BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

12 minutes ago, gumboots said:

We looked at the T20 squad last night deprived of Livingstone, Parkinson and Mahmood, who had all been excellent in previous games, and worried, but the team absolutely thumped Northants to move Lancs up the table to 4th. The victory was even more emphatic than the scoreline might suggest. Nice to see James Anderson there watching too

Watched it on YouTube Gumboots.

Josh Buttler missing as well Gumboots, although he hasn't really performed in the games he did play this season.

Lending Mahmood and Parkinson to England worked well the other day as they virtually won the game by themselves with 6 wickets.

I was there - I have a Blast season ticket, and it was every bit as comprehensive as it sounds. They might need to win their last two home games next weekend to qualify though.

The Government needs to get its finger out and decide whether Lancs can increase their crowd from 25% for the Roses game next Saturday - still no decision. As a ST holder I'm alright although I have had to book a new seat in case the crowd limit remains. There are presumably thousands who still have no idea whether they can go or not.

It seems bizarre that there can be 31,000 at Lords today and 65,000 at Wembley tomorrow and yet they can't decide whether a few more can be let into Old Trafford.

• Like 3

On 07/07/2021 at 18:53, den said:

I miss the days of Truman and Statham playing front of a 30,000 Old Trafford crowd. County cricket has gone the way of the FA cup. A real shame.

You've reminded me of a great early 1960's win over Yorkshire at Old Trafford. I was a thirteen year old schoolboy at the time and I went with 2 school mates for the last day. It was a very tight contest and either side could win it.

It went right down to the last over which was to be bowled by none other than Freddie Truman, scores were very close and after 5 balls scores were level! Trumen threw everything at it but beat both batsman and keeper and it went through for 4 byes! Cue hysterical celebrations!

A huge crowd, a sunny day, a fantastic win---what more could you want?!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

Josh Buttler missing as well Gumboots, although he hasn't really performed in the games he did play this season.

Lending Mahmood and Parkinson to England worked well the other day as they virtually won the game by themselves with 6 wickets.

I was there - I have a Blast season ticket, and it was every bit as comprehensive as it sounds. They might need to win their last two home games next weekend to qualify though.

The Government needs to get its finger out and decide whether Lancs can increase their crowd from 25% for the Roses game next Saturday - still no decision. As a ST holder I'm alright although I have had to book a new seat in case the crowd limit remains. There are presumably thousands who still have no idea whether they can go or not.

It seems bizarre that there can be 31,000 at Lords today and 65,000 at Wembley tomorrow and yet they can't decide whether a few more can be let into Old Trafford.

Yes, we have season tickets too so will be ok but I've had to print some tickets twice because they'd anticipated being able to have larger crowds and then had to reallocate seats

1 hour ago, 47er said:

You've reminded me of a great early 1960's win over Yorkshire at Old Trafford. I was a thirteen year old schoolboy at the time and I went with 2 school mates for the last day. It was a very tight contest and either side could win it.

It went right down to the last over which was to be bowled by none other than Freddie Truman, scores were very close and after 5 balls scores were level! Trumen threw everything at it but beat both batsman and keeper and it went through for 4 byes! Cue hysterical celebrations!

A huge crowd, a sunny day, a fantastic win---what more could you want?!!

If you were me, a win for Yorkshire! 😆 I watch and support Lancs against anyone else but when it comes down to Roses mine has been white since birth. 

A fantastic win for England to pull a group of players out of county cricket, get them together and then within a matter of days win a ODI series against Pakistan, it is a testament to the strength of county cricket. The ECB and a lots of the media like to deride County Cricket and blame all England's woes on it but it is a wonderful product that is just greatly undersold and underappreciated by those in power. English cricket would be in a much better place now if the ECB had spent just half of what they are spending on this ridiculous 'Hundred' competition on County Cricket.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 3

I’ve been impressed by Saqib for quite some time. Pace, control and movement. He could make the test squad as well as the one day squad.

Unfortunately I can’t see the same for Parky - as much as he’s loved by the lancy fans. He’s a bit of a sitting duck for the better batsmen that choose to go after him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, den said:

I’ve been impressed by Saqib for quite some time. Pace, control and movement. He could make the test squad as well as the one day squad.

Unfortunately I can’t see the same for Parky - as much as he’s loved by the lancy fans. He’s a bit of a sitting duck for the better batsmen that choose to go after him.

I'm not a Lancs fan but I think there is a lot to like about Parkinson, leg spin is a difficult thing to bowl and at 24 he is still very much learning his art but whenever I see him play I'm always impressed with his control and temperament. Also he is not afraid to toss the ball up.

Edited by Ewood Ace

It was good to be at Lord's today, in a big cricket crowd for the first time in 2 years

The Covid rules didn't make sense though - everyone told to wear masks when walking round the ground and going to the loo, but no restrictions crammed into the narrow seats and sitting next to strangers

Pakistan were poor for the 2nd game in a row (is that their best side?) against England's makeshift team

Enjoyed watching Vince, who still looks a class batsman but did his usual trick of giving his wicket away when well set. Stokes played a dreadful shot, as did Salt.

Pick of the bowlers for me was Overton, who has a beautiful action to watch from side on. Any decent club player would fancy taking on Parkinson; I assume they pick him because leg spinners are so rare in this country

A big raspberry to the Lord's authorities who delayed the start by 90 minutes when it wasn't really raining at all. Frustrating for the spectators and totally unnecessary

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

The Covid rules didn't make sense though - everyone told to wear masks when walking round the ground and going to the loo, but no restrictions crammed into the narrow seats and sitting next to strangers

Yeah it’s the same at Old Trafford want you to wear masks roaming the outside but don’t have to sat in your seat with people getting past each other on the row nose to nose. More farcically at ot they keep the couple of seats free next to the aisle to avoid contact with people on the stairs but still potentially sat right next to someone. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I hope this is ok mods? If not please remove, no problem.

Can I just add that if you can, please donate to the Bob Willis prostate cancer research fund.

Today’s game was dedicated to Bob and the fund, 1 man dies of this disease ever 45mins.

https://bobwillisfund.org/

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

After yesterday's incident at Headingley the Roses match has been abandoned as a draw. It was always going to end as a draw anyway but both sides have been deprived of a chance to pick up a few more bonus points to take into the next stage. 

So Lancs get 11 points and Yorks 3. I think that will mean that Lancs start stage 2 with 16.5 points and Yorkshire 5.

18 minutes ago, only2garners said:

After yesterday's incident at Headingley the Roses match has been abandoned as a draw. It was always going to end as a draw anyway but both sides have been deprived of a chance to pick up a few more bonus points to take into the next stage. 

So Lancs get 11 points and Yorks 3. I think that will mean that Lancs start stage 2 with 16.5 points and Yorkshire 5.

Lancs 11 points, yorks 8 points I believe.

8 points for getting hammered for two days then having the game abandoned because your pitch wasn’t up to scratch?

Surely yorks should be docked points?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gav said:

I hope this is ok mods? If not please remove, no problem.

Can I just add that if you can, please donate to the Bob Willis prostate cancer research fund.

Today’s game was dedicated to Bob and the fund, 1 man dies of this disease ever 45mins.

https://bobwillisfund.org/

I already contribute Gav. Prompt treatment saved my life, least ways I hope it has.

Any man over 40 not had the test, get it done, it may save your life.

5 hours ago, den said:

Lancs 11 points, yorks 8 points I believe.

8 points for getting hammered for two days then having the game abandoned because your pitch wasn’t up to scratch?

Surely yorks should be docked points?

The 'carry forward' points are Lancs 16.5 and Yorks 4.5 I believe.  

So in a way Yorks have been punished as they have deprived themselves of improving their points carry forward, as well as reducing ours.

Lancs in a healthy position going into the last 4 games.

Edited by oldjamfan1