BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Top Gear

• Moderation Lead

Good rule of thumb is anything Clarkson says, does or writes, is to do the exact opposite. The man's a complete to$$er.

+infinity.

Good rule of thumb is anything Clarkson says, does or writes, is to do the exact opposite. The man's a complete to$$er.

He is, but atleast he had a go at that other pompous idiot Piers Morgan.

Guest Norbert

I find Piers Morgan far more poisonous and disgusting if we're comparing the two. I treat the show as a bit of escapism, rather than a serious car show.

Preening petrolheads with egos bigger than their oversized exhaust pipes - cannot stand any of them. James May is the least odious of the 3 because he's also a railway man. Why don't they roadtest ordinary cars that normal people drive ?

They do, but not enough though, actually went to test drive one that they tested once they finally arrived over here and ended up buying it, not tried landing an helicopter on it yet though :)

Not a petrol head and the super car things are a yawn fest , but rest of the programme is enjoyable light entertainment, on every night over here on UKTV continuously running all the series.

Guest Norbert

UKTV, possibly the same company that owns Dave over here. It also shows old episodes on a loop for all time.

• Backroom

UKTV, possibly the same company that owns Dave over here. It also shows old episodes on a loop for all time.

True. I believe they were also behind the channel G.O.L.D.

Don't know if it's the same one but over here in Aus its owned now entirely by BBC worldwide hence lots of BBC content but they also show a lot of ITV programmes so must licence them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_UKTV

Its actually BBC knowledge channel that shows the Top gear stuff, which is part of the UKTV package, hence the mix up in my earlier post

I really loved the special they did in Vietnam.

The Australian version of the show never took off over here, with good reason. Clarkson and the others have a good chemistry. I enjoy the show, even though I have no love for cars or mechanics past the idea that I like a certain model car.

Always liked cars, but became a huge petrolhead because of TG. Have attended the recording of the show, and they are all really likeable off screen. Also been to the live show at excel centre.

Now I just have to win the lottery to get my Pagani Hyararara ( or however it's spelled)

Guest Norbert

It is quite hard to type the sound of someone talking whilst yawning Jan. That's how I imagine the Pagani car should be pronounced.

I always imagine Jeremy isn't as bad off screen, and the things he says on screen are more of a persona that exaggerates an aspect of his personality.

Archived