BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5 hours ago, only2garners said:

There has been a sickness outbreak in the England camp. It's not clear who has been affected and whether anyone will be ruled out of tomorrow's game but I guess that's quite possible.

I’m surprised it’s taken the sickness so long to kick in. I lost a stone and a half in weight in 4 weeks when I worked there.

Can't see any role for Bairstow in Test Cricket. The only place for him is as keeper and batting at 6 and England have obviously decided we have a better keeper than him

On these pitches facing spinners he's out of his depth as a batsman, its sad to watch him.

• Like 1

Extremely poor from England today, that pitch wasn't a mine field, it played like a normal track for most of the day.

What was Zak Crawley doing dancing down the wicket? It set the tone, very poor indeed.

India bat deep, they could get 400+ on this wicket and put this game to bed over the next 2 days.

21 minutes ago, Gav said:

Extremely poor from England today, that pitch wasn't a mine field, it played like a normal track for most of the day.

What was Zak Crawley doing dancing down the wicket? It set the tone, very poor indeed.

India bat deep, they could get 400+ on this wicket and put this game to bed over the next 2 days.

Then we get 400 in our second innings and bowl India out for 204 on a fiercely turning wicket on day 5, to draw the series 2-2.

Easy Gav.

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Can't see any role for Bairstow in Test Cricket. The only place for him is as keeper and batting at 6 and England have obviously decided we have a better keeper than him

On these pitches facing spinners he's out of his depth as a batsman, its sad to watch him.

He’s been brought back in to the side after missing out on a Test match central contract because he’s seen as one of our best players of spin.. which is a worry in itself!

Though I imagine that’s that for him as a Test player after this, Buttler will be back as wicketkeeper and they will want to focus on Crawley/Pope/Lawrence as up and coming batsmen.

54 minutes ago, den said:

Then we get 400 in our second innings and bowl India out for 204 on a fiercely turning wicket on day 5, to draw the series 2-2.

Easy Gav.

Thats the spirit den 👍

I said the same during the last game and we put ourselves in a position to win, so fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, Gav said:

I said the same during the last game and we put ourselves in a position to win, so fingers crossed.

At what point in the 3rd Test did we "put ourselves in a position to win"? Reminder: we were bowled out for 112 and 81.

Just seen the "highlights". By all accounts it's a good pitch so India's batsmen will be disappointed not to make 350. Can we make 140 to avoid an innings defeat? Unlikely

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

At what point in the 3rd Test did we "put ourselves in a position to win"? Reminder: we were bowled out for 112 and 81.

Just seen the "highlights". By all accounts it's a good pitch so India's batsmen will be disappointed not to make 350. Can we make 140 to avoid an innings defeat? Unlikely

It was doom and gloom after we got skittled over for 112 Jim, but we managed to repay the complement and had them struggling on 117-6 then 125 for 8, who would have though that?

At that point we had a chance of winning the game after our awful batting display, but it wasn't to be and we'll got nothing out of this game now.

The Ashes coming up in November/December.......

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

It was doom and gloom after we got skittled over for 112 Jim, but we managed to repay the complement and had them struggling on 117-6 then 125 for 8, who would have though that?

At that point we had a chance of winning the game after our awful batting display, but it wasn't to be and we'll got nothing out of this game now.

The Ashes coming up in November/December.......

Even though India struggled, with our batting I never thought at any point we'd win that Test. 81 all out in the 2nd innings proved it. Unless Root or Stokes make big scores in the 2nd innings we're heading the same way in this Test. 

• Like 1

Another depressing outing - odd selection - moeen would have allowed a more balanced attack with stone as extra seamer- sibley has become the new undropable - totally worked out at this level - we can't blame the track this time

I’m not a fan of the umpire’s call decisions in cricket. If the ball is seen to be hitting the stumps then the batsman is out. The umpires have a difficult enough job to try and decide if the ball is going on to hit the wicket and mistakes will be made. However, the bowler should not be denied taking a wicket if the ball hits anywhere on the stumps/bails unless, of course, the ball is seen to be outside of the line. 

Back at the match, it looks like India are taking control with Pant charging along to a century, currently 94. Stokes is out on his feet and Jimmy is beginning to be knocked all round the ground in the 40C+ heat. 

• Like 1

This series hasn’t been boring has it 😊.

England have consistently got team selection wrong. The Bowlers given far too much work to do in 40 degrees heat in this test.  Bess has played himself out of test cricket for quite some time as well. 

All in all, truly hammered by a far better team in this series. Yet we still have a (tiny) chance of drawing it. Work that one out.

8 minutes ago, den said:

This series hasn’t been boring has it 😊.

England have consistently got team selection wrong. The Bowlers given far too much work to do in 40 degrees heat in this test.  Bess has played himself out of test cricket for quite some time as well. 

All in all, truly hammered by a far better team in this series. Yet we still have a (tiny) chance of drawing it. Work that one out.

It'll be all over by tea tomorrow, if not sooner !

• Like 2

These lads just want the flight home. Once again England showing a complete lack of ability to play spin. Although that from sibley was unlucky. 😂

There's a stat about axar and Bess and full tosses this series 1 vs 30 ish for half the deliveries. Yesterday watched him bowl 5 overs of filth and thought would rather work. 

• Like 2