BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Vilas appointed Lancashire captain for next season. 

My view is Shocking appointment. Another yes man. Typical of Allott and Chapple. Jobs for life. No accountability or management skills. How they remain in their jobs I simply do not know. Club is leadershipless and nose diving asap. Need a new director of cricket and head coach was needed instead same stuff different day

• Like 1

Some things in life should be protected, not everything should prostituted out to the highest bidder.

Cricket should be on BBC radio, not talksh1te (sky). 

TMS is a national treasure and should be treated as such.

• Like 4

2 pretty decent test matches where England have looked 'on the rocks' at times and have come back well.

One wonders when England inevitably pick just 1 spinner for future tests, who will that be?

Presuming there are no injuries - Rashid would definitely be out first. So currently it would be between Leach and Ali.

Leach has bowled better in Sri Lanka. Ali is generally expensive by test match standards.

Ali has also failed with the bat - so unless he finds form I don't think he can 'play as a batsmen that can bowl'.

On 14/11/2018 at 15:16, Gav said:

Some things in life should be protected, not everything should prostituted out to the highest bidder.

Cricket should be on BBC radio, not talksh1te (sky). 

TMS is a national treasure and should be treated as such.

Thankfully TMS still produce the best cricket Podcasts with speakers who know their stuff.

• Like 1

On 18/11/2018 at 11:53, matt83 said:

Easy enough in the end. Series win. Time for home. Looking forward to the cold. 

You must have had a great trip. 

Did you get mixed up in the hotel debacle? 

I heard Anderson on Tailenders podcast slagging off the hotel used by England in Kandy.  He refused to name it. This was a day or more before the match started so not sure if he meant the hotel England moved from or to.

I live in a hot place but amazed at the England fans sunbathing for hours,  not my idea of fun. I would be in the shade, watching the cricket with beer in hand, lol. 

On 20/11/2018 at 06:07, AllRoverAsia said:

You must have had a great trip. 

Did you get mixed up in the hotel debacle? 

I heard Anderson on Tailenders podcast slagging off the hotel used by England in Kandy.  He refused to name it. This was a day or more before the match started so not sure if he meant the hotel England moved from or to.

I live in a hot place but amazed at the England fans sunbathing for hours,  not my idea of fun. I would be in the shade, watching the cricket with beer in hand, lol. 

Seeing England win even a match away is always a treat and a series win, being as rare as hen’s teeth, is even better. We’ve been very fortunate to have seen our fair share of wins on foreign soil now in fact never seen England lose. 

Didn’t hear about any hotel debacle. We stayed somewhere called the grand Kandyan which purported to be a 5 star and there can’t have been many other decent hotels in Kandy so maybe they were there or moved there.

The sun and heat was pretty brutal there. Maybe because in other places like the West Indies and oz there’s a breeze defo not in Kandy. That said it’s a bit of a tradition for the buffoons section of England fans to park ourselves in the full force of the sun. Perhaps something in Noel cowards quote that only mad dogs and Englishmen stay out in the midday sun. You definitely question the logic when you see the locals sensibly hiding away in the shade...

9 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Fortunately I did not wake up in time to watch the T20 final so dodged a bullet.

I dodged a cannonball (by not being able to get a ticket for Dump-dale).

The all round England performance was diabolical - and I include the coaches and all the other staff in that - who having won the toss then decided to bat first and suffered the known evening dew - making gripping the ball difficult when bowling second. But ultimately Australia are a much better team and had they not been an absolute joke in the field, shelling loads of catches and missing easy run out chances they could have made it even more embarrassing for England.

Overall the standard of fielding and catching in women's cricket is terrible and certainly gives justification to now banned/offensive to the snowflake brigade comments like (*TRIGGER WARNING) 'throw like a girl' etc. ? Rather similarly in women's football it seems to be the goalkeepers that are routinely worse than amateurish. I don't know what it is with women - but it appears they have some issues with balls. ?

The standard of umpiring was also generally poor. The worst one was when an England top order player was given out lbw even though she inside edged it onto pad - it was immediately reviewed by the (*no TRIGGER WARNING) batswoman yet the DRS umpire rushed through the decision and gave her out when it was shown that there were 2 noises bat then pad on the 'snicko'.  It was made to look even more amateurish by the fact that in the Sri Lanka v England game, walking wicket Ali was reprieved in almost exactly the same way by DRS less than 24 hours previous on the very same SkySports channel.

Back to the men. It's looking like a 3-0 now. Again the on-field umpiring is bad enough there, but at least DRS does it's job.

Edited by Husky

• 2 weeks later...

Glenn is past his best in the 1 day formats. He's been hit and miss for a few years. 

I was watching Australia Vs India last night, and both teams could not bat. The bowlers were strangling the runs in both innings, with only Pujara emulating Rahul Dravid with his century. Without Smith and Warner Australia are very brittle, and Indian batsmen can't cope with real pace on an Aussie pitch. So many were out waving the bat about and edging it to the slips and gully region.

On 19/11/2018 at 17:24, oldjamfan1 said:

Another great test match - this time in Abu Dhabi. Amazing win for NZ!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/46262239

The Black caps have their first series win  over Pakistan in almost 50 years. I thought they might get beat 3-0.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sport/cricket-new-zealand-win-first-away-test-series-over-pakistan-in-11011418

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've been expecting waking up to 'India win series for first time...' for days now. But the Oz seem to keep hanging in there.... Will the weather save them from home humiliation? 1 day to bat out a draw .  . . I don't fancy them much if there are more than 2 sessions of play.