BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

10 hours ago, 1874 said:

They have now officially because Yorkshire lost tonight

I might be wrong but I think we had anyway because of the way the fixtures went. But yeah, confirmed now. Despite the fact we will be playing the reserves anything can happen in this format so we can still get to finals day yet.

19 minutes ago, matt83 said:

This is the worst over I’ve ever seen. Think broad has the world record for tests and for t20s now. 

35 in one over - a record in Test cricket history. Short ball rubbish

Mike Hendrick and some of the old school county bowlers who would just stick the ball in the blockhole for ball after ball wouldn't believe it

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its been brilliant cricket so far from both teams. Shame the weather is a problem. 

Jimmy Anderson's bowling has been great to watch. Pant's batting was enjoyment and good to watch. he took the attack to us even tho they were 5 wickets down

How’s your star opener getting on Chaddy?

Who would have thought he’d nick off to slip while attempting a drive eh?

The lad has to be dropped and quickly. 

4 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

How’s your star opener getting on Chaddy?

Who would have thought he’d nick off to slip while attempting a drive eh?

The lad has to be dropped and quickly. 

The ball was there to be drive actually tho I think Kevin Pietersen has made a good point about his and Alex Lees trigger movements. 

I would give him the summer to perform and I wouldn't be making too many knee-jerk reaction 

If you want someone to replace him I would suggest Tom Haines from Sussex

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The ball was there to be drive actually tho I think Kevin Pietersen has made a good point about his and Alex Lees trigger movements. 

I would give him the summer to perform and I wouldn't be making too many knee-jerk reaction 

If you want someone to replace him I would suggest Tom Haines from Sussex

The ball was bowled there deliberately to tempt him into the drive. And once again it worked. How many tests has he failed in now? Hardly a knee jerk reaction. I actually thought his county team mate Ben Compton looked a decent bet as an opener as well. He might be worth a try. 

13 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

The ball was bowled there deliberately to tempt him into the drive. And once again it worked. How many tests has he failed in now? Hardly a knee jerk reaction. I actually thought his county team mate Ben Compton looked a decent bet as an opener as well. He might be worth a try. 

I think Zak Crawley need to take back and clear his head for me. Marcus Trescothick, England batting coach went through a similar thing before. He needs to clear his head and get back to playing his natural game which make him get a England batting spot in the first place. 

I've never seen Ben Compton play so I can't comment 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Zak Crawley need to take back and clear his head for me. Marcus Trescothick, England batting coach went through a similar thing before. He needs to clear his head and get back to playing his natural game which make him get a England batting spot in the first place. 

I've never seen Ben Compton play so I can't comment 

He scored two tons against Lancs in the opening game of the season. Almost carried his bat through both innings (think he was the 9th man out in the second innings)

4 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

He scored two tons against Lancs in the opening game of the season. Almost carried his bat through both innings (think he was the 9th man out in the second innings)

what's is his technique like and would it suit test cricket? that the real question. 

Michael Vaughan and Marcus Trescothick didn't have brilliant first class record but Duncan Fletcher spotting something he like and thought would them good batsmen for test cricket. 

Stephen James scored loads of runs for Glamorgan season after season but didn't have the game or technique for test cricket 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

what's is his technique like and would it suit test cricket? that the real question. 

Michael Vaughan and Marcus Trescothick didn't have brilliant first class record but Duncan Fletcher spotting something he like and thought would them good batsmen for test cricket. 

Stephen James scored loads of runs for Glamorgan season after season but didn't have the game or technique for test cricket 

His technique was excellent. Nothing flashy, protected his wicket and built a score. Exactly what an opener should do. 

2 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

His technique was excellent. Nothing flashy, protected his wicket and built a score. Exactly what an opener should do. 

the question is that what Brendon McCullum and Ben Stokes want tho? 

That might be what you want but they might see it different. 

Crawley needs to be dropped, they can't keep picking him when he keeps getting out in the same way. The lad's head has gone

Difficulty conditions at Edgbaston today; "Bazball" clearly doesn't work against a class attack when the going is a bit tougher.