BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

It looks a pudding of a pitch. When Joss Buttler is struggling like this you know it’s gonna be tough for everyone.

I’d take 120 right now.

Edit: Amazingly thanks mainly to Buttler it’s now looking more like 150 or 160 which should be plenty.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

I’ve said it before, but I don’t think there’s a weakness in this England team.

we should make the most of watching these lads. Once this side breaks up it could be a long time before we see their likes again.

Edited by den
  • Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59169535

Its hard to understand what the thinking is in the Headingley corridors of power. Instead of coming out in support of the former player, they’ve closed rank and refused to accept the findings.

Well they’re now suspended from hosting England games until they can prove they’re upholding the standards acceptable.

What a mess.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Its hard to understand what the thinking is in the Headingley corridors of power. Instead of coming out in support of the former player, they’ve closed rank and refused to accept the findings.

Well they’re now suspended from hosting England games until they can prove they’re upholding the standards acceptable.

What a mess.

It bears out the old saying - “ You can always tell a Yorkshireman, but you can’t tell him much “.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gav said:

What a mess.

Have YCCC not made a statement recently?

• Moderation Lead

The whole thing is just an absolute mess. Whatever happened to accountability?

Only Ballance has come out with any sort of apology, it really doesn’t paint Yorkshire CCC in a good light at all.

58 minutes ago, Gav said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59172267

The Yorkshire chairman has now resigned, still blaming others as he walks (ECB).

I'm sure its no coincidence that hitting them in the pocket (Suspending England matches at Headingley) was the straw that broke the camels backs.......

Whilst I don't think Roger Hutton is entirely innocent it does sound like he is not the root cause. He only became chairman 18 months ago well after the event and it sounds like all the non-exec directors have been trying to get the exec directors to take some responsibility and have been stonewalled. It sounds like Martyn Moxon and Mark Arthur are at the core of the problem.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Whilst I don't think Roger Hutton is entirely innocent it does sound like he is not the root cause. He only became chairman 18 months ago well after the event and it sounds like all the non-exec directors have been trying to get the exec directors to take some responsibility and have been stonewalled. It sounds like Martyn Moxon and Mark Arthur are at the core of the problem.

The point I would make is he's the Chairman of Yorkshire CCC, he needed to show strong leadership and he failed to do so. That strong leadership should have started with firing Gary Balance, but its clear the first steps taken where to try and cover it up and just hope it went away.

Yorkshire is an extremely diverse county, much like Lancashire and this will have ramifications for many years to come.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

The point I would make is he's the Chairman of Yorkshire CCC, he needed to show strong leadership and he failed to do so. That strong leadership should have started with firing Gary Balance, but its clear the first steps taken where to try and cover it up and just hope it went away.

Yorkshire is an extremely diverse county, much like Lancashire and this will have ramifications for many years to come.

That's why I said he wasn't entirely innocent Gav. But it sounds like he has tried to hold the club's managers responsible, failed and then resigned.

32 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I see that the BBC have passed a guilty sentence on Michael Vaughan.

I hope he takes his detractors to court.

I believe Vaughan. 

Have they? Or have they just removed him from the topical cricket discussion programme he co-hosts as he has a vested interest in the hottest of those topics that will be discussed this week?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I see that the BBC have passed a guilty sentence on Michael Vaughan.

I hope he takes his detractors to court.

I believe Vaughan. 

How could he present that programme after he's been named in a racism report with everything that's gone on this week?

Really?