BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is Ruben back?

• Backroom

Love my mailbox ? That's sounds dodgier than Nixon.

He might want to keep his id private but he posts on here and definitely knows his stuff and has a proven record of good info

Edit - just seen he's unmasked anyway its unleaded who you may recall broke the Nzonzi news when nobody had heard of him along with others

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If rochina leaves we have lost our game changer and are in for a battling midtable finish

I would tend to agree. Lose him and Rovers lose their only playmaker. I would argue he's technically the best player in this division.... mentally, not so much.

I would tend to agree. Lose him and Rovers lose their only playmaker. I would argue he's technically the best player in this division.... mentally, not so much.

I'd rather have a mixture of technique, intelligence and physique.

I like watching Ruben, but he seems incapable of offering team play - a similar reason to why I didn't shed a tear when Hoillett left.

I'd rather have a mixture of technique, intelligence and physique.

Who's cutting the cheque for that, then?

I like watching Ruben, but he seems incapable of offering team play - a similar reason to why I didn't shed a tear when Hoillett left.

In 19 apps last season he scored 5 goals and set up 3. At that rate, he would've been up there with Wilfred Zaha.

Who's cutting the cheque for that, then?

In 19 apps last season he scored 5 goals and set up 3. At that rate, he would've been up there with Wilfred Zaha.

I'm not disputing his talent or technique, can you imagine some of la Masia's most prodigious talents playing against Bristol City every week?

The issue is his contributions in other thirds, giving the ball away, not learning from mistakes or following manager instructions. Perhaps the key to Rubens career would have been or will be a manager who can get the absolute best out of him without the issues I mention.

I love and hate watching Ruben, and I am sure you are the same.

If Rochina does go wonder if FA Approved agent to the stars off shore will stump up the difference between what Rovers get (if anything) and the 6 million that he said he was worth (obviously minus a rather large agents fee) on signing and no doubt his value rose under said FA Approved agent's tactical genius client.

so, where's Ruben??

Back to my main point!!!!

Ruben is in Portugal with the rest of the Rovers first team squad as his twitter account and pages suggest.

But does Ruben want to be here if he not going to play every game?

Ruben has to perform on the pitch and use his skill in the right areas of the pitch for me. can be a match winner for Rovers but he has to fight for his place.

Rhodes will start every game but its between DJ Campbell, Best and Ruben who will start up front with him.

I'm not disputing his talent or technique, can you imagine some of la Masia's most prodigious talents playing against Bristol City every week?

The issue is his contributions in other thirds, giving the ball away, not learning from mistakes or following manager instructions. Perhaps the key to Rubens career would have been or will be a manager who can get the absolute best out of him without the issues I mention.

I love and hate watching Ruben, and I am sure you are the same.

He's a doubled-edged sword, alright. Players like him usually are until they learn to improve their overall game. I think we're a better side for having him as an option than not.

Ruben is in Portugal with the rest of the Rovers first team squad as his twitter account and pages suggest.

But does Ruben want to be here if he not going to play every game?

Ruben has to perform on the pitch and use his skill in the right areas of the pitch for me. can be a match winner for Rovers but he has to fight for his place.

Rhodes will start every game but its between DJ Campbell, Best and Ruben who will start up front with him.

Best is a none trier, if what we saw at the end of last season is anything to go by. Campbell was less than useless, but id Ruben the best man to partner Rhodes?

Tarrabt is a good comparison to Rochina. I remember seeing a couple of his sub appearances for Tottenham and being amazed by how much of a greedy showpony he was. He would shoot from anywhere or try the most complicated ball when a simple pass would suffice. It was like he was always trying to make a name for himself. I wrote him off then as a non-starter as a player.

However he went to QPR, spent 1 full season getting used to the division (44 apps, 7 goals), matured and then fired them to promotion the following season (44 apps, 19 goals). He is a prime example of a player who always must have showed talent but took a full season to become the best player he could be.

Rochina is very similar. He still has only made 41 appearances (half as sub) for Rovers. These have been in a side that have been regularly regressing and have permanently been swapping tactics. However even people unsure about him confess he has talent. He has the kind of raw talent that we would probably be unable to buy at the moment. Unless it was financial, I would just see it as a backward step to get rid.

Agreed.

I've watched games where we've essentially created nothing for 60/70 mins. Then Rochina comes on, mostly gives the ball away or loses it but still creates 3/4 chances.

And people moan at him for being wasteful.......we were worse off when he was off the pitch.

He finds space, draws their players out of position and does have really good vision and the technical ability to pull off decent passes.

We should be going all out to keep him. He needs an extended run in a decent team under a decent manager.

It's tempting to go on your own when there's not much on. He can be greedy but this can be ironed out of his game. Although to be fair he can pass when he should have shot so it's more his decision making imo. Either way, another thing that can be worked on and can be expected to be lacking in someone as young as him.

Agreed.

I've watched games where we've essentially created nothing for 60/70 mins. Then Rochina comes on, mostly gives the ball away or loses it but still creates 3/4 chances.

And people moan at him for being wasteful.......we were worse off when he was off the pitch.

He finds space, draws their players out of position and does have really good vision and the technical ability to pull off decent passes.

We should be going all out to keep him. He needs an extended run in a decent team under a decent manager.

It's tempting to go on your own when there's not much on. He can be greedy but this can be ironed out of his game. Although to be fair he can pass when he should have shot so it's more his decision making imo. Either way, another thing that can be worked on and can be expected to be lacking in someone as young as him.

Well said.

I'll not be happy if he goes.

Archived