• Undecided
    • Don't like it
    • Hate it
    • Lee Grooby

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moan moan moan

As Claire says, kits have always been around 40 quid, what difference would it make to the buyer if the mark up is 300% or 50% ? Still gonna cost you 40 quid !

Agreed about the sponsorship, nobody wanted to associate themselves with the train wreck that is Venky ownership. Prince's Trust FFS

• Backroom

Don't get the love for the sponsorless shirts, they look amateurish and half-complete.

Amateurish? They didn't look that way for the 100yrs before sponsors were involved. I like the look very much tbh. Hopefully we keep getting sponsor deals done late.

Amateurish? They didn't look that way for the 100yrs before sponsors were involved. I like the look very much tbh. Hopefully we keep getting sponsor deals done late.

Exactly what I was going to say.Shirt sponsors have only been a common occurence for roughly the past 30 years so to say they look amateur without them is strange.

Most national sides don't have sponsors and they look fine.

It's the same for every club though? I do think football shirts are grossly overpriced, and have been for a while, but most seem to like, and no doubt will buy...

Nike actually put some thought behind other club's.

You're essentially saying as long as the shirt has the bare essentials it doesn't matter how shoddy it looks?

• Backroom

Nike actually put some thought behind other club's. You're essentially saying as long as the shirt has the bare essentials it doesn't matter how shoddy it looks?

It's all opinion ofc, but I don't think it looks shoddy at all. I think it looks very simple. I'd actually wear that on days other than rovers matchdays (for a change).

It's all opinion ofc, but I don't think it looks shoddy at all. I think it looks very simple. I'd actually wear that on days other than rovers matchdays (for a change).

I'm not saying this particular kit looks shoddy, but K-Hod said it has the halves, badge, manufacturer, etc. what more could people want? Which suggests it doesn't matter what it looks like so long as it has the most basic elements. That seems a very naive outlook, again, considering these shirts are quite expensive.

• Moderation Lead

I'm not saying this particular kit looks shoddy, but K-Hod said it has the halves, badge, manufacturer, etc. what more could people want? Which suggests it doesn't matter what it looks like so long as it has the most basic elements. That seems a very naive outlook, again, considering these shirts are quite expensive.

I like it, and so do many others on here seemingly. The only thing IMO that has ruined our kits in recent years has been big sponsor logos, especially the black crown paints box, the hsa logo to a lesser extent.

I'm not sure what people expect, as it can hardly deviate too much from the stock features (blue and white halves/badge). I never buy shirts anyway, but if I did- I would definitely get this one!!

Exactly what I was going to say.Shirt sponsors have only been a common occurence for roughly the past 30 years so to say they look amateur without them is strange.

Most national sides don't have sponsors and they look fine.

Brainwashed consumers?

Why on earth someone would prefer a shirt with some garish old tat logo on is beyond beleif

• Backroom

I've got mine and its halves on that back

Its lovely as well its the dry fit material so quite light. Doesn't seem very tight fitting

• Backroom

Yep I'm a short skinny bloke and a small is a nice fit, not overly tight not too baggy

I will say the front is identical to the stock one but the back is different and its a really nice kit

Archived