BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• 2 weeks later...

Well Hameed is going to get his shot. I have huge reservations about a 19 year old lad who has had only one domestic season and only finished his a-levels in the summer. Playing against the current best test bowler in the world, against the current best test team in the world in their own back yard which just so happen to be conditions we historically/are struggling in.

Kerrigan was destroyed by his England experience but on the other side of the coin Jimmy took his opportunity and became the leading English wicket taker. With my county hat on I don't see too many good scenarios for Lancs if he excels he'll not play much for Lancs again in a side with a woeful lack of batting quality or if he bombs and does a Kerrigan Lancs have lost their hottest prospect.

Well Hameed is going to get his shot. I have huge reservations about a 19 year old lad who has had only one domestic season and only finished his a-levels in the summer. Playing against the current best test bowler in the world, against the current best test team in the world in their own back yard which just so happen to be conditions we historically/are struggling in.

Kerrigan was destroyed by his England experience but on the other side of the coin Jimmy took his opportunity and became the leading English wicket taker. With my county hat on I don't see too many good scenarios for Lancs if he excels he'll not play much for Lancs again in a side with a woeful lack of batting quality or if he bombs and does a Kerrigan Lancs have lost their hottest prospect.

Agreed, if anything should have been given the chance vs Bangladesh - surely that was the whole reason for playing them before India.

The lad made 31. Not a bad start. Good to see Joe Root back to form. It's been an excellent start for England. 311 for 4 with Moeen 99 not out.

Did you see the Root dismissal, Al? I'd have considered myself very fortunate if I was Yadav.

Still, great recovery from 102 / 3

Did you see the Root dismissal, Al? I'd have considered myself very fortunate if I was Yadav.

I didn't think Root should have been given out either. If I understand the rules correctly, the catcher has to be in control of the ball on disposal, which he clearly wasn't.

Joe Root = top cricketer. One of the best I have ever seen playing for England.

When playing in the Palace Shield, I was caught on the boundary. The player threw the ball up all in one motion and the ball flew backwards over the fence for 6! Amusingly the umprie ruled the catch had not been properly taken and I survived going on to make 70+.

One another occasion I turned to pull a short ball and twatted forward short leg right between his eyes. I caught it sweet, it had four written all over it and I hoestly thought I had killed the guy. The ball ricocheted off his head and their lot tried to catch it. The mush fell bakwaqrds cartoon like. He thankfully re-appeared from hopsital dee into their innings later in the day with a teniis ball sized welt on his forehead.

Go on Ali. Always getting us out of jail with bat and ball.

• Like 1

India got to 60 odd for none without much problem. The game is going nowhere at present, looks like England need to go all guns blazing in the morning, and hope to catch the Indians napping, and hope the pitch starts to change on days 4 and 5. On a positive note, it would be difficult for England to lose from the current situation.

I've only seen the morning sessions before have to go to work and highlights. But it seems like it's an ipl pitch. Considering the fact we can't play spin generally and our recent woes in Bangladesh I think the Indian cricket board have been crazy not to insist on spinning pitches.

Still all the better for us because barring a total capitulation a probable loss has turned into a probable draw

The pitches in Bangladesh was spinning pitches from day 1 ball 1

The pitch in India is turning but it not quick turn, its slow turn.

India wont reach England total to probably lunch on day 4. Their batsman are playing sensible and not taking many risks at all.

Edited by chaddyrovers

Whilst England are taking a well earned rest after today's efforts , I wondered what cricket aficionados on brfcs feel about the expansion of the Lancashire League and the addition of Darwen, Clitheroe and Great Harwood to the established 14 .

Personally I think it'll add a bit more interest to the League and the new derbies such as Rishton v Great Harwood and Darwen v East Lancs are quite mouth watering !

• Like 1

Whilst England are taking a well earned rest after today's efforts , I wondered what cricket aficionados on brfcs feel about the expansion of the Lancashire League and the addition of Darwen, Clitheroe and Great Harwood to the established 14 .

Personally I think it'll add a bit more interest to the League and the new derbies such as Rishton v Great Harwood and Darwen v East Lancs are quite mouth watering !

You chatting with yourself OOT? ;)

218 behind at close of play with 4 wickets down. Draw written all over this match.

I've been hoping that Darwen would join the Lancashire League for many years now. Look forward to the East Lancs v Darwen games