BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Looking Back

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So have I and thousands more.

Jan was very knowledgeable and a good poster. Like her or hate her the mboard is poorer without her contributions.

So have I and thousands more.

Jan was very knowledgeable and a good poster. Like her or hate her the mboard is poorer without her contributions.

Agree. Often didn´t agree with her, but her presence made the board a better place. As did others, such as Scotty, Tris, Blue Phil, American and AESF - plus many others . who seem to have left the board for good, alas.

Life moves on, however, for better for worse...and as great posters are lost, other great ones take their place. We would have more if the club itself wasn´t in such a parlous state.

I have actually been around since about 1999/2000, under a slightly different username I think, but only a regular poster since the Big Sam days.

I somehow used to prefer the official Rovers MB until the moderation became so controlling, a family member almost lost his job at the club due to some emails flying around the club as a result of me posting some information regarding a potential closure of an Academy building.

A very sterlie forum to post on; anything that questioned how the club was run or potentially derogatory comments about the club were deleted quicker than Murphy picking up his pay-off last week.

So yeah, rediscovered BRFCS and found it to be a much more mature and sensible place to discuss the club.

Well, in the main anyway ;)

Waggy is now a regular poster on the Rovers facebook page,. I think we may have given him a perma-ban for wasting waaay to much of mines and Ste's time trying to convince us he was a Venky's employee.

... we should probably forgive him for that :)

Bring him back, summed up a game in a sentence better than most

Good to see my 11 years worth of posts were not all in vain! :blush:

I lurked from the 90s, only joining just before the League Cup final. I've met many a forumite in Salzburg, Cologne, Amsterdam and so on (oh for those days again! )

Though I still read the forums every day, still frequent my seat in front of his Lordship Ste B on the BBE, I've just not been able to muster the enthusiasm for posting. I suppose there are only so many times one can enter the Big Sam V 'Playing Football The Right Way' debate, without totally losing your marbles, add in my general despair with the dismantling of our fantastic football club and posting block is the result.

Al ... I'm not trying to be funny here ... but I'm pretty sure this website was not around in October '91.

You know you might be right. My memory must be playing tricks with me. 2001 is a good 12 years. Could be right. Apologies. :wacko:

Good to see my 11 years worth of posts were not all in vain! :blush:

I lurked from the 90s, only joining just before the League Cup final. I've met many a forumite in Salzburg, Cologne, Amsterdam and so on (oh for those days again! )

Though I still read the forums every day, still frequent my seat in front of his Lordship Ste B on the BBE, I've just not been able to muster the enthusiasm for posting. I suppose there are only so many times one can enter the Big Sam V 'Playing Football The Right Way' debate, without totally losing your marbles, add in my general despair with the dismantling of our fantastic football club and posting block is the result.

I wondered where you had gone MattyBlue. I used to enjoy your posts and although understanding your reasons fully, wish you and others would return to the message board more regularly.

I suppose there are only so many times one can enter the Big Sam V 'Playing Football The Right Way' debate, without totally losing your marbles.

Oh, that's so 2009...

2010, 2011, 2012... :D

To be honest though, that's largely disappeared now and been re-written as "the good old days". ;)

Hope next season brings back your enthusiasm and you start to post again. In fact, I hope it brings back some enthusiasm for all of us!

You know you might be right. My memory must be playing tricks with me. 2001 is a good 12 years. Could be right. Apologies. :wacko:

No need to apologies... I was just curious to know if there had been a forerunner to this board that I hadn't been aware of.

My weaknesses are surprise and fear. And a ruthless dedication to the Pope.

Close ... but no cigar!

I have "an almost fanatical devotion" to detail.

First found this site around 97/98 I think and only used the news service for a few years. Joined the MB in 2001 and used to be more active before moving out to the US which has meant less access to Rovers games. Still lurk semi-regularly to get news updates and read match reports.

Good to re-read some of the old names again. Always enjoyed FourLaneBlue, DaveBirch, pg, Tashor, Flopsy, Alan75 and Tris' contributions among others. The Greatest Team debate was one of the highlights.

I joined when the takeover rumours started and expressed my displeasure at the thought of Ali Sayed (sp?) taking over.

It just seemed far too good to be true and if a guy was going to put £400m in he would surely want it back.

This being BRFCS I was attacked from all sides by geriatric keyboard warriors and the site hasn't changed one bit since.

Get a life folks!

I joined when the takeover rumours started and expressed my displeasure at the thought of Ali Sayed (sp?) taking over.

It just seemed far too good to be true and if a guy was going to put £400m in he would surely want it back.

This being BRFCS I was attacked from all sides by geriatric keyboard warriors and the site hasn't changed one bit since.

Get a life

not all sides

Get a life folks!

It's great to have you, John! :rolleyes:

Only joined circa 2010 after reading from a far and being registered on the official board for a while.

It's like crack this place. I'm constantly checking TapaTalk under my desk at work for any new info!

Bloody hell! Waggy!? Where are they now? You might be right theno. He was a character!

Aye. I remember meeting Waggy for first time in Koln before the Leverkusen game. Was with his nephew who was stationed in Germany if I remember. Top trip that was. Was with Macky who introduced me to this board sometime after Lyon away where some members of tis board looked after him after he 'fell asleep' on the old sncf choo choo train.

In 2000 my son, Spenny, persuaded me to buy a computer; an apple mac; a big orange coloured TV looking thing.

He was back in UK from abroad and we went to Ewood to watch Crewe Alexandra. Before the game I was introduced to two people known as "the old gits" and Lee Grooby. Lee arranged for Spenny to be interviewed by Radio Rovers and afterwards the five of us met up in The Waters Edge.

Lee helped me setting up and running my mac because Spenny had returned abroad. So it must have been the latter half of 2000 when I joined the board.

I have wasted many hours on this board, mainly reading the bulls..t posted. ;)

I say "wasted"; I mean "thoroughly enjoyed"

Thanks, ABBEY, for starting this thread; another good read!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, I promised Glenn I would reply to this post so here I am!

Thanks to Abbey for your kind words about missing me, you always were such a charmer!

I'm still in the RAF, 9 years now, about the same sort of time since I last met up with any of the forum bunch at a game.

I tend not to watch football anymore, I just fell out of love with it.

Hope everyones well, still keep in touch with Flopsy. Poor me!

Tom

Archived