BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

12 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I couldn’t care less about the Hundred. I don’t even bother to watch it at all and I’m a cricket fan.

It’s a pretty naff format. Even the layout of the scoreboard is strange. It just isn’t in the manner I am accustomed to. 
It might sound pedantic but I don’t watch cricket to be met with lime green and disgusting purple splashed all over the screen. It took me a few minutes to realise what it all meant. 

Cricket should be a more relaxing watch imo. I’m one of a few who prefers the test format to any other kind. It’s a game to be enjoyed throughout the day, and embrace all the difficulties that come with a five day game. One day cricket is exciting and watchable but this obsession with making the game shorter is a bit insulting if anything. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It’s a pretty naff format. Even the layout of the scoreboard is strange. It just isn’t in the manner I am accustomed to. 
It might sound pedantic but I don’t watch cricket to be met with lime green and disgusting purple splashed all over the screen. It took me a few minutes to realise what it all meant. 

Cricket should be a more relaxing watch imo. I’m one of a few who prefers the test format to any other kind. It’s a game to be enjoyed throughout the day, and embrace all the difficulties that come with a five day game. One day cricket is exciting and watchable but this obsession with making the game shorter is a bit insulting if anything. 

Me too, as we’ve seen recently nothing beats Test Match cricket, it’s the highest form of the game.

• Like 2

If this 100 works they could do a version with 20 more deliveries. Then if that takes off they could even think about a 50 overs game. If there’s still interest in that could even play a format that potentially lasts 5 days. Imagine that. 

The ECB are a total shambles. They have managed to compromise every single format of domestic cricket even their ludicrous flagship tournament the 16.4 doesn’t have the elite players now. They gave that a prime slot in the summer months so what’s it been 7 weeks since the last county championship game. Even before this latest junk food answer to fine dining the cc was rendered a spring and autumn format. The RLC was at best a 2nd xi tournament and for Lancs and injuries it became a quasi 3rd xi tournament. The t20 regularly clashes with the national side not least of all the quarter finals and with the ridiculous scheduling at the very least counties with international players will never have their best players available in any format.

Also I think the ecb are prioritising McCricket to such a degree now players, particularly young players, will be enticed to that to the detriment of all proper red ball technique in favour of bat speed and power. My prediction is Livi (who’s very credible first class average was over 40 until recently) will become a victim of this mentality of sacrificing real cricket to pimp himself all over the world playing IPL, big bash and ultimately won’t remember what to do with a red ball.

The Indians seem to be able to turn their hand to both and perhaps that lies in the mentality of wanting to do well in both. Currently I’m not convinced the England set up give a toss about test cricket, not that they’d ever publicly admit that. 

Test Cricket will always be the most popular format of cricket in the UK for years to come. 

Don't watch any of the hundred at all. So can't comment on it. But the ECB need to get the scheduling of all the competitions correct and that include some 4 day county championship matches before and during test series. 

With the next test match at Headingly starting on Wednesday, it will be interesting what the team is from the squad picked. My team would be:- Burns, Hameed, Pope, Root, Bairstow, Buttler, Ali, Curran, Robinson, Anderson, Wood or Mahmood. 

9 hours ago, matt83 said:

My prediction is Livi (who’s very credible first class average was over 40 until recently) will become a victim of this mentality of sacrificing real cricket to pimp himself all over the world playing IPL, big bash and ultimately won’t remember what to do with a red ball.

Well Livingstone has a decision to make on his future and whether he will ever be given a chance at Test Cricket but if not then I see Livingstone playing 20/20 cricket around the world and earning as much as possible for himself in his career 

20 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Anderson with three in the first hour, including Kohli.

Shudder to think where England would be without him and Root at present. 

Its often a good toss to lose on the dark side of the Pennines.

Spot on about Jimmy and Joe.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

When were England last 120-0?

Both batsmen were excellent. I saw Hameed offer one chance but otherwise he and Burns were faultless

Astonishing after the last Test

Didn’t get to see much of England’s innings, but Hameed should have been caught in the slips when he reached his 50. Would love to see him go on and cement that opening slot for himself but he’s got a long way to go yet. 

His test average isn’t bad though so far at 33. 😊

Notts v Hampshire T20 tonight was a fantastic game, just brilliant. 

Somerset v Lancs tomorrow night, what a day of cricket we have in store. 

Edited by Gav