BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Looking Back

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he still reads occasionally, he picked up what he viewed was an unfair ban that I acknowledged (due to a software fault) was never properly conveyed to him. I've chatted with him numerous times (though not for a year or two) asking him to start posting again, but he was resolute in his stance. A real shame, I disagreed massively with his politics, but loved reading his posts.

And there imo is the rub Glen. Whilst in no way criticising anyone's contribution to the running of this board you must recall that I told you years ago by pm that there are too many sympathisers with left wing tendencies employed in moderation and admin. At times it was open season on anybody to the right of centre who dared to stick his head over the parapet and post alternative views to the cushty biased liberal cabal on here. Hence the disappearence of quality intellects like Blue Phil and Chris (AESF). I guess they'd suffered enough sh1t directed their way to last a lifetime. I've a feeling that Rebelmswar has disappeared for similar reasons and possibly Tris too. Unfortunately intellects like theirs are few and far between.

Those I mentioned above plus Tashor was frequently good value as was Cheshire Blue.

He had the political intellect of a pygmy but as far as post match football perception, comment and analysis was concerned Scotty was as good as it gets.

So, to expand on Abbey's original question, which posters of old do you wish were still contributing?

Jan. Simply because I imagine she looks like Catwoman IRL.

Tris, as well, although his encyclopedic knowledge of everyone's posts frightens me.

So, to expand on Abbey's original question, which posters of old do you wish were still contributing?

B-man was good, as was Phil ,Tashor ,Hannah and the best dingle CC she was a good a laugh.

Mr Pringle and Flopsy.

Jan. Simply because I imagine she looks like Catwoman IRL.

Tris, as well, although his encyclopedic knowledge of everyone's posts frightens me.

Jan ..she traumatised me .

This one will almost certainly be in a minority because he got plenty of stick. But i always enjoyed deryck guyler's spoon' posts. He always stood his ground and didn't take any rubbish. Could never really understand why he got so much grief tbh. I know he was around within the last few years, but seems to have gone quiet of late. Also, where did Roversmum go?

Hum, I just tried to contact a list of 30 or so people that sprung to mind to see if I could convince them to pop by and say hello, but soon stopped when I realised almost all the email addresses we hold are hotmail, aol, tesco, ntlworld, freeserve etc, so probably stopped working a decade ago :(

• Backroom

This one will almost certainly be in a minority because he got plenty of stick. But i always enjoyed deryck guyler's spoon' posts. He always stood his ground and didn't take any rubbish. Could never really understand why he got so much grief tbh. I know he was around within the last few years, but seems to have gone quiet of late. Also, where did Roversmum go?

The problem with DGS is that he came across as very hostile, and at times downright nasty. There's a way to disagree with someone without resorting to those levels and he was rarely capable of it. He's undoubtedly an intelligent chap though.

Reb is up there for me, too, as a poster I miss. Quite a few of the old schoolers would do well to come back and give this BRFCS lark another go, even if it is infrequently.

So good they banned him twice......... for being obnoxious and insulting unless I am mistaken. Shame he was so dismissive and disparaging to other posters cos he had a decent intellect.

Archived