BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Looking Back

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Lee Grooby was still here before poacher became gamekeeper, but have no idea when that was. Like maybe some on here I keep thinking I'll give up, but the messageboard has a strange pull... I wonder how many hours many of us have "wasted " on here over the years.....................................

• Backroom

Because your original account was banned, Iceman? :P

I may be far off the mark, my apologies if so!

You're not. I think it's best for Icers to leave that one alone, though.

Been on here since about 1999 or 2000. Went to one of the first brfcs meet ups in the blues bar - just me, my mate, Glenn, Ste B, Flopsy and Beta Ray Bill. Quite weird to think just how long I've known some people 'from the internet'

Joined in 1998 I think, or maybe early 1999.

Remember chatting in the chat room and thinking with Jan and Dave Birch.

Remember H from steps, Dr Stamen (who unsuccessfully posed as a German exchange student), Ranoff Westwood threatening to level the town of Blackburn, Itchy, Scot Simpson, Blue Phil.

I think there's always been an element of aggro on this board. When we went down in 1999 it wasn't pleasant.

Ditto. I forgot about her. I used to have a couple of debates with her in my younger days posting on here. She was rather repulsed at the behaviour of Rovers fans in Salzburg I seem to recall!

I'm sure she was a Celtic fan and perhaps following Rovers was a flash in the pan? I stand to be corrected though and fair play to her if she still goes Rovers

Leverkeuson I believe.

That reminds me has waggy drunk and shagged himself to death yet in trying to emulate Cary Grant's 'Mother Goose'?

She only followed Rovers because of the Dalglish-Celtic connection. Disappeared since we fell on hard times.

She was very dedicated for well over a decade after Kenny retired to Hillside GC. Travelled miles to watch the Rovers home and away and in Europe.

Guest Norbert

Probably been imprisoned in Qatar for 200 years some strong pain killers for migraines. Mind you, I doubt I'd log in for a long time after all that carry on.

So how do you go on at these brfcs meet ups ? Do you all wear little name tags so everyone knows who you are ? .... I ve never knowingly met another brfcs'er althougher there was a chap at wolves couple seasons back who had modes 98 on back of his shirt ... I meet and speak to loads of rovers fans home n away ...never ask 'em if they come on internet forums ...sounds a bit nerdy !!

Leverkeuson I believe.

That reminds me has waggy drunk and shagged himself to death yet in trying to emulate Cary Grant's 'Mother Goose'?

Bloody hell! Waggy!? Where are they now? You might be right theno. He was a character!

• Backroom

I'd certainly like to meet more brfcs'ers. Only ever met (having thought more about it) Glenn, Modes, Seggie, brian_gallagher, RIML and adfortheblues (altho I knew the latter pre-brfcs).

Waggy is now a regular poster on the Rovers facebook page,. I think we may have given him a perma-ban for wasting waaay to much of mines and Ste's time trying to convince us he was a Venky's employee.

... we should probably forgive him for that :)

L

She was very dedicated for well over a decade after Kenny retired to Hillside GC. Travelled miles to watch the Rovers home and away and in Europe.

She was just a glory hunter. Latched on to us when Dalglish came, disappeared when the going got tough.

Referring to Abbey's opening to this thread, I only go back to when the Pune Crew went to India.

I got a call from a long standing mate, through school and Rovers, who was in Pune, independently invited with his business partner, aside from the 'Pune 9'.

A story had appeared in the Sunday People during their visit which effectively blew their cover so to speak. Not that it was covert in the first place by the way and has been well documented since.

However, as a consequence of the story I was asked as a favour if I could try to stem the tide of negativity towards them on the Internet. Why the hell was there negativity?

I'd never previously been on a forum or Rovers website before so didn't know where to start to be honest. I also didn't and still don't do any social networking sites such as Facebook. I started on Roversmad because it was the first one I came across at the time and ultimately found my way onto BRFCS. At the time I do recall that Bobby Saxtonman was a prominent poster on Roversmad.

So, I guess I'm a relative newcomer to this site but still proud to have been a Rover for almost 50 years.

For all we've had to endure, at the end of the day, We Are The Rovers!

However, as a consequence of the story I was asked as a favour if I could try to stem the tide of negativity towards them on the Internet. Why the hell was there negativity?

That's quite shocking and disappointing really. It pretty much undermines your opinions on the whole Seneca thing from start to finish.

I knew you were a personal friend of Ian's but I didn't know you were only on here to promote him. Makes you sound like his stooge.

• Backroom

Waggy is now a regular poster on the Rovers facebook page,. I think we may have given him a perma-ban for wasting waaay to much of mines and Ste's time trying to convince us he was a Venky's employee.

... we should probably forgive him for that :)

Sadly he also made some pretty unpleasant posts about some members of the site which just couldn't fly

Been on here since about 1999 or 2000. Went to one of the first brfcs meet ups in the blues bar - just me, my mate, Glenn, Ste B, Flopsy and Beta Ray Bill. Quite weird to think just how long I've known some people 'from the internet'

With me having the 'honour' of asking you if you were there to meet some men you've met over the internet! The others were too much of cowards to risk being slapped and/or arrested.

I'd certainly like to meet more brfcs'ers. Only ever met (having thought more about it) Glenn, Modes, Seggie, brian_gallagher, RIML and adfortheblues (altho I knew the latter pre-brfcs).

And me on the coach to Wolves, when you didn't realise I was sat just in front of you and I was posting to your facebook account. :-)

Archived