BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Both Vilas and McLaren are South African so kolpak players so technically chiv is the overseas player. 

Davies is the keeper and a Darwen lad. Livi looks a very decent one day player but both young and early days. He holds some sort of local league 50 over record for a 350.  Although he had an iffy T20 debut other day dropping one and then unremarkable with the bat attempting and missing far too many ramp shots. 

Re Hameed it's a head scratcher. In the county championship alone his scores have been 38* 18 10 9 0 7 0 0 45 47. So an average of 19 which isn't great. Plus he wasn't exactly breaking pots in the RL cup either.  

Don't watch a great deal of live county championship with work but I've seen most of his wickets on those replay things on twitter/website and in a lot of dismissals he's caught flashing at balls. He rarely seemed to get out like that last season. So I just wonder whether someone from lancs or more likely England got into his ear and said you need to score quicker. In which case may have forced him into a style he's neither comfortable with or capable of playing. Just a theory but it's not unprecedented just like when the England setup tried to change Jimmy's action leading to his wilderness years. 

I dont see any county cricket due to work. 

Hameed needs to play natural game and maybe he got in his head he needs to be attacking. Maybe playing one day/20twenty cricket wont help him

I dont think Trevor Bayliss would look to change his game at all. Doesnt seem his way. 

Felt a bit sorry for Liam Livingstone yesterday, he was trying to help the team move the score on, but a couple of failures with so many big hitters knocking on the door won't have done him much good England wise.

Anyway, role on the Test series!

I know Ballance has flopped in his most recent stint for England, in his last 10 matches he's averaged 20 ish compared to his first 10 games averaging 60 ish. But in the county championship this season he's been an absolute beast averaging 101. Second only to the awesome Sangakkara who's got nearly 1100 runs already.

Hameed couldn't have been picked. It's even questionable whether Lancashire should pick him on current form. I'm sure he'll come good again but for the time being he's well down the pecking order. I think the man who should feel the most aggrieved is Stoneman. Averages 60 in cc, his a 144* yesterday in rl cup final. Very much in form. 

Have you ever seen Westley played? Only know he scored a century for the England lions yesterday

I watched Hales and Stoneman played excellent and neither deserved to lose but Hales's batting show how mature he has become and improve his game so far. Some of the shots were awesome

Incredible performance from Hales yesterday.  Just heard reports via the radio and one of the last ones I heard was something like Notts were 120odd - 4 of which Hales was just short of his century.  Last I heard they were 150-5 chasing nearly 300.  Up with the run rate but out of it I thought.  Had a look late evening and saw Notts had won by 4 wickets with a couple of overs to spare, Hales finished180odd n.o. .  Surrey must have been pig sick : third final on the trot they've lost I think.

20 minutes ago, den said:

Jennings just walked without reviewing after being given out LBW, to a ball that pitched outside leg and was missing the wickets. Aargh, you can't give the opposition those.

Ballance has to accept some responsibility for that one as well Den

• Like 1

He's far too happy, likeable and good to be from Yarkshire. Fake news.

Took his own £1 coin to the toss, as he wasn't sure of the protocol, and didn't want to be seen as a traditional Yarkshire tight-arse if he was asked and didn't have a coin.

Awful review by Broad, miles over the stumps.

Root is going to have to get to grips with Broads selfish nature very quickly in regards to reviews on both bowling and batting.

Very disappointing to surrender so easy, far to many players just gave away their wickets, Root has an uphill struggle here.

Far to many captains on that pitch in England colors, we need one captain and the rest offering advice but not running the team. 

Edited by Gav

England have missed a top class 'blocker' In the top order since Trott. We have plenty of very talented shot makers,but no one really with the resilience to occupy an end without scoring against top quality bowlers for hours on end.

The balance of the side is off for me, very cautious at 1, 2 ,3 and then the whole middle order just want to whack it, asking for trouble when we are constantly 2/3 down without much on the board.

I'd put Root back at 3, and put a Ballance type in at 4 or 5.