BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Glastonbury

It was £400+ to see the Stones at the O2 recently, £65 to see Springsteen, who remember just tours and tours because he understands what his fans want, hard to see how Jagger can justify that.

We did think about applying for O2 tickets, despite the price, but decided the memories would be better.

No doubt the Stones were once the greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world but not anymore. I also found Jagger's recent remarks and argument with the BBC unnecessary and distasteful.

Looking forward to Dylan in Blackpool, will be interesting to see how his voice has fared?

:o Have you missed a decimal point out?

As far as the Stones and Dylan are concerned they were absolutely brilliant in the 60's but if they had been in a plane crash in 1970 we wouldn't have missed very much at all.

btw as far as Bob Dylan's voice is concerned ... you can't lose what you never had! Dylans voice is awful but it was very expressive and suited only to the brilliant music and lyrics that he produced in the 60's. As times moved on Dylan got left behind.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as the Stones and Dylan are concerned they were absolutely brilliant in the 60's but if they had been in a plane crash in 1970 we wouldn't have missed very much at all.

btw as far as Bob Dylan's voice is concerned ... you can't lose what you never had! Dylans voice is awful but it was very expressive and suited only to the brilliant music and lyrics that he produced in the 60's. As times moved on Dylan got left behind.

Thank you whispering Bob Harris.

Meaningless critique that could have been written by a 12-year-old.

The Stones were terrible, absolutely awful. Pity Fred's dead, Queen would have slaughtered it.

Not sure about that Nick.... I think you need to rem that Freddy's finest moment was almost 30 years ago!

And as for Gordon's usual snidey comments, all I can say is watching live music is a hell of a lot better than waving a metal stick at a tiny ball or watching middle aged men with moobs getting paid millions for doing the same thing for a green blazer William G. Stewart would refuse to wear. I guess spending your time playing a ridiculous game isn't following the herd if doctors, dentists and architects traditionally do the same thing.

Hey sorry if I offended you Nobby...... I didn't realise that you were such a big fan of Brucey. :rolleyes:

All together now....... 'Nice to see you Norbert......to see you nice'. :lol:

Looks like someone's had a cold bed bath this morning.

Take no notice Abbey. He's been grumpy since Glenn Miller failed to make it to France.

Here this'll cheer you up Jim..... 'Proper music' about trains too.

'pardon me boy'....... 'boy you can give me a shine'. Eeeeh they don't write em like that anymopre do they? :o:lol:

Nope - no decimal point missing and those were the cheap seats!!!

As for the 1970 remarks in the Stones case some of the most critically acclaimed albums came after 1970, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street, Goats Head Soup, It's Only Rock 'n' Roll and Emotional Rescue (1980) to name a few.

In his youth Dylan may not have had a great voice, though it was probably appropriate, but if you feel he didn't have a voice I suggest you pop out and buy Modern Times from 2006. I'd agree for a period Dylan could be said to have lost his way, or certainly moved in direction which didn't suit many of his fans, but that has always been and will be his way - 1965 Newport Festival etc. He likes it, we don't have to. A plane crash in 1970 - Blood on the Tracks is all I can say.

Ha, ha this made me think. 1978 I slept on the pavement outside a Leeds record store (lived in York at the time) for two nights to buy tickets for the Earls Court gig. Brilliant night.

Nope - no decimal point missing and those were the cheap seats!!!

As for the 1970 remarks in the Stones case some of the most critically acclaimed albums came after 1970, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street, Goats Head Soup, It's Only Rock 'n' Roll and Emotional Rescue (1980) to name a few.

In his youth Dylan may not have had a great voice, though it was probably appropriate, but if you feel he didn't have a voice I suggest you pop out and buy Modern Times from 2006. I'd agree for a period Dylan could be said to have lost his way, or certainly moved in direction which didn't suit many of his fans, but that has always been and will be his way - 1965 Newport Festival etc. He likes it, we don't have to. A plane crash in 1970 - Blood on the Tracks is all I can say.

Ha, ha this made me think. 1978 I slept on the pavement outside a Leeds record store (lived in York at the time) for two nights to buy tickets for the Earls Court gig. Brilliant night.

Cue for Leonard Venkhater I think...............

Can any techie upload Leonard's 'Relegation Row' disc onto the 'Heaven' section? Best football song ever recorded. Maybe we should have a 'Venkhater' section anyway. Chicken Train Blues and Ghost of Uncle Jack all deserve a place on here imo...... and I'm sure there'll be more. ;)

However re: The Rolling Stones. imo A large part of them died when Brian Jones drowned / was drowned. They lost much and were never the same again without him.

btw £400!!! Cheap seats!!! I thought there was a recession on? Who can object to MP's getting another 10k pa now?

Not sure about that Nick.... I think you need to rem that Freddy's finest moment was almost 30 years ago!

He would have been in his sixty's and would have had more of a stage presence than the Stones all put together.

Nearly thirty years ago he owned Live Aid, and Geldof admitted the day was going nowhere till they took the stage :)

Already got tickets Dave - I'll let you know in November!

How much were they? £800?

He would have been in his sixty's and would have had more of a stage presence than the Stones all put together.

Nearly thirty years ago he owned Live Aid, and Geldof admitted the day was going nowhere till they took the stage :)

I thought almost all the Brits here and in the US were superb and all the septics (apart from Chrissie Hyde) were abysmal. The eagerly anticipated climax in Philly with Dylan and Harrison was dreadful.

How much were they? £800?.

£77. Blackpool Opera House. For me it's as close to a club atmosphere as I can get. We shall see.

£77. Blackpool Opera House. For me it's as close to a club atmosphere as I can get. We shall see.

Are you sure it's not Bob Dillon.... Tribute artist? ^_^

Anyway Fri it's Human League at Hoghton Tower. 30 years on but even so they are much more up with the times now than old Bob Zimmerman. You going? You could bike it.

• Moderation Lead

I don't fancy Glasto much any more- the distance, (imagine the drive back after a festival....), the sheer size- and the fact that IMO it's really sold its soul.

What on earth are Rita Ora and Little Mix doing playing there? Not to mention Beyonce the other year.

Smaller festivals are where it's at IMO.

Are you sure it's not Bob Dillon.... Tribute artist? ^_^

Anyway Fri it's Human League at Hoghton Tower. 30 years on but even so they are much more up with the times now than old Bob Zimmerman. You going? You could bike it.

Must admit this event had not crossed my radar but I'm not sure we can compare one of the greatest, possibly THE greatest, influences on popular culture in the second half of the 20th century with a syntho pop band from the 1980s! We would walk as we do for the classical evenings which are very good.

I'm going to see Kenneth Branagh play MacBeth in July perhaps I'd be better off going to see Back to the 80s at Chorley Little Theatre?

Queen at their peak would have owned Glastonbury. I thought The Stones were pretty good, but obviously I wasn't around in the late 60's/early 70's when they were really at their peak. Public Enemy were good too.

And as for Gordon's usual snidey comments, all I can say is watching live music is a hell of a lot better than waving a metal stick at a tiny ball or watching middle aged men with moobs getting paid millions for doing the same thing for a green blazer William G. Stewart would refuse to wear. I guess spending your time playing a ridiculous game isn't following the herd if doctors, dentists and architects traditionally do the same thing.

No it's not.

Take no notice Abbey. He's been grumpy since Glenn Miller failed to make it to France.

Here this'll cheer you up Jim..... 'Proper music' about trains too.

'pardon me boy'....... 'boy you can give me a shine'. Eeeeh they don't write em like that anymopre do they? :o:lol:

Now that is a bit of proper music Gordon. Where did you find that. ^_^

Guest Norbert

Human league .. Crap back in day and I'd wager crapper now.Awful girlie poision to the ears.

The early stuff isn't like that (i.e. before the women joined in). And I do like Phil Oakey's voice.

Archived