bought Rovers almost as much as we do.

If you ever find yourself in a managerial position at a football club chris you really need to pm me before getting the cheque book out. ;)

• Backroom

I never thought Murphy was anything special at Premiership level, but certainly thought he could do a job for us in the Championship. Many of our players last year were handicapped by playing in bizarre systems and were lacking massively in fitness - Murphy, however, wasn't even trying in most games. I can forgive a player performing poorly in certain circumstances, but to not even attempt to give 100% is unforgivable and automatically marks a person down as somebody you do not want in your team.

Glad Murphy is gone, the squad is better off without him.

If you ever find yourself in a managerial position at a football club chris you really need to pm me before getting the cheque book out. ;)

One day you might have the class to engage in a debate without using a snarky, smartarse and boring put down.

Jenas had ability but no desire to use it.

Just as an aside there is a saying in football that applies to so many of our players with reputations ....."you are only as good as your last game".

Spain found that out last night. They are a fading power living off their reputation and it showed for all to see. England showed at Wembley that if you get at the Spanish and deny them time and space and stay between the ball and the goals that they struggle. Parker and Jones did a massive job that evening. Brazil for once were in the unfamilair role of underdogs and they set about doing the above to Spain and they mullered them. A massive turning point was the goal line clearence by Luiz but notwithstanding that a Brazilian team with a work rate ethic and a mean streak defensively is a formidable concept for the World Cup. Brazil v Germany could be some final.

Jenas had ability but no desire to use it.

Just as an aside there is a saying in football that applies to so many of our players with reputations ....."you are only as good as your last game".

Spain found that out last night. They are a fading power living off their reputation and it showed for all to see. England showed at Wembley that if you get at the Spanish and deny them time and space and stay between the ball and the goals that they struggle. Parker and Jones did a massive job that evening. Brazil for once were in the unfamilair role of underdogs and they set about doing the above to Spain and they mullered them. A massive turning point was the goal line clearence by Luiz but notwithstanding that a Brazilian team with a work rate ethic and a mean streak defensively is a formidable concept for the World Cup. Brazil v Germany could be some final.

I remember the same thing being said about Spain when the Yanks beat them.

I agree on Murphy. I haven't liked him since he shouted his mouth off about the playing styles of us, Wolves and Stoke. Not every club has Fulham's prime location and wealthy owner to attract top footballers. I mean can you imagine Berbatov signing for us? Thought that was a very ignorant and unnecessary comment to make. But even so Murphy was very good player throughout his time at Fulham and on the face of it wasn't a terrible signing. The problem was with the guy who signed him. Buying oldies who are taking a step down either works, like Salgado, or spectacularly fails. And to me is all down to the manager's insight to figure out whether the fight is still there and then his motivational ability to get it out of them. Kean was pretty kean on both counts.

I agree on Murphy. I haven't liked him since he shouted his mouth off about the playing styles of us, Wolves and Stoke. Not every club has Fulham's prime location and wealthy owner to attract top footballers. I mean can you imagine Berbatov signing for us? Thought that was a very ignorant and unnecessary comment to make. But even so Murphy was very good player throughout his time at Fulham and on the face of it wasn't a terrible signing. The problem was with the guy who signed him. Buying oldies who are taking a step down either works, like Salgado, or spectacularly fails. And to me is all down to the manager's insight to figure out whether the fight is still there and then his motivational ability to get it out of them. Kean was pretty kean on both counts.

Dead right. I assume it was Kean doing a Fulham old pals act..not sure how much Shebby had to do with Murphy?

Anyway, it comes down to putting the wrong people in charge of key decision making.

I have to admit I thought it would be a good signing, but it wasn't my job to do the full and proper assessment/analysis of Murphy's performances and impact on games over the previous season. Also, was he travelling back and forth to London? Presumably, this should have been a factor in any assessment process.

So much action is required to undo so may ridiculously bad decisions. The question is whether we can start to go forward on the field at the same time as clearing out the crap.

Archived