BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

99 runs lead is a good lead in my opinion. 

Pope and Woakes played excellent and its good to see we didn't rely on Root this time. 

Is Buttler's test cricket career over maybe?

Plenty of fight by England to get that lead chaddy, it would have been better at 150, but we'll take it.

Far to many missed catches again, what Burns was doing is beyond me, poor cricket that.

As for Butler, he doesn't deserve a spot in the side, should have been dropped before this test.

Setup nicely for tomorrow, Mrs has booked us into a street food place at 2pm 😕 

But the rip off continues up here. Next Friday and Saturday at OT tickets are a fairly respectable £42. Out of curiosity I looked up hospitality: AE3EB418-55F9-45FD-8399-FDFD6120994E.thumb.png.c4033b778255757f8d0be2fc2c6f4c85.png

If it all sells out then fine. Supply and demand but a few years ago did the captains club one for the saffas. It was about £300 and probably had £100 worth of booze, a feed, a ticket with a nice vantage point and it was still hideously expensive for what it was. That is another level.

I’m not sure why it is on the scorecard and even names on their shirts some of the Indians go by the first names and some go by surnames - now, for example, umesh and bumrah in, first name and surname respectively. Think kholi has virat on his shirt but goes by kholi on the card and sharma goes by rohit on the card.

Would be odd seeing bowling figures for Jimmy and joe batting.   

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

As for lancs when I saw that starting xi I feared it was very light in the bowling department and certainly seems that way with notts 162/2 in a day where there’s some very low scores in the championship. 

Livingstone is missing as he has apparently had a bad reaction to his 2nd Covid jab. i don't know why Parkinson isn't playing - he was in the squad.

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

As for lancs when I saw that starting xi I feared it was very light in the bowling department and certainly seems that way with notts 162/2 in a day where there’s some very low scores in the championship. 

Good fightback by Lancs. 230 for 8

3 minutes ago, lsp82 said:

Good fightback by Lancs. 230 for 8

Yeah. Saqib off injured. If it’s a side strain that’s him out for this game and the rest of the season. Hopefully not. If he is out of the game having started with only 3 bowlers and part timers that’s a worry. 

India are the number 1 test side in the world at the moment in my opinion and after 5 days of enthralling cricket they just came out on top. Some indifferent batting today, some superb bowling by the Indians, we move to Old Trafford to save the series.

Test match cricket at its best for me, the lifeblood of the game, thoroughly enthralling from start to finish. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gav said:

India are the number 1 test side in the world at the moment in my opinion and after 5 days of enthralling cricket they just came out on top. Some indifferent batting today, some superb bowling by the Indians, we move to Old Trafford to save the series.

Test match cricket at its best for me, the lifeblood of the game, thoroughly enthralling from start to finish. 

Yep, but still so frustrating how we completely collapsed from a decent position.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, den said:

Yep, but still so frustrating how we completely collapsed from a decent position.

Yes couldn't agree more den.

I guess the positives are that Burns and Hammed got runs 2nd time around, looked comfortable for long parts and Pope scored an excellent 81 in the first innings, he could be a good un that lad.