BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

When we used to go to Ewood.........one of our lot is a retired engineer and it doesn't matter if we're 0-4 down with 5 minutes go, he'd always be telling us we can come back.

This predicament puts me in mind of Dennis, all is not lost, we can still salvage this, come on England 👍

11 hours ago, den said:

2 hrs in and were looking at going 2-1 down. 

can’t see how we can compete on these wickets.

I don't see how anyone can! Verges on match-fixing. dust flying round when the batsman moves his feet----in the first session of the first day!

• Like 1

In fairness, it wasn’t as unplayable as the second test, we were in decent shape at 74-2.

Alas too many of our players just don’t have the technique in playing spin - which is no surprise as most of the Championship season these days is played outside of high summer when pitches take turn, and clubs that do prepare pitches that spin - Somerset, for example, get fined for doing so!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, 47er said:

I don't see how anyone can! Verges on match-fixing. dust flying round when the batsman moves his feet----in the first session of the first day!

It's an 'arranged' wicket, pure and simple.

Not an unusual occurrence in cricket anywhere but I must say India are particularly good at it. 

Doesn't explain us going with one main spinner.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

It spoils the watching of Test cricket when pitches are this pre-arranged.

I know early Day 2 who will win this one.

I also fully appreciate that we struggle to handle any spin above average stuff.

We also do not play our strongest side and due to Covid knock on effects hardly ever these days.

33 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It spoils the watching of Test cricket when pitches are this pre-arranged.

I know early Day 2 who will win this one.

I also fully appreciate that we struggle to handle any spin above average stuff.

We also do not play our strongest side and due to Covid knock on effects hardly ever these days.

Ideal world, pitches should offer a bit for the seam bowlers throughout, good for batsman once they are through the new ball and should spin days 4 and 5... obviously with regional variations, more spin in Asia, more swing and seam in England, for example.

Spinning like this so early is taking the piss slightly, but I still prefer it the old feather bed Asian pitches were 550/4 declared was followed by 500 and the inevitable draw.

Edited by Mattyblue

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Ideal world, pitches should offer a bit for the seam bowlers throughout, good for batsman once they are through the new ball and should spin days 4 and 5... obviously with regional variations, more spin in Asia, more swing and seam in England, for example.

Spinning like this so early is taking the piss slightly, but I still prefer it the old feather bed Asian pitches were 550/4 declared was followed by 500 and the inevitable draw.

You make a good point about the predictable and boring 5 day draws of days gone bye.

Now it's a done job usually within 4 or even 3

20 hours ago, Gav said:

When we used to go to Ewood.........one of our lot is a retired engineer and it doesn't matter if we're 0-4 down with 5 minutes go, he'd always be telling us we can come back.

This predicament puts me in mind of Dennis, all is not lost, we can still salvage this, come on England 👍

Good old Dennis 👍

We could well win this now, especially with India batting last.