BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is Ruben back?

• Backroom

Very good.. and very predictable........

btw Will you still be scoffing when BRFC has been wound up?

I know I would. I wouldn't follow some phoenix team anymore than I'd follow a rival club. I'd most likely go to more Darwen AFC games in any case.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes we'd probably be at clitheroe if we couldn't be at rovers. No chance of following any kind of hybrid team.

Try telling that to the kids. They'd be off with their mates to LCFC in a crack! Who the hell wants to watch Clitheroe or Darren for that matter?

btw gumboots... logic and rationale never was your strong point was it? Told and better told at the time but you remained resolute that you hated the sight of Sam Allardyce and wanted him cast out of BRFC. Well you got your wish didn't you? How does that victory feel now? Come to that how much can you trust your own judgement? More to the point why should anybody place any credibility in your opinions?

Plus.... you've done something very few have..... you've switched allegiance from your home town team once already. If you can do that and don't ever miss Boro what makes you so sure that you would miss the Rovers?

Think you're wrong on so many counts there, Gordon. 1) my kids are all grown up and make their own minds up. Other people's kids already support Liverpool, man Utd Chelsea etc and if brfc can't grab them then no hybrid Lancs team will.

2) I continued attending Rovers games despite my well known aversion to Allardyce, and did not call for his sacking despite being bored to tears throughout many of the games during his tenure. I have stated many times that despite my personal aversion to Allardyce I could accept that he was probably what we needed at the time.

3) when I went to Middlesbrough I was a kid. Many kids change their football teams when they settle somewhere. i didn't realise it was compulsory to stay a supporter of one team for life, especially if your life takes you in different directions and youve only been a childhood follower of your local team. I've been here in the Ribble Valley for 30 years. The Middlesbrough of my childhood no longer exists and hasn't since the early 1970s when I left. I don't recognise most of the area when I visit family and even my dad, who's never left doesn't recognise the village he lives in

4) I don't ask anyone to agree with my opinions. I'm not a bully who feels that it's my way or the highway. Opinions are just that. People read them and make up their own minds as to whether they agree or not or whether they are close but can't accept some of the opinion whilst agreeing with the main thrust.

5) whilst I no longer actively support the Boro, theirs is always the second result I look for. I still care. It's a bit like a second marriage. Different feelings but still strong.

Back to topic - I understand people feeling that if Rochina goes we lose flair and that worries me, but then, like Bob, I ask myself " is it worth it if he can't marry that flair to the necessary team play?"

Guest Norbert

She is right though. I'm someone who does not have a 'home town' and I used to like Liverpool in the 80's when I lived abroad as they were the first team I heard of as a child. One of my older sisters was a fan too which probably pushed me that way. It wasn't until I went to games in the mid 90's that I supported Blackburn. If we're going by the daft 'rule' that you should support your home town team I should be a fan of one of the north London teams.

And I am in two minds about Rochina. He has flair which the squad lacks, but he is so frustrating. If I can describe him like a car, it is like designing one of those Bugattis, or a Ferrari, and then putting wheels of a shopping trolley on it. The power and brilliance may be there, but in practice you can only see a fraction of what it can do

At least I don't cry to be banned ;)
Love the way those who slag me off don't ever attend games.

Do you know Abbey, I can't understand how people who do not attend games form their opinions of our players or tactics. Yet they come on here as authorities telling the rest of us exactly what is wrong. It beats me.

Do you know Abbey, I can't understand how people who do not attend games form their opinions of our players or tactics. Yet they come on here as authorities telling the rest of us exactly what is wrong. It beats me.

What does Abbey deliberating misrepresenting people have to do AT ALL with how many games one attends?

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"........ ^_^

You asked her a question.

She replied in a very polite manner, Gord, which is something that you are not known for.

Whilst I might agree with the sentiments of your post regarding Allardyce, Ms Gumboots more than adequately answered.

What does Abbey deliberating misrepresenting people have to do AT ALL with how many games one attends?

Maybe nothing but my point about non attenders having opinions is still valid. I do not say they are not fans but they cannot possibly have opinions about individual players or indeed tactics.

Maybe nothing but my point about non attenders having opinions is still valid. I do not say they are not fans but they cannot possibly have opinions about individual players or indeed tactics.

that's fine but Abbey wasnt giving his opinion on players or tactics!

Your point is irrelevant.

And just because attendees have a better view of the game doesn't necessarily mean they are more clued up. Have you HEARD some of the Ewood faithful?

Amarillo, the attendees don't have a better view of the game. With the multitude of cameras these days the armchair supporter sees a lot more.

The only thing that is lacking is the atmosphere.

That would put the home watchers at an advantage then

• Backroom

I don't think this is particularly relevant to the discussion but I find having a view of the whole pitch is better for assessing things on the whole as you can see what people are doing off the ball. However anyone has a right to comment and its a weak argument otherwise. Both ways has its advantages and there's a reason scouts both watch tapes of players and go to see them live

What does grind is armchair critics of the fans, I won't name any names (Tombo the great - send your moaning email about right of reply to Glenn) but you see people moaning on twitter about the fans when they are sat at home behind a pc screen

Well, it could.

The one thing I've noticed about Football telecasts is that they tend to give a broader view of the play; that is, they tend to show how the play is building, rather than focus on the immediate play as in RL or Union.

I don't think this is particularly relevant to the discussion but I find having a view of the whole pitch is better for assessing things on the whole as you can see what people are doing off the ball. However anyone has a right to comment and its a weak argument otherwise. Both ways has its advantages and there's a reason scouts both watch tapes of players and go to see them live

I would agree with that. Then again, Tom, just because someone is watching live doesn't necessarily mean they will notice those things. That's the problem people run into when they make blanket statements without engaging their brain. Anyway, good to know Abbey has detracted another topic with his inimitable style of debating.

You do bring a cross between Vinjay , TJ and chaddy humour and you say I'm special.. I've said it before and I will say it again . I wouldn't dream of going on a bronco board and trying to show I know more than fans who go to games. I watch online yes but I'd say last season 90% of games wernt streamed anywhere ..

Neither are you

Check the umpteen posts earlier neither was anyone else but let's pull abs up again.

Amarillo, the attendees don't have a better view of the game. With the multitude of cameras these days the armchair supporter sees a lot more.

The only thing that is lacking is the atmosphere.

How many live games did we feature in tho . ? How many streams were there last season ?

Only problem is we don't get home watching much in this division

I would agree with that. Then again, Tom, just because someone is watching live doesn't necessarily mean they will notice those things. That's the problem people run into when they make blanket statements without engaging their brain. Anyway, good to know Abbey has detracted another topic with his inimitable style of debating.

Ok Ffs . How many other off topic posts were there before I posted You don't have a pop at anyone else do you .sunstroke affecting you or what?

Ok the opening question is a yes or no and thread closed.

Right I'm off for a pint in covent garden adios.

Al, what about having vids of games, surely that can allow a "non attendee" an opinion?

There are not very many videos of the games in this league Dave. If there were I would watch all the away games. 30 second highlights are about all you get. I don't see you commenting too much on individual players which is fair enough from where you live.

Anyway I firmly believe in the old adage "There is nothing like being there".

Archived