BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The ecb are considering a franchise based system for t20. So instead of lancs v yorks it could be Manchester v Leeds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/32745399.

Can't see them going through with it but if that happens I'm not sure I could get on board with that. I think Lancashire and Yorkshire towns will be equally irked at that.

The venkys and the ecb are really doing their best to ruin my two favourite sports teams.

Ironic that people feel so staunchly Lancastrian when it comes to cricket but are mortally offended when it is suggested for football. ^_^

Ironic that people feel so staunchly Lancastrian when it comes to cricket but are mortally offended when it is suggested for football. ^_^

Think it's down to tradition. If in 1870s ish the powers that be formed a Lancashire football team instead of each town I suspect people from all towns (that currently dislike each other) would get along. Also think football is more tribal and parochial than cricket is.

That said my mrs once said of me that if I'm in the company of foreigners I'm staunchly British, if in company of Brits staunchly English, if with English very northern, if with northerners proudly Lancastrian, if in Lancashire very anti Burnley. I don't think it goes further down than that but could develop a snobbery within the BB postcode. Maybe I'm just an awkward bugger. I'd even begrudgingly consider myself European for 3 days every 2 years during Ryder cup.

• Like 2

Nothing against a Lancashire football team. If they organised a county tournament I would support Lancashire. Club football is an entirely different matter. I am a Blackburn Rovers Fan and I can't change that even if I wanted to.

personally, although I don't necessarily agree with the way it's all been handled, I don't really want Pietersen back. I think it's time to move on. He may be good at what the does although I often felt down watching him as he didn't appear to reach the level of consistency I'd expect of the truly great, but he's made it very personal. It's always all about Pietersen. I suspect that whilst our players are saying they didn't have issues with him and wouldn't have a problem with his recall, many did. I also suspect he could easily undermine the younger lads being brought into the squad and brought through. He certainly whinges more than most and I think the best statement about him came from Dominic cork. don't remember which channel or when but he was quite clear in his feeling that Pietersen's time for England is past.

If Colin Graves (have i got the name right?) said to Pietersen that he would definitely be selected if he gave up the IPL contract and played county cricket, then he is guilty of misleading him and that is not right. If, however, he said what I thought he said, which was that the only chance Pietersen had of ever changing people's minds was to come back and play county cricket and then he MIGHT be considered then I can't see what anyone has done wrong. It's interesting that, considering youre all raving about him, only one county was interested in taking him as far as I have heard - I heard a list of counties who categorically said they didn't want him. He is no doubt a very divisive figure and seems to revel in that. I wouldn't be happy if he'd rocked up at my county even though we could have done with someone when half of the first team were bench warming in the Windies.

All a bit of a pointless discussion now anyway since he's injured and missing out on going to the IPL instead of playing for England against NZ. He wasn't going to be available for that one anyway so how could he have been repared for the aussies?

I think you underestimate he ability Gumboots. "He may be good at what he does" and feeling let down at his lack of consistency, really play down his class.

I think it was bumble who said Pietersen is the best ever English batsman. He obviously rates him as being better than good. Your second point about consistency - well I've heard that kind of thing about various cricketers, from various fans. However, more so in cricket than other sports, stats do tell the story. If a player averages let's say 50 over a career, then for every duck he gets, he gets one century. Are we saying we don't want batsmen to score hundreds, we only want them to score fifties? The average tells you everything. The classiest batsmen have the highest averages.

With all due respects to Bumble, he never saw the likes of Jack Hobbs, Len Hutton or Wally Hammond.

Graves is to blame for all this. He could have put this the matter to bed months ago by saying Pietersen was finished with England but he put his foot in it by leaving the door ajar. He's got form with opening his mouth too - witness his silly statement before the Windies tour.

English cricket is so badly managed at the moment - why do we need a "director of cricket" for heaven's sake ?

With all due respects to Bumble, he never saw the likes of Jack Hobbs, Len Hutton or Wally Hammond.

Graves is to blame for all this. He could have put this the matter to bed months ago by saying Pietersen was finished with England but he put his foot in it by leaving the door ajar. He's got form with opening his mouth too - witness his silly statement before the Windies tour.

English cricket is so badly managed at the moment - why do we need a "director of cricket" for heaven's sake ?

I agree, as always it's been dealt with terribly, the Moores saga was disgusting, for him to hear of his sacking through the press, disgraceful.

Are you a cricket man Jim? Going to the ashes?

I think you underestimate he ability Gumboots. "He may be good at what he does" and feeling let down at his lack of consistency, really play down his class.

I think it was bumble who said Pietersen is the best ever English batsman. He obviously rates him as being better than good. Your second point about consistency - well I've heard that kind of thing about various cricketers, from various fans. However, more so in cricket than other sports, stats do tell the story. If a player averages let's say 50 over a career, then for every duck he gets, he gets one century. Are we saying we don't want batsmen to score hundreds, we only want them to score fifties? The average tells you everything. The classiest batsmen have the highest averages.

Don't underestimate his ability to do it, but just don't feel he does it when it matters. How often have we watched him come out to the crease and said right just stay there for a while and then accelerate. We can't afford to have you out early because were already x wickets down only to find he's out after a few balls because he gets frustrated and goes for one he should be nowhere near. I agree it's great to see him hit big scores but that makes it all the worse when he gets out going for stupid shots. I had the feeling watching him towards the end of his previous test career that it was still always in his head all about him. Watch root galvanise an innings just by moving the score along at a better pace. Yes, it's about him and a good score but it's also about the team. I don't think Pietersen ever thinks about the team. It's still all about him, on and off the field.

Thought we'd struggle but Jesus 30/4 this isn't going well at all. Guptil, Williamson, Taylor, mccullum are useful. As are boult and southee. One of best ever NZ side to tour here I reckon.

The pessimist in me says, ballance has only ever batted well for England on flat pitches, moeen is not up to it, broad is on a downward curve, bell has struggled massively since Antigua, lyth and wood are unknowns against a very decent attack. It will swing at headingley too, and cook is under pressure as a captain. We've no coach and any new coach is being told who he can and cannot pick kp. Massive question marks all over the whole set up.

2 games before ashes. Brilliant.

Edited by matt83

Very good day for England.

Root, Stokes, Buttler and Ali all played well today.

and No we didn't miss KP at all.

New Zealand's bowlers bowled very well in the morning session.

er ffs chaddy is there no end to your establishment brown nosing or what.

ENGLAND WERE AT ONE STAGE 30 FOR 4.

GO ON REMIND WHERE KP BATS ....

Edited by ABBEY

Who says KP would have done owt today? Might got a Duck or a good score. Who knows? But he wasn't playing today. Isn't he Injured atm?

KP shouldn't have been anywhere near the England team after what he did to Strauss in 2012.

I listened to what to Alec Stewart said at Lunch for BBC Radio 4 LW when he said KP has been excellent since joining Surrey BUT ALSO said that other ppl in the County Cricket game who have a complete different view of KP.

Tbh, its getting boring all this KP stuff NOW! The decision has been made on him. So lets move on and lets talk about the current England Players.

Heard an interview this morning with Alistair Cook referring to his bosses boss as Straussy n several occasions. All a bit too cosy for me.

Chaddy, your KP argument is like saying theres no point signing Ronaldo because he's greedy and we have no way of being sure he would be better than Tom Cairney.

England got out of jail big time today, the Aussies would have had us all out and be ahead of us by now.

Why does it even matter what Cook called Strauss. Couldnt care less.

KP shouldn't have played again for England again after texting the South Africa players about the current England Captain during a test match. Totally unacceptable that IMO.

But like Ian Botham said today, the KP saga is getting boring now. Lets focus on the England Team and the cricket being played

Very good day for England.

Root, Stokes, Buttler and Ali all played well today.

and No we didn't miss KP at all.

New Zealand's bowlers bowled very well in the morning session.

Who says KP would have done owt today? Might got a Duck or a good score. Who knows? But he wasn't playing today. Isn't he Injured atm?

KP shouldn't have been anywhere near the England team after what he did to Strauss in 2012.

I listened to what to Alec Stewart said at Lunch for BBC Radio 4 LW when he said KP has been excellent since joining Surrey BUT ALSO said that other ppl in the County Cricket game who have a complete different view of KP.

Tbh, its getting boring all this KP stuff NOW! The decision has been made on him. So lets move on and lets talk about the current England Players.

KP shouldn't have played again for England again after texting the South Africa players about the current England Captain during a test match. Totally unacceptable that IMO.

But like Ian Botham said today, the KP saga is getting boring now. Lets focus on the England Team and the cricket being played

You keep bringing KP up

Jonathan Agnew said it was cringeworthy (straussy).

Seeing as its a messageboard, and debate / opinion is surely the point, I have the right to post what I think. I don't need the thought police thanks Chaddy. Feel free to stop telling us your opinion if you see fit.

• Like 1

Chaddy you say KP may or may not have scored runs so we shouldn't discuss it ,pray tell how this differs from you talking about Robbo when he had fall out and couldn't get in the rovers team he may or may not have kept clean sheets.

its looking like Jason Gillespie will be appoint England new head coach.

he will overhaul the selection of the side according to the Daily Mail article. (link provided below)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-3094382/Jason-Gillespie-England-selection-policy-overhaul-appointed-head-coach-week.html

What do people of England appoint Gillespie as head coach?