BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

6 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Yep. And for such a talented cricketer Moeen Ali does some incredibly stupid things at times too.

Bat, wack, wack and then wacked out.

A 4 ball lesson in how not to build an innings.

It made a nice change from the usual of being caught off an edge, mishit to mid off or on or caught deep off an up and under.

• Like 1

England clearly have no interest in this 50 overs mini series. Can’t blame them really - a lengthy t20 tour of Pakistan, then the t20 World Cup. Now 3 pointless ODI games, just let the buggers come home and have a couple of months off before flying to NZ for the test series. 

4 hours ago, matt83 said:

England clearly have no interest in this 50 overs mini series. Can’t blame them really - a lengthy t20 tour of Pakistan, then the t20 World Cup. Now 3 pointless ODI games, just let the buggers come home and have a couple of months off before flying to NZ for the test series. 

We have a test series against Pakistan starting next week

I see Livingstone in the test xi.

Absolute disgrace to even consider livi for a test match. He has barely played a red ball game for years. Pre IPL he had a first class average of well above 40, since and in not so many games it’s down to 38 which says a lot. Plus he’s done naff all with the white ball for a bit now. What did he produce in the t20 World Cup a couple of 1*s, 4 and a couple of 20s. It shows what a shocking state cricket is in the fact he’s even considered let alone in a starting xi.

I must admit I’d forgotten this series was taking place. Sandwich something else in. Should be one winter overseas tours, 2 home series maximum each of at least 4 matches and less if there’s a World Cup on. 

The last three game one day series in Australia was a complete and utter waste of time but this test series in Pakistan has an importance well beyond the game. It’s the first time England have gone back to Pakistan for a test series since the Sri Lanka team bombings and is of huge importance to both cricket fans and the country as a whole. You could tell that from the reaction when the T20 series was played there a couple of months ago.

What a first day in Rawalpindi. Four batters scoring centuries - Crawley 122, Duckett 107, Pope 108 and Brook 101n.o. We finished the day on 506-4, only an early finish due to bad light prevented England from scoring the most runs, 509, on the first day of a Test match. Obviously, a batting wicket, but you still have to play well to score so many runs. The Pakistan players looked absolutely shell shocked by the close. More of the same tomorrow please.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

What a first day in Rawalpindi. Four batters scoring centuries - Crawley 122, Duckett 107, Pope 108 and Brook 101n.o. We finished the day on 506-4, only an early finish due to bad light prevented England from scoring the most runs, 509, on the first day of a Test match. Obviously, a batting wicket, but you still have to play well to score so many runs. The Pakistan players looked absolutely shell shocked by the close. More of the same tomorrow please.

We did score the most runs ever on the first day of a test match. The 509 is the most runs on any day, ever, and I think it was a cuntish trick by the umpires to take the players off when one more over would have seen an all time record broken. I'll wager when the 509 record was set, there were way more than 75 overs bowled in that day.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I have watched so much friggin football that I slept in and forgot the game and only got to see the last 4 overs but at least saw Stokes get 18 in an over.

I will set the alarm now for tomorrow, midday start here.

The over where Harry Brooks hit six 4s was a joy to watch

• Like 1

Pakistan’s batting was very impressive to get so close to England’s score. They could have been demoralised but they played some brilliant shots and every ball on its merit. 

England lost a couple of quick wickets in 2nd innings. To lose it from here would be even more impressive 

Ben Stokes's England should be applauded for the win in this test match on what is truly awful pitch, but England would rather try to win then settle for a pointless draw. Credit to go to Stokes, McCullum and the players for trying to improve Test cricket and playing positive attractive cricket. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ben Stokes's England should be applauded for the win in this test match on what is truly awful pitch, but England would rather try to win then settle for a pointless draw. Credit to go to Stokes, McCullum and the players for trying to improve Test cricket and playing positive attractive cricket. 

100% Chaddy 

• Like 1

What an absolutely enthralling final day in Rawalpindi. The game was in the balance throughout with both sides in with a chance until Jimmy and Robinson took wickets at crucial times. This changed the momentum for Pakistan who tried valiantly to hold out for a draw, with Leach taking the final wicket with literally minutes to spare. Well done Stokes for his positive(cavalier) approach and to JImmy and Robinson for bowling through the pain barrier. Probably one of the best Test wins ever. Well done everyone.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

What an absolutely enthralling final day in Rawalpindi. The game was in the balance throughout with both sides in with a chance until Jimmy and Robinson took wickets at crucial times. This changed the momentum for Pakistan who tried valiantly to hold out for a draw, with Leach taking the final wicket with literally minutes to spare. Well done Stokes for his positive(cavalier) approach and to JImmy and Robinson for bowling through the pain barrier. Probably one of the best Test wins ever. Well done everyone.

Yes I take my hat off to Stokes and England. I would have batted on in our last innings and the game would have ended in a draw. What do I know ?

• Like 2

Hats off to Ben Stokes and Brendon McCullum's England team performance and every player runs through walls for them. Stokes's captaincy was excellent throughout the game. Stokes was initiative with his fields for bowlers and different plans. Anderson bowled his heart during this test match and even at the aged of 40. The way he has performed under Stokes is great to watch. 

Out batting is positive and attacking but not reckless at all. 

The way Stokes wants to positive to test cricket and excite fans should be welcome by all

• Like 4