BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Glastonbury

Anyone enjoying?

Ive enjoyed Primal Scream and The Strypes. The Strypes look heavily influenced by Dr Feelgood but its good to see some young 'uns doing abit of old fashioned Pub Rock.

Want that fussed about Artic Monkeys, Alex has gone from a Dee Dah to a Mid Atlantic bore.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose you can be let of as its such an old device(its probably now seen as retro), but apple anything is just representative of all that's wrong with the modern world.

People getting worked up over unimportant consumer products is representative of all that's wrong with the modern world.

Get a bloody life.

What a bag of @#/?. Never understood the love for mass gigs in a muddy field. I'd rather camp and listen to my ipod.

You sound fun!

Festivals are awesome. Mud or no mud. Never been keen on Glastonbury because of the size, I prefer smaller festivals because you tend to get more interesting people going.

What's wrong with iPods TJ? I've got an iPod classic 160 gb which is permanently connected to my Audi in the glove box. Nearly 18000 tracks on it, mmmm :)

Audi :lol:

You sound fun!

Festivals are awesome. Mud or no mud. Never been keen on Glastonbury because of the size, I prefer smaller festivals because you tend to get more interesting people going.

better chemicals perhaps? :tu:

People getting worked up over unimportant consumer products is representative of all that's wrong with the modern world.

Get a bloody life.

I wad only joshing, thought that was obvious, your the one getting worked up over nothing love.

Stones whete great for a there ages(whqt where you expecting?)

Freddy mercury, really!(well each to there own i suppose)

If the Glastonbury stage was in my back field I'd draw the curtains. The thought of wading around in the filth of countless thousands and getting well and truly ripped off to boot appalls me. Sorry but I don't possess enough ovine behavioural patterns

I wad only joshing, thought that was obvious, your the one getting worked up over nothing love.

Stones whete great for a there ages(whqt where you expecting?)

Freddy mercury, really!(well each to there own i suppose)

I'm not a Queen fan but their performance at Live Aid was the best live 20 minutes music I've ever seen.

Guest Norbert

Queen at their peak would have owned Glastonbury. I thought The Stones were pretty good, but obviously I wasn't around in the late 60's/early 70's when they were really at their peak. Public Enemy were good too.

And as for Gordon's usual snidey comments, all I can say is watching live music is a hell of a lot better than waving a metal stick at a tiny ball or watching middle aged men with moobs getting paid millions for doing the same thing for a green blazer William G. Stewart would refuse to wear. I guess spending your time playing a ridiculous game isn't following the herd if doctors, dentists and architects traditionally do the same thing.

You sound fun!

That's just the ketamine.

Glastonbury was awesome when I went a couple years ago. I know it's massive but there's so many places to go so it's kind of like loads of little festivals in a way. Barring the main stage and that.

I'm not really into to, like popular commercial music, so didn't bother with U2, Coldplay or Beyonce but there loads of artists playing who I wanted to see. Especially Wu-Tang Clan.....got in for free as well :)

I was looking forward to seeing the Stones on T.V. After three numbers I turned the it off and went to bed. Time to call it a day Mick and Keith. Let's hope. Bobby Womack is better tonight.

Yes, I watched the first three, I've recorded the rest but haven't watched it yet, and my initial reaction was "the sound is good," which isn't really what the band would be looking for. I turned off as well and may or may not get round to watching the recording but the little I saw lacked passion and I thought Keith Richards ambled around as though he couldn't give a monkey's. What happened to all those riffs Keith?

Queen at their peak would have owned Glastonbury. I thought The Stones were pretty good, but obviously I wasn't around in the late 60's/early 70's when they were really at their peak. Public Enemy were good too.

Saw the Stones in Hyde Park in 1969, day before my 15th birthday, and twice in 1976 at Earls Court and Knebworth. When I say "saw" at Hyde Park I was in the same general area as I couldn't see the stage! Of those the standout for me was Earls Court, I can still see the stage now, the power and energy of the band - fantastic stuff. Some of the guitar Richards played would make you shiver.

The little bit I saw on Saturday night seemed tame. I realise these guys are now in or approaching their 70s but having seen Springsteen (63) play 3 hours 20 minutes in Coventry ten days ago I know which was the better performance - Bruce just blows the Stones off the stage for energy, anger, passion and showmanship. It was £400+ to see the Stones at the O2 recently, £65 to see Springsteen, who remember just tours and tours because he understands what his fans want, hard to see how Jagger can justify that.

We did think about applying for O2 tickets, despite the price, but decided the memories would be better.

No doubt the Stones were once the greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world but not anymore. I also found Jagger's recent remarks and argument with the BBC unnecessary and distasteful.

Looking forward to Dylan in Blackpool, will be interesting to see how his voice has fared?

Looking at the reports of the Byron Bay festival that Dylan was headlining, he was somewhat disappointing.

Meant to add I was listening to (amongst others) Dylan from 1963 on www.upchucky.org which is a good filler when online.

Archived