BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Alviro petersen has been charged with six counts of match-fixing. All in South Africa by the look of things. That's him and hameed Lancs have lost today! They need to pull their finger out more than ever and buy some players.

Barely a player for next season. At this rate I'll have to dig the bat out of the garage.

Could Cook have been a bit more positive setting up the declaration? Twenty or so more overs for the bowlers to play with...

I think he got it just right Matty, but you're right with another 20 or so overs we'd have probably won...

At the start of play having 50 overs at them was widely seen as the wisest move.

Great test, sets the rest of the tour up nicely.

• Like 1

Could Cook have been a bit more positive setting up the declaration? Twenty or so more overs for the bowlers to play with...

Perhaps he could have been a bit more positive but I'm sure he consulted Bayliss and Farbrace on the declaration . The pitch started to disintegrate as the 5th day progressed but if it hadn't, then India had more than enough good batsman to pull off an unlikely win with a smaller target and more overs. I thought he got the declaration just right and if England had got Kohli early on, they'd have probably won. After what happened in Bangladesh it was important England didn't lose the first test of the series.

I think the tour and the challenges ahead will get harder , but our spinners out bowled theirs and we have found a diamond in Hameed ( shame for Lancs but we have to accept that the whole point behind county cricket is to produce players for England) , so I'm pretty optimistic we can be competitive.

Cook never sets a positive declaration, he's pretty negative as a captain. Had India had a bit more time, and a few less runs they may have been more attacking, creating more opportunities too. Instead we really gave the Indians and our bowlers a pretty unachievable target.

We were always going to be up against it after losing the toss - though we made a good start and the run-out chance and dropped catch certainly didn't help.

Nice to see the Burnley lad has still got it at least - 3 for 44 - pretty decent figures on his return.

We were always going to be up against it after losing the toss - though we made a good start and the run-out chance and dropped catch certainly didn't help.

Nice to see the Burnley lad has still got it at least - 3 for 44 - pretty decent figures on his return.

Yep the Burnley lad who supports Arsenal - top man.

Stokes and Bairstow to put on 200 ? They've done it before :D

Edited by onlyonetugay

Board ? Funny how you picked al up for getting a name wrong , ain't it .

The wicket is slow and low.

Not an ideal wicket for test match cricket tho.

England openers have not taken a risk all inning from what Ive watched.

Board and Rashid bowled very well tho this mornimg. Rashid look like he has come off age now and become 1st choice spinner

• Like 1

There was archive footage of England vs saffas from 1995 at Johannesburg on earlier where Atherton batted all day to save the match and get England the draw. Something of that magnitude is needed tomorrow. But on a spinning pitch vs Ashwin I can't see it.

It's funny looking back at international cricket in the 90s. Away draws really felt like wins in those days. Shows how far we've come really.