274 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts?

• Love it
    • Like it
    • Undecided
    • Don't like it
    • Hate it
    • Lee Grooby

They're halves, like they always have been. Bristol Rovers play in quarter shirts.

The new kit looks most attractive - glad to see white shorts have been retained and (hopefully) white socks. Never liked us in blue shorts and socks.

Correct Jim.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

15 quid for the shirt, stick a 2 quid badge and a 2 quid sponsor, then charge us 43...

So basic retailing, as usual ;)

Just bought mine (club shop) and love it. I'll never need to buy one again! Will convert my old one into a laptop case or something.

I organised a team for a 6 a side tournament a month or so ago and bought us all the exact same style top but with the reverse colours (white with red trim)

It's basically just this - http://www.kitking.co.uk/product/nike-striker-ss-kit/10606

15 quid for the shirt, stick a 2 quid badge and a 2 quid sponsor, then charge us 43...

50% (ish) profit. There aren't many retailers who don't work on that kind of margin.

For those moaning about our shirts here's what Adidas have given Notts Forest.

adi48040-896333_478x359.png

Here's what you can buy from places that sell teamwear kits.

48365.jpg

Judging by the pictures of the Nike teamwear shirts, the material the teamwear shirts looks cheaper as they are quite shiny whereas the actual kits they give clubs aren't.

The short sleeved shirt with no sponsor on it looks great, sure if the team is winning, the one with RFS on, will look even better, just dont know though what to make of the blue stripe on the shorts, was it needed.

Meant to say all shirts seemed to be sponsor less in the club shop. Don't know how long that will last.

The short sleeved shirt with no sponsor on it looks great, sure if the team is winning, the one with RFS on, will look even better, just dont know though what to make of the blue stripe on the shorts, was it needed.

Agree shorts are sh!te

50% (ish) profit. There aren't many retailers who don't work on that kind of margin.

The margin is a darn sight more than that.

Can't see the shirt costing much more than £5.

43 quid for a unique top is one thing, charging that when we can buy it for 15 is a bit beyond cheeky!

To be fair, you can't. You'd be customising a Nike product, not purchasing a Blackburn Rovers product (which happens to be manufactured by Nike).

Never underestimate brand value.

is there going to be a 3rd rovers strip this year?

I don't think we will have a colour clash with a blue and red kit this season - the closest clash looks like being with Doncaster's red and white kit. Last season's away kit of just a darker blue needed a mainly white kit to compensate.

I did on Tuesday. I don't know about now though. That's not helped really has it?

Disagree. Very useful information on the assumption that Rover95 can time travel.

Disagree. Very useful information on the assumption that Rover95 can time travel.

Good point well made. If you can time travel Rover95, could you nip back in time 3 years and somehow stop Venkys buying the club? After buying a new sponsorless shirt first last Tuesday of course.

Wouldn't that just be typical? Probably just after Dunny has signed a new contract at the end of the 2016/17 season an all. Leaving recently appointed new manager Steve Patrick (the 57th manager in 4 seasons) with a mountain to climb to get a squad ready in order to defend our Champions League win.

Good point well made. If you can time travel Rover95, could you nip back in time 3 years and somehow stop Venkys buying the club? After buying a new sponsorless shirt first last Tuesday of course.

Surely he'd be stopping Venky's stopping the club *before* he got a new shirt?

Think about it.

Archived