BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has this community lost its community spirit?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...... that's true of so many people on here.

And yeah, whilst I'm playing around with new stuff. I thought I'd see if it worked any better than the old reputation system. The idea is that "like" buttons are now much more common then when we launched the rep system (BRFCS, ahead of it's time, again) so they may be used more sensibly now, especially as you can see WHO liked something.

But like everything, it's only an idea, if it works, great, if it doesn't we can soon turn it off again.

Am I Tim?

For the purpose of this discuss, yes.

Sherlock-Holmes-Sherlock-Holmes-detectiv

Did you do it yet? I didn't feel anything.

EDIT: just done a test and it only works in full skin. In mobile skin you can like and unlike but can't tell which posts have been liked by others.

• Backroom

I did it but I am very delicate

Seems you have a points score in your profile, for what its worth I like the like feature but dislike the points display

I did it but I am very delicate

Seems you have a points score in your profile, for what its worth I like the like feature but dislike the points display

I'm inclined to agree but again checking your profile in mobile skin doesn't show it anyway. Nice idea but it won't affect a lot of people.

Cue all the narcissists changing from mobile skin now. :D

I hate the mobile skin anyway. Causes no end of bother. The sooner the main forum has a nice fluid design that works on any size of the screen the better,.

Oh, I completely agree, its just so much easier to use on a small screen. Plus the posts in full version are tiny on mobile.

I haven't posted on here for a long time, I used to post regularly.

There hasn't been a community amongst the fans since SK. I don't wish to use that as another excuse but he segregated the fans and we've never come back together. I'm talking on wider scale than just this forum. Since the media's treatment of us, the sickening treatment from our owners and previous managers, our community Is a shell of what it once was. Things have changed forever unfortunately. As shallow or obvious as it may sound, the only thing that can repair all this is a promotion challenging season, perhaps even promotion.

I know of 2 chaps who used to go to Ewood religiously and post on here... Since SK and Venkys, they have stopped being bothered entirely. I published an article on here when I interviewed Paul Hunt after the 'Forfeit' against Cardiff, I attended protests and supported my team everywhere since I was a little boy but now I feel roughly the same. The passion from our fans as been entirely focused on the bigger picture for over 2 years now that the team seems to have so little importance.

Things look a lot brighter at the moment under Bowyer, the results will ultimately decide that but the right decisions are being made at long last.

Anyhow, I'm just rambling here, hope you are all well and let's hope for better fortunes this season.

If you start growing an extra finger and having strange and confusing feelings for family members, consult a doctor immediately for a dose of Auntie-biotics

or move 9 miles east

If you look at the Members lists of BRFCS 90% have made no posts and another 5% under 10 posts,so how many does that leave us with?

And for that matter where is HUGHESY.....he used to be like a nasty itch(who will ever forget his 'match called off' post)

If you look at the Members lists of BRFCS 90% have made no posts and another 5% under 10 posts,so how many does that leave us with?

And for that matter where is HUGHESY.....he used to be like a nasty itch(who will ever forget his 'match called off' post)

That matches the wealth distribution in this country (and most other countries)

Archived