BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Clearout begins at Rovers

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Formica is a technically sound player, he's just incredibly slow. He runs like he's stuck in quicksand. If a player lacks pace and plays in an attacking position he needs some significant technical ability (e.g Le Tissier). Formica's average at best and so games here just pass him by. In slower leagues like Italy he'll have (and probably has had) better impact.

I never had any doubt that he was an awful signing. He's been overrated all his career. I think it's based on the fcat that he played for Liverpoool. Being associated with a big club does do remarkeable things for one's image. Other typically overrated players who gained status e above their ability through signing for big clubs include Veron, Djemba Djemba, Llundberg, Dzeko, Mclair, Dyer, Jenas.... there's loads of em.

Agree, although i do think Dzeko is better than the others.

I remember a few years back Murphy turned up at Ewood off the back of a couple of goals, being touted to play for England again. After 50 minutes of being made to look like a amateur by Tugay, a yellow card and a final warning, he was dragged off the pitch by his manager, never to play for England again. Remember getting some choice comments on here last summer when I said he was past it, his legs had gone, and 2 years was a stupid decision.

Guest Norbert

Just hope it isnt to make way for even more garbage.

Even if Jesus Christ himself descended from heaven and signed a 20 year contract on minimum wage, you and a few others would find some reason to moan and rubbish his abilities. Comments like "Yeah he can turn water into wine, but I hate Merlot" would be all over this site!

• Backroom

Even if Jesus Christ himself descended from heaven and signed a 20 year contract on minimum wage, you and a few others would find some reason to moan and rubbish his abilities. Comments like "Yeah he can turn water into wine, but I hate Merlot" would be all over this site!

Miracles aside, no proof he can play in a midfield two tbh, so every right to be skeptical in that instance.

Guest Norbert

It is good to cut young players loose early on if they are not deemed good enough. It stops them hanging around taking money for nothing, and gives them a chance to have a decent career.

And DE. we're talking about Jesus, he could play anywhere if he was the son of God and all that.

Mauro was an example how clueless business was done under the clown who is admired by Jose. At first he didn't make even to the bench. Then he was played on wing which no his position. Mauro worked his socks off and no hard feelings for him. He just never should have signed by the club. He wasn't first South American who didn't make it in England.

• Moderation Lead

I remember Formica playing a lovely pass in January 2012 which Nzonzi scored from, we won 3-1 v Stoke

We seemed to pay ($) a lot for that pass, can't remember him doing much else

The small matter of a cross for JR at Turf Morgue last December as well....

• Backroom

Cant help thinking that with all the Jesus jokes thay if we did Muslim or Jewish ones there would be uproar on here.

I'm sure there was an Allah quip on the hang em high thread recently with no uproar

Archived