BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Seems the broadcasting rights for the India test are up in the air. With a 3 way fight between channel 4, sky and BT. I’d be happy for anyone other than BT but I do think all England football and cricket games should be shown on terrestrial TV.

If channel 4 gets it will be the first series since 2005 ashes and the first away tour. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Seems the broadcasting rights for the India test are up in the air. With a 3 way fight between channel 4, sky and BT. I’d be happy for anyone other than BT but I do think all England football and cricket games should be shown on terrestrial TV.

If channel 4 gets it will be the first series since 2005 ashes and the first away tour. 

Channel 4 made a great job of covering the 2005 series. For a month or two it became the talking point of the nation.

• Like 2

The Grand Final Of The Big Bash competition will be held this Saturday at the Sydney Cricket Ground. The two finalists are the Sydney Sixers and the Perth Scorchers. It’s been a fascinating series over the past few weeks with plenty of overseas players mixed in with the Aussies. 

I always back the Melbourne Stars, my son lives there, but they faded badly after a promising start. I will be backing the Scorchers, purely because they have Lancashire’s Liam Livingstone playing for them. He is also a Rovers supporter as stated live during one of the games.

The match starts at 8-40am, our time, this Saturday morning on BT Sports. Well worth a watch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I think Ashwin over does the 'fake' bowl, Its a bit irritating.

Root is just CLASS.

Just about to take a break from the Test and watch the T20 Big Bash Final.

What a great day, all this top cricket and Rovers yet to come.

Not to mention the small matter of the Calcutta Cup.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

Can't understand why England are batting on. Surely they should bowl a few overs at the end of 2 exhausting and demoralising days for the Indians?

I can 47er.

The pitch is expected to deteriorate significantly, England would love to only have to bat once on this pitch, set a massive score to win the game, doesn't look likely now to be honest unless India capitulate. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gav said:

I can 47er.

The pitch is expected to deteriorate significantly, England would love to only have to bat once on this pitch, set a massive score to win the game, doesn't look likely now to be honest unless India capitulate. 

Well that's the point, we've lost wickets. tail-enders in and not scoring. Seems a waste of time to me.

We still have to get them out twice. Remember Australia trying and failing?

A lot of talent in this Indian batting line-up. And character.

Edited by 47er

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

Hope the fridge is full of cold Thai beer Asia 👍

On the wagon.

Age and previous over enjoyment of the amber nectar have finally caught up with me.

Its a blessing really. Sobriety is surprisingly pleasant and means I will make it through to watch the Calcutta Cup.

Liam just departed but a decent knock by him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

On the wagon.

Age and previous over enjoyment of the amber nectar have finally caught up with me.

Its a blessing really. Sobriety is surprisingly pleasant and means I will make it through to watch the Calcutta Cup.

Liam just departed but a decent knock by him.

Me too. I've loved a beer most of my life but I gave it up last birthday and it'll be twelve months in March since I last had a drink. The pubs being shut most of that time has helped but I can honestly say I haven't missed alcohol. All this about " You'll feel great once you give up " is a myth though.

• Like 1

Good win by the Sydney Sixers. Perth won the toss and really should have batted first. They also missed having Roy playing and although Bancroft and Livingstone had ok knocks, it was always going to be difficult trying to score over nine an over throughout. For the Sixers,  James Vince hit a superb 95 and took a tremendous diving catch when fielding.

Overall, a good game and tournament throughout. Now it’s back to the Test and hope we can bowl as well as we’ve batted.