BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Jones - What were your thoughts?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Quite liked him, think most did as well.

I thought we would have made a move for him especially after him being on loan and playing most of the time whilst he was here as well. Will have to wait and see what happens, but I'd be a bit disappointed if we didn't make a bid.....

Midfield growler. Solid player with a good left foot and a prodigious work rate. Limited on actual quality and he picks up plenty of bookings for overly aggressive challenges. I'd like him here tbh but he'd be your (Burnley) type of player for sure.

Remarkeable stat is that on his debut he came on as sub at HT and ended up MoM!..... and I can't imagine anybody on Ewood that day disagreed.

Midfield growler. Solid player with a good left foot and a prodigious work rate. Limited on actual quality and he picks up plenty of bookings for overly aggressive challenges. I'd like him here tbh but he'd be your (Burnley) type of player for sure.

Remarkeable stat is that on his debut he came on as sub at HT and ended up MoM!..... and I can't imagine anybody on Ewood that day disagreed.

Against Peterborough if I remember correctly. Only other player I can think of who has made a similar impact coming on at HT was David Thompson when we played Birmingham at Ewood. Think it was 3-3 or 3-2 that game.

As for Jones, does the simple things but that's about it. Don't expect him to be creative or anything more than a grafter.

A lot of Rovers fans' views on him will be skewed as we had to put up with Murphy for most of the season and when someone with minute quality came in, he seemed like a fresh of breath air!

Would like to see him here next season but with the number of midfielders we have and with spearing coming in, probably best if we can ship out at least 1 more player (Etuhu or Formica preferably) before making an approach.

• Backroom

Good player made to look much better then he is due to replacing Danny Murphy

After his fantastic debut he was steady but never really got close to repeating that level of performance

He'll do we'll at any club in the league

Cheers - I've no idea if there is any substance in the rumour but it does make some sense - we need midfielders and I get the feeling our manager doesn't have a huge appetite for finesse.

In fairness he can pick a pass, there's a reason why Martinez bought him. Agree with the previous posts though, he's ridiculously one footed.

• Backroom

He's definitely good enough for a Championship team. He kind of reminds me of Robbie Savage but without all of the pantomime villain stuff. Works hard, gets stuck in, technically limited but he gives his all when he's on the pitch.

I have to admit I am very disappointed we have not tied him down to a long term deal considering he did really well for us and kept us up with his performances and his goal and considering who we have bought in in terms of experience he really should have been a must and I would go as far to say bringing in that waste of space Marrow will prove to be a big mistake he has done sweet FA since he left I can understand bringing back Judge as he has done well since he left but to bring back Marrow ahead of Jones will prove pure insanity & a massive mistake just my opinion.

Grafter, good passing ability and past history shows he's a threat from set pieces (Stunning free kick whilst playing for Wolves)

However, like a lot of left peggers, he's possibly the most one footed player of all time. His right leg is for standing on and not much else.

For me personally after having Murphy in the middle for most of the season when Jones came in he was a breath of fresh air. Especially on his debut when he came on for Murphy and scored and got man of the match when Peterborough beat us 3-2. Quite one footed but I thought he was good for us.

I have to admit I am very disappointed we have not tied him down to a long term deal considering he did really well for us and kept us up with his performances and his goal and considering who we have bought in in terms of experience he really should have been a must and I would go as far to say bringing in that waste of space Marrow will prove to be a big mistake he has done sweet FA since he left I can understand bringing back Judge as he has done well since he left but to bring back Marrow ahead of Jones will prove pure insanity & a massive mistake just my opinion.

Don't agree... Think Marrow will only be better.

As I've said in the transfer thread, reckon we are desperately trying to shift Rochina in order to make room for Jones. Perhaps why he hasn't been confirmed by Burnley yet. Burnley are relegation fodder next season so he won't want to go there.

From what I saw last season , he is ok nothing special ..Preferred Willaimson who played very well in a couple of games ..

He is left footed which is an asset but really ought to be looking for someone better ....

Lack of pace is a problem in the team something which Jones lacks as well...

Archived