BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Clearout begins at Rovers

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M.Olsson with fee over £2M. Dann out if better one brought in. Orr for nothing. Maybe Robbo. Another Olsson if not needed as back up's back up. Etuhu is not realisticly going anywhere. Rosado and Nunes should be on low wages and could stay. Would Scott Whotton from manU be a good CD on loan?

Goodwillie has gone back to Dundee on loan

Dundee United director Derek Robertson said: "In working on this deal for several weeks we have listened to what the fans have said.

"After contacting a large number of fans who have still to renew their season ticket it was apparent that many were awaiting some exciting transfer news. It doesn't get much more exciting than this and I hope these fans will now come out and support the club's efforts.

sums up the gulf between English and Scottish football, just

I would be surprised if anyone except the agents involved and the player receive a fee, we'll probably release him to get rid of his wages

Surely the fans should be demanding to know what fee was. If nothing is publicised, then you begin to see how easy it is to screw over any supporters and their club.

I am like a lefty school pre Ofsted..No-one is ever wrong, no-one fails...all answers are ok! Previously wrong answers are re framed as...er...imaginative...special!

In this game you don't have to link them all with one concept like Hitler youth or bad haircut...e.g..

It is well known that Balaji Rao has a passion for bling. Not so well known is that he also has a real penchant for handmade,German shoes, which he regularly buys from a shoe shop in Schulstraße. This town is famous as the birthplace of Josef Ratzinger, later Benedict XV1. When first ordained Benedict was saddened to do a requiem Mass at a funeral where the deceased had been found naked without his toupee..Being found naked without his toupee was a fate that befell British actor Charles Hawtrey towards the end of his life.......

3 more Jean Paul Sartre Gary Glitter,, Paul Agnew...aagghh

Jean Paul Sartre's " huis clos" premiered in Paris in May 1944, the same month that Gary Glitter was born, Glitter appeared in court in October 2012, 3 days before Rovers Hired Henning Berg. The ensuing fiasco resulted in Paul Agnew being criticised in court in April this year. Tenuous enough?

Former Blackburn Rovers striker Nuno Gomes has revealed why he left the club this summer.

The former Benfica captain's contract at Ewood Park was cancelled a year early as the club sought to cut its wage bill.

The 37-year-old told O Jogo: "I was signed for a two-year project in which the main objective was to go up.

"But it was a very troubled year with many changes of manager.

"Because I hardly played in the last few months and we stayed in the Championship it was part of the club's owners' desire to reduce costs."

Mmmm not what he said last week, and we are signing players, maybe just him trying to put some spin on him leaving

Seems to be a fairly good summing up of the situation.

Goodwillie has gone back to Dundee on loan

Gone back to the city, but to play for United.

I'm disappointed with the departure of Goodwillie. He played in our last 3 games of last season that we took 5 points from, how does that logically connect to then letting him go our on loan? Bowyer must have been happy after his performance against Millwall to play him against Palace, and he had a decent game in that one too. This one seems to be more of a potentially damaging cost cutting than the relief it was with Murphy and Gomes.

liked both formica and goodwillie..

formica scored 2 very good goals in our relegation season. one from an nzonzi chip against fulham and other against norwich from a pedersen long ball...

and goodwillie once scored 3 in space of 4 matches i think...

:o

I'm disappointed with the departure of Goodwillie. He played in our last 3 games of last season that we took 5 points from, how does that logically connect to then letting him go our on loan? Bowyer must have been happy after his performance against Millwall to play him against Palace, and he had a decent game in that one too. This one seems to be more of a potentially damaging cost cutting than the relief it was with Murphy and Gomes.

With you on this one SKH. Seen Goodwillie perform well under team GB and thought this coming season was the chance for him to make a mark, somehow though just cant see GB agreeing to this.

I bet Goodwillie was on far more than a player of his ability playing in the 2nd Division should be on so am pleased we are clearing him out. Instead of paying him off we are probably paying most of his salary while he is away on loan. Good progress made so far on getting shut of high earners but a few still to go.

Odd one, the man I wish I'd been called! Did have a couple of high performance games, looked like he'd worked on his fitness at the end of the season. Definitely an agenda. Madam clueless has spoken....GB has told her its been Kean, she thinks that means relegation, cut the wage bill immediately! Bingo! Another one gone!

Same with Murphy, got the good up & coming one confused with the old, rich one......of course Daniel can't have more money.....oops!

Why can't we terminate the contract of DJ Campbell ?

A very very poor player and I am being kind to him ...

Keep him, there's no point cancelling a new player. Getting rid of best as he's never really scored at this level or any level so far should come first. If Jr leaves we know DJ can score us double figures in this league easy.

Campbell is a decent signing. proven at this level. I know he wasn't good for us but I think it was down to Appleton's Tactics and defensive football. Even Rhodes struggle under Appleton.

good move for Goodwillie. he needs to play every week and I don't he would get regular 1st team football here. been on the bench most games

expect Dann and Martin Olsson to leave in next 2 weeks.

Not on the basis of last season he isn't, he was total mince which why it's really annoying that the club had the chance to try him out but got themselves committed to a deal beforehand anyway. No wonder we are in such a mess.

• Backroom

Campbell's proven he can do it in this division. He didn't exactly come in at the best time, did he? I'd have him any day over Goodwillie, who's got no record at all outside of the mighty Scottish leagues.

I'm glad that we are getting rid of the dross that Kean and Shebby bought in. We have wasted a lot of money on a lot of players over the years, but Danny Murphy has to be right up there as one of our worst pieces of business. He did fook all, all season. Formica is another one, who I thought would be a good signing and had some very brief moments, but overall just did not perform. Goodwillie, surprise, surprise didn't turn out to be the next Wayne Rooney.

Venky's must be crying into their tea when they sea the money that they have wasted on complete and utter flops.

I'm glad that we are getting rid of the dross that Kean and Shebby bought in. We have wasted a lot of money on a lot of players over the years, but Danny Murphy has to be right up there as one of our worst pieces of business. He did fook all, all season. Formica is another one, who I thought would be a good signing and had some very brief moments, but overall just did not perform. Goodwillie, surprise, surprise didn't turn out to be the next Wayne Rooney.

Venky's must be crying into their tea when they sea the money that they have wasted on complete and utter flops.

I hope they've learned that not all sharks swim in the sea.

I think I've read somewhere that Rovers were "nice" to Goodwillie and let him go back to Dundee United on loan. This collaborates with him being down in the pecking order. GB knows Rochina well and he might try to use him more.

It was during Appletons period Rochina was sent on loan to Zaragoza, no?

I think I've read somewhere that Rovers were "nice" to Goodwillie and let him go back to Dundee United on loan. This collaborates with him being down in the pecking order. GB knows Rochina well and he might try to use him more.

It was during Appletons period Rochina was sent on loan to Zaragoza, no?

I think Rochina and Dunn are competing against each other for the starting place. Personally I would like to see us playing 4-4-2 but current CM options are not good enough for that tactic. Bowyer does seem to rate Rochina and Dunn also. Getting full support and faith from the manager could easily lift some players who hasn´t convinced yet. Rochina comes my mind.

I hope the Clear Out continues ASAP, either with transfers (even for a small fee),, loans or contract terminated.

Plenty of candidates to follow Gomes and Murphy:

Robinson, Orr, Givet, Ribeiro, Olsson brothers, Etuhu, Paulo Jorge, MGP, Fórmica, Slew, Rosado, Nunes...

Archived