I get the rotation due to bubbles, quarantines and the like, poor Chris Woakes had been in bio secure bubbles in South Africa, Sri Lanka and India since December and hadn’t played a single match of any format!

But resting players so they can play IPL? Those that pay the piper call the tune, I suppose, but then you can wave goodbye to winning Test series in India when you have players, with no games under their belt, flying in and out and then chucked in to the side against a top team and expecting them to immediately perform on bloody tough pitches.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Course we do!  Only country ever to win a football, rugby union and cricket World Cup. We are an elite nation in loads of women’s sports. We are only usually only behind giants like USA

I'm glad I stayed up for that, almost went to bed an hour and a half or so ago. 3.15 am here

My tuppence worth on the Botham argument. He won cricket matches single handedly, often against the odds against our greatest rival, just when we needed him. He would feature in most people’s greatest

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Gav said:

4th Test starts in the early hours of Thursday morning from Ahmedabad, coverage from 3.50am.....

England need a win to draw the series.

That's 10.50 am here which is just about perfect.

It's a shame it will only be for 2 or 3 days.

England will need one player to play an extraordinary innings - like Root's in the first Test - to break the bunker mentality and mindset.

I think defeat is inevitable. Which is more depressing at the moment - England cricket, England rugby or Rovers? 

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

England will need one player to play an extraordinary innings - like Root's in the first Test - to break the bunker mentality and mindset.

I think defeat is inevitable. Which is more depressing at the moment - England cricket, England rugby or Rovers? 

Hard one to call Jim. There are days when I wish I'd never got interested in sport as a lad. My drinking chum is blissfully unaware of anything sporting at all.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
46 minutes ago, only2garners said:

There has been a sickness outbreak in the England camp. It's not clear who has been affected and whether anyone will be ruled out of tomorrow's game but I guess that's quite possible.

It's not as bad as the sickness outbreak on this board. We're all sick  !