BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I'm with TS on this ojf, those Aussie bowlers will rip through our top order in no time, in nick or not.

I hope I'm wrong, I'd have put my house on India beat Pakistan yesterday, so it has been know 😃

We shall see Gav. I know one thing, we are a much, much better team with Stokes in it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

It is indeed. He’s a game changer and if nothing else it should at least be competitive now. 

He being mental right now and he will give the squad and the nation a lift. 

It makes our team much better and better balance to the 11. 

I think the key to winning there is us batting well and openers/top 4 making runs

• Like 1

Quinton De Kock made himself unavailable for today’s game vs West Indies for personal reasons.

Before play today cricket South Africa issued a directive that said all of their players must take the knee before the game, which they did.

To an outsider it looks like racism is still rife in South Africa. I would imagine this episode will reopen old wounds.

I just don’t get what goes on in some peoples brains.

Den - that's because it is

You would not believe the racism in some of the white communities in South Africa. I have been there three times and it's a beautiful country with lots of lovely people of all races. But there is a minority of the white community which still believes they and apartheid should still be in charge.

We were in a game reserve a few years ago having a meal and we could not believe how a white family next to us treated the local black waiting staff. It was the sort of thing you would have been embarrassed to hear in the UK 50 years ago.

10 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Den - that's because it is

You would not believe the racism in some of the white communities in South Africa. I have been there three times and it's a beautiful country with lots of lovely people of all races. But there is a minority of the white community which still believes they and apartheid should still be in charge.

We were in a game reserve a few years ago having a meal and we could not believe how a white family next to us treated the local black waiting staff. It was the sort of thing you would have been embarrassed to hear in the UK 50 years ago.

Yeah I know. 
Relative of mine emigrated there 40 years ago. They came home again after about 20 years - his wife didn’t like it out there.

when I asked him about the racism his view was that the blacks weren’t capable of being educated above where they were. I doubt he was like that before he went out. It must be contagious out there.

In the interests of balance I've met plenty of white South Africans who were not racist at all - indeed there was one who was going out of his way to be supportive os the black waiters in the meal I mentioned above. But there is a significant percentage who don't seem to have realised that apartheid is over.

7 hours ago, Gav said:

Scotland currently 2-3 off 4 balls against Namibia 😂

One or two of my Scots friends were giving it large over them qualifying for the Super 12s (or whatever it’s called). If they get battered by Namibia and Afghanistan I dread to think what the stronger teams will do to them.

Stick to elephant polo is my advice Scotland 😂😂😂

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

One of two of my Scots friends were giving it large over them qualifying for the Super 12s (or whatever it’s called). If they get battered by Namibia and Afghanistan I dread to think what the stronger teams will do to them.

Stick to elephant polo is my advice Scotland 😂😂😂

They actually made a good fist of it in the end, but still lost to the mighty Namibia.

Great to see England absolutely thump the Aussies yesterday. We seem to be strong in every department in this form of the game. I suppose the only negative is that when it comes to it, which it will at some point in the later stages of the tournament, some of our middle order batters haven’t had too much time at the crease.

But definitely one for the ages yesterday.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Great to see England absolutely thump the Aussies yesterday. We seem to be strong in every department in this form of the game. I suppose the only negative is that when it comes to it, which it will at some point in the later stages of the tournament, some of our middle order batters haven’t had too much time at the crease.

But definitely one for the ages yesterday.

Apart from Mills. I know he got 2 wickets but he's a batsman's dream.

Buttler’s knock was a masterclass yesterday. He is probably the best white ball player England have ever had. It’s why he irritates me more than the others in tests. All that talent yet in a test match most of the time he looks like he’s never played before aside from his 1 in 20 innings decent knock which keeps him in the side. Totally different animal in white ball cricket.

That bloke/woman on the tannoy trying to vamp up the crowd after every delivery were very annoying. Couldn’t be doing with get your hands up up up up up up and clap clap clap clap clap clap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Apart from Mills. I know he got 2 wickets but he's a batsman's dream.

I disagree 47er.

He wasn't at his best yesterday, he's had a long string of injures which rules him out of test cricket, but when he's on song he's the fastest bowler we have and if he can get his radar right he's worth his place. 

Great performance yesterday as ojf says, good to see the Aussies on the back foot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I disagree 47er.

He wasn't at his best yesterday, he's had a long string of injures which rules him out of test cricket, but when he's on song he's the fastest bowler we have and if he can get his radar right he's worth his place. 

Great performance yesterday as ojf says, good to see the Aussies on the back foot.

Sorry Gav I have no idea what his best is. Whenever I've seen him its 15 to 20 an over.

When he gets a wicket its usually a catch on the boundary that would have gone for 6.

I think he lulls them into a true sense of security!

29 minutes ago, 47er said:

Sorry Gav I have no idea what his best is. Whenever I've seen him its 15 to 20 an over.

When he gets a wicket its usually a catch on the boundary that would have gone for 6.

I think he lulls them into a true sense of security!

Isn’t he only playing because Wood is injured?

"Before yesterday" is hardly a basis to judge him. In the very next game  he conceded 45 runs at virtually 11 an over! And this was one of the most abysmal Australian batting performances you will ever see. Under the cosh from the first ball till Mills came on.

Have a look at his record in the big 2 T20 tournaments.

In the IPL he played 5 games and conceded at the rate of 8.57 per over.

In the BBL (played for 2 teams)  12 games and conceded 9.15 per over.

In both competitions injury cut short his time in the competitions.

It was never my intention to have a long discussion about Mills, I just don't rate him. So I will leave it there.

Must admit I really fancied India to win the tournament at the start, especially after beating England convincingly in the warm up game. What an absolute shambles, no idea whats happened to them, messing around with the batting order yesterday and practically giving up against New Zealand after the defeat to Pakistan.

England are the best team by a country mile, we should win this easily.