BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Haddin appealed for a non-existent snick off Root in the previous Test that was given out and then gave Root dog's abuse when it was quite rightly overturned on appeal. One of many examples of his behaviour. He's not competitive - he's a cheat and a scumbag.

No doubt some of the younger England players will remember the abuse the likes of Haddin, Johnson and pitbull Warner have dished out.

Will be interesting to see Stokes and Broad renew aquaintance with an ageing Johnson and the sloggers from NSW..although im guessing Haddin will have been put out to pasture by 2015.

mayne I'm a sore loser dave cos I cannot recall individual examples. but then it's monday morning and I hate my job so perhaps a little difficult to think clearly.

with warner he also said a few things about England batsmen looking scared

thsat crossed the line

Bryan, I won't accuse you of being a sore loser, least of all on a monday morning when you don't want to be there. That's punishment enough, and your response is, as always, polite and to the point.

I think that Warner said that after Trott left the touring party, if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure, though that he later apologised for his comments because he was unaware of Trott's condition.

I think that you'll find that he will be a different man in the future.

Don, did you see the summer edition of "Australian Story" on ABC yesterday, about Ricky Ponting. Very informative about the growing up of a kid that was totally devoted to playing the game.

It went through his younger days and through the problems he had, where some guy gave him a black eye at some ungodly hour one day. He had to go on TV and apologise in the most humiliating way. It was something far worse than Warner was involved in, and he became one of the best batsman in the world.

Again, I would ask what Haddin has done that many a wicket keeper before him hasn't done. He hasn't chucked jelly babies in front of batsmen, he hasn't been found with dirt in his pocket that might be used to work on the ball, he hasn't moved fielders around whilst the bowler has been running in.

The only thing I can find about Haddin, is that he is a total team man, a total family man (that's why he returned from the WI) he lost his spot because of his daughters illness and regained it through determination and a will to succeed.

So in that regard, I'd say that Haddin is a great role model, putting family before career. He deserves everything that comes his way.

No doubt some of the younger England players will remember the abuse the likes of Haddin, Johnson and pitbull Warner have dished out.

Will be interesting to see Stokes and Broad renew aquaintance with an ageing Johnson and the sloggers from NSW..although im guessing Haddin will have been put out to pasture by 2015.

Don, what about the abuse from JA to Bailey?

Care to comment?

Jimmy telling Bailey he'd smash him in the face? That's why Clarke told him to expect a broken arm.

I will say again, it is not one sided.

If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

edit:

Today, I've seen written that England had "doctored" the pitches to suit their bowlers during the last tour earlier in 2013. Scource: Michael Vaughan.

I also heard the same from Jonathon Agnew on the ABC 7.30 report tonight.

Edited by dave birch

Bailey stood there grinning and sledging from short leg. As if he was a Test veteran...when hes done sweet FA at Test level.

No I didnt watch the ABC programme...ive had enough of Australian cricketers this summer.

Btw Dave..when is Channel 9 releasing the recordings of England sledging..it'll be a f.cking beauty lol

Don, you obviously listened to Channel 9's release of Clarke's "abuse", ask them when they'll release the "English" version. Why do I think that you'll not want to do it?

I can only relay the comments made by the commentators.

Since when was abuse levelled at an opposition player limited to veteran test players? Did Bailey threaten to smash Jimmy in the face?, Did he threaten him with physical violence?

I'll repeat yet again: It is not one sided, both sides were involved in sledging.

Look, you lost.

You lost badly.

Cook et al have got over it, though the backroom boys didn't show up for the presentation and show respect to the winners after the game. That was poor form. Any comments about that?

That is the pits, his daughter was sick with some kind of leukemia, and he's supposed to be focusing on cricket.

Don, tell me where your thoughts would be?

Look Dave..I hope the players havent got over it.

I repeat...im still waiting for the leaking of the alleged English sledging and ill gladly listen to it.

Bailey should show a bit of respect as hes done little apart from one over in Perth.

The Aussies can only give it when on top...they cant take it or laugh about it when the shoes on the other foot.

Look Dave..I hope the players havent got over it.

I repeat...im still waiting for the leaking of the alleged English sledging and ill gladly listen to it.

Bailey should show a bit of respect as hes done little apart from one over in Perth.

The Aussies can only give it when on top...they cant take it or laugh about it when the shoes on the other foot.

And I'm telling you where to get it from, it's your call.

As for respect, there's been little of that for the Australians over the last five or six years.

I remember Ponting talking a hit in the face and copping a huge round of laughter at his unfortunate hit.

I remember the great rounds of laughter at Johnson and his wayward bowling.

No respect there, just a case of "when you've got em down, keep em there".

So the shoe is on the other foot now.

So what is the difference, Aussies today, Brits tomorrow.

If you dont like the link by the chief executive theres not much I can say Dave.

That'd be the bloke that welcomed him back as well after his daughter recovered enough, I'd suggest, so there's not much more I could say either, Don.

edit: Don, that's a Fox link, which says it all.

Administrators not bothering to go out on the pitch.

Coaches, batting, bowling, head coach, physios etc, apparently it's a tradition.

Edited by dave birch

And I'm telling you where to get it from, it's your call.

As for respect, there's been little of that for the Australians over the last five or six years.

I remember Ponting talking a hit in the face and copping a huge round of laughter at his unfortunate hit.

I remember the great rounds of laughter at Johnson and his wayward bowling.

No respect there, just a case of "when you've got em down, keep em there".

So the shoe is on the other foot now.

So what is the difference, Aussies today, Brits tomorrow.

That'd be the bloke that welcomed him back as well after his daughter recovered enough, I'd suggest, so there's not much more I could say either, Don.

No Dave I dont know where to get the leak from ..please provide a link.

Haddin was dropped due to poor form..its terrible what his daughter went through but Sutherland stated he was dropped due to poor form.

His overzealous appealing for non dismissals is akin to cheating.

No Dave I dont know where to get the leak from ..please provide a link.

Haddin was dropped due to poor form..its terrible what his daughter went through but Sutherland stated he was dropped due to poor form.

His overzealous appealing for non dismissals is akin to cheating.

www.whitepages.com.au in the appropriate place type in Channel Nine and it will bring up various numbers you can call and see if they will give you the information required.

Ever thought that his form was somehow tied in with his daughters illness, or is that too difficult? Sorry for being a bit blunt, but it does seem obvious.

Finally, how many keepers are guilty of what you are accusing Haddin of? Just about every keeper in every test side that ever existed. He's not the first, he won't be the last.

Sorry, Don, forgot one thing.

It's late, I'm off to bed, goodnight.

Edited by dave birch

Today, I've seen written that England had "doctored" the pitches to suit their bowlers during the last tour earlier in 2013. Scource: Michael Vaughan.

I also heard the same from Jonathon Agnew on the ABC 7.30 report tonight.

Really? Wow! Shock... horror!!! :rolleyes: As far as I can see every cricketing nation does that. Happens in football all the time too. Edited by thenodrog

Urgh.....ffs still going with the rubbish...

We can go back to the days of Trueman for sledging and antics, in these golden days you think existed I am sure the parentage of a batsman was discussed between keeper and slips.

Broad didn't walk although he clearly hit it in the last series, Atherton, Broad and Anderson ball tampering, Trescothick's admission about the Murray Mints...you guys really want to go there?

England are full of dubious individuals but please keep clapping the gentleman players and taking the high ground while we convicts keep racking up the wickets.

Look, you we lost.

You We lost badly.

?

Just to remind ourselves that this is an Englishman posting here.

Both are as bad as the other I should imagine, and have been for a long time.

"Sledging" is an Australian word in the cricketing context as far as I know, because they invented it and have perfected it.

My view on "sledging" or abuse is fine along as it's witty and amusing. Most of the time it's just puerile.

Hughes, Flintoff, Trueman, Warne and Healy sledges are funny but I don't really take for purile crap either.

I love reading about the story of WC Grace and how he refused to leave the field if he was given out and just kept playing.

"Charles Kortright had four or five appeals against Grace turned down by the umpires.. Finally, he knocked two of Grace’s three stumps out of the ground. Grace stalled, as though waiting for a reprieve from the umpires, before reluctantly walking off with Kortright’s words in his ears: “Surely you’re not going, doctor? There’s still one stump standing.”

Haha, that is classic.