BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Croft has obviously been watching too much of the Euro's. He should be thoroughly embarrassed with his antics which were certainly against the spirit of the game.

I have to admit, I asked whether it was genuine considering he was at deaths door one minute and running 2 the next. If it had been up to me, I'd have run him out and let the umpires sort it out. Yorkshire started badly with the bat and never got better. Lancs upped their fielding and bowling, and just made it over the line. A good match as I thought, when Lancs started batting, it would be a slaughter.

Would love to see a match between those 2 sides at full strength. 

Edited by gumboots

Just watching that Croft ‘run out’ again. Even having fallen over with they way Yorkshire were fumbling around with the ball without the cramp he could have got up and got in I reckon. That said I’d have ordered the keeper to whip the bails off. I don't want anything from them. Brennan cheated Lancashire before so it’s not beyond them.

On the commentary that prick butcher needed to wind his neck in a bit he might have run him out himself but accusing croft of faking cramp is a bit much. He needs to get his guitar and naff off back to Surrey. 

Edited by matt83

18 minutes ago, matt83 said:

On the commentary that prick butcher needed to wind his neck in a bit he might have run him out himself but accusing croft of faking cramp is a bit much.

He certainly had a Lazarus like recovery.

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well played to Root for saying don't run Croft out cos he picked it an injury. Great use of the spirit of the game 

Weak captaincy from Root, Croft conned him. There was no upholding the spirit of the game from Croft.

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Weak captaincy from Root, Croft conned him. There was no upholding the spirit of the game from Croft.

Well I think the completly different on it. 

Root shown class captaincy and no way did Croft conned him. His knee went with cramp 

Spirit from both sides and I wouldn't expect anymore from the 2 sides

Edited by chaddyrovers

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

His knee went with crap. 

That's a new one on me. 😆

In all seriousness though he takes a risky single hesitates and slips. The way he was rolling around on the pitch was something you expect these days to see on the football pitch but certainly not on a cricket pitch. It was a Lazarus like recovery as one minute he was rolling around as though his leg was falling off and a few minutes latter he was sprinting a 2.

It was typical Root captaincy weak and non confrontational. 

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Telling how Lancs haven’t particularly promoted it. Obviously it’s well and truly an ECB vehicle.

Absolute cultural vandals and they are just lucky that the county game support base isn’t as rabid as club football re the Super League or they’d have cancelled the monstrosity within days.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

That's a new one on me. 😆

In all seriousness though he takes a risky single hesitates and slips. The way he was rolling around on the pitch was something you expect these days to see on the football pitch but certainly not on a cricket pitch. It was a Lazarus like recovery as one minute he was rolling around as though his leg was falling off and a few minutes latter he was sprinting a 2.

It was typical Root captaincy weak and non confrontational. 

well we have to agree to disagree on this. Croft had cramp and slipped and to me its appears to hurt his knee. Root was right to tell his team not to run him in out in the spirit of the game

I think Root captaincy is spot on and right for the England test team. 

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/alex-davies-to-trade-lancashire-for-warwickshire-at-season-s-end-1270250

“Warwickshire are a massive club with a proud tradition of winning," Davies said. "The Bears squad have potential to win trophies and I want to contribute to future success.” Ouch. He’s not wrong though. Over the past couple of decades lancs have been unsuccessful and unambitious to match.

Whichever way look at it I reckon this is one of the biggest kicks in the teeth had for a while. Those quotes must hit hard and so they should. 

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/alex-davies-to-trade-lancashire-for-warwickshire-at-season-s-end-1270250

“Warwickshire are a massive club with a proud tradition of winning," Davies said. "The Bears squad have potential to win trophies and I want to contribute to future success.” Ouch. He’s not wrong though. Over the past couple of decades lancs have been unsuccessful and unambitious to match.

Whichever way look at it I reckon this is one of the biggest kicks in the teeth had for a while. Those quotes must hit hard and so they should. 

Aren’t Lancashire one of, if not THE richest club in England? If so, where are those profits going? 

14 minutes ago, den said:

Aren’t Lancashire one of, if not THE richest club in England? If so, where are those profits going? 

Rihanna in concert won’t be cheap. Half joking aside I really don’t know. In spite of the costs of developing the ground they still proudly announce profits.

Pains me to say it but I look at how Yorkshire do business with a good core of local lads with a quality permanent signing year after year after year. Who have lancs signed Jennings and Buttler in the last 10 years, other than the overseas lads.  Then adding to that activity losing decent players like Davies and Clark (who admittedly isn’t pulling up trees at Surrey), they couldn’t even turn Hameed around in the way notts seem to have done. 

Be interesting to see what happens to the Lancs business model.

A lot has been invested in the corporate side; events, conferences, hotels and the like. Will that previously highly lucrative industry of business facing hospitality ever get back to where it was pre pandemic?

19 hours ago, matt83 said:

Yes a big kick in the teeth for the Club but hasn't Warwickshire and their director of cricket Paul Farbrace promised Alex Davies the wicket keeper gloves, which Lancashire haven't cos Dane Vilas is captain and is the keeper aswell. 

Any idea who is going to replace Paul Allott as director of cricket at the club?

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Be interesting to see what happens to the Lancs business model.

A lot has been invested in the corporate side; events, conferences, hotels and the like. Will that previously highly lucrative industry of business facing hospitality ever get back to where it was pre pandemic?

Given the hotel expansion plans the club have announced and the fact that they're not issuing a bond for members to help it this time suggests that they expect that demand will continue to be strong and that they have access to the money to do the work. Whether they are right os of course another matter.