BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

18 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I reckon we had a chance of winning the Royal London Cup with a full team this year.

Sadly t'Hundred has put paid to that. We can't chase down any reasonable score with the batsmen we have left. 

Look at how many players Yorkshire are missing and have been all season

Excuses, excuses

England's batting has been abysmal for years.

Blaming the prominence of white-ball cricket for England’s continuing miserable failings is nonsense

India is home of the IPL with most of their players in multi-formats but they are the 2nd best Test side in world.

Change needed. Start with the manager

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Excuses, excuses

England's batting has been abysmal for years.

Blaming the prominence of white-ball cricket for England’s continuing miserable failings is nonsense

India is home of the IPL with most of their players in multi-formats but they are the 2nd best Test side in world.

Change needed. Start with the manager

The new regime has only just been appointed Jim, but you're quite right, batting has been poor for a while now, something needs to change.

Have to agree with Jim, of course the schedule of the English season is a right mess - Buttler hasn’t played a first class match since February.

Yet, NZ came over here with very few long format matches under their belts and gave us a lesson in our own conditions. Looks as if India will do the same and they’ve been largely just netting up at Durham for the last six weeks. But they are adaptable cricketers that show you can quickly move across from limited overs to Tests and still thrive with the right attitude in the modern multi format sport.

For England, a lack of Test quality batsmen and poor application is not a good mix.

Edited by Mattyblue

From the BBC

Before India played a county XI as a warm-up for this Test, the last first-class match Rohit Sharma played that wasn't a Test was in November 2015.

The last time Virat Kohli played a non-Test first-class match was in November 2012, nearly nine years ago.

As stated previously, the best players can play across all formats without the need for "match practice"

India currently 45-0

The difference is Rohit's a star in the white ball game but here he is playing like a proper Test batsman

A good club batsman knows which balls to defend and which to attack, but the likes of Jason Roy and other England players only know how to play one way. 

Couple that with some very poor techniques such as Sibley and Lawrence who play across the line in attack and defence and it's little wonder England keep failing

Something needs to change in cricket around rain and weather delays. 

The weather at The Oval has been fine for hours, 6.45pm inspection, outfield unfit, game delayed until 7.45pm, another inspection, ground now fit and start at 8.20pm?

If the grounds fit at 7.45pm get them out at 7.50pm, why does it take so long?

Amateurish, something needs to change.  

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Yorkshire account for Root and Rashid (and occasionally Bairstow, although he shouldn't really) being away - like we do with Anderson and Buttler. 

I'm not making a special case for Yorkshire but there's a lot more than that missing regularly with england t20s and odis included just as there are at Lancs. 

20 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

How to snatch defeat-Exit from the jaws of victory. 

Was it just me that was baffled by Croft bowling that last over at numbers 9 and 10? Surely we had something left that they wouldn't have fancied facing? And then there was the lacklustre way he bowled the next two balls after the first 6. I was livid after that.

PS - England aren't half gonna miss Jimmy when he's retired.......

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Was it just me that was baffled by Croft bowling that last over at numbers 9 and 10? Surely we had something left that they wouldn't have fancied facing? And then there was the lacklustre way he bowled the next two balls after the first 6. I was livid after that.

PS - England aren't half gonna miss Jimmy when he's retired.......

Just about the most inept spell of bowling I've seen.

The only thing missing was a big sign saying 'smack me'. Long hops begging for it.