BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Test cricket will always be the pinnacle and the one I want us to win most but in a context of football I view test=the league, 50 overs=fa cup and t20=league cup. Theses days on paper there's a very distinct pecking order of importance between the competitions but cricket as with football when we are playing they all seem equally important.

• Like 1

Problem is, we can't all get to test matches or odi, but we can all potentially get to some t20, which is the main reason it's all I watch live. 6.30 starts now at old Trafford at £60 for 7 matches means it's accessible to loads of people

Problem with ODIs is their lack of context.

These bilateral series don't mean anything, especially years away from the main event.

A triangular tournament against the two touring sides should be played each year instead, not a random 5 match series against NZ crammed in before the Ashes.

• Like 1

Lancashire putting along nicely at the top of the County Championship second division. Faulkner looks to be a shrewd acquisition.

Got a good feeling about Giles. We really need to keep hold of him, I think he's capable of creating something lasting and good. We need to stop being a yo-yo side and start challenging for the championship again.

cracking win for England.

so entertaining to watched these 4 ODI's with New Zealand.

Kevin who? haha.

Not a post to provoke eh Chaddy?

Ask that again when we get stuffed by Australia. They are a proper team not the bunch of amateurs England have just been playing. See how they do without their best batsman against them.

• Like 1

Its been great to watch this ODI series, 2 teams both intent on playing attractive cricket and entertaining the public, fantastic.

As for KP, as Al says we're about to 'reap what we sow' the Aussies are a different prospect altogether.

• Like 1

Bit harsh to call NZ a 'bunch of amateurs', one of the few fully professional outfits in world cricket- unlike India that often phone in performances overseas, the sadly diminshed Windies, inconsistent Pakistan.

I would compare them to South Africa in their unrelenting approach.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Not a post to provoke eh Chaddy?

Ask that again when we get stuffed by Australia. They are a proper team not the bunch of amateurs England have just been playing. See how they do without their best batsman against them.

it was joke Al.

New Zealand? bunch of amateurs? seriously you need to look at that again.

didn't New Zealand reach the world cup final and play cricket in attacking style.

plus they have good players like Ross Taylor, Kane Williamson, Tim Southee, Boult, McCullam, Guptill.

I expect the ashes to be a very tight between England and Aussies

it was joke Al.

New Zealand? bunch of amateurs? seriously you need to look at that again.

didn't New Zealand reach the world cup final and play cricket in attacking style.

plus they have good players like Ross Taylor, Kane Williamson, Tim Southee, Boult, McCullam, Guptill.

I expect the ashes to be a very tight between England and Aussies

You also expect GB to get us promoted

• Like 1

You also expect GB to get us promoted

Cricket thread Yoda. Can't you give the chaddybashing a rest on here at least? Next thing the rest of the posse will turn up and this thread will turn into another chaddy witchhunt.

Edited by thenodrog
  • Like 1

cracking win for England.

so entertaining to watched these 4 ODI's with New Zealand.

Kevin who? haha.

Chaddy - just try to visualise how good we could be with a KP on top form in the group , how I hate that word which seems like a closed-shop approach - I do accept that he never will be.

KP isn't going to be select for England. Was a very good player for England but not involved anymore with us. He SHOULD NEVER had played again after his text gate scandal with Strauss and South Africa.

I rather focus on the players who playing for England now.

Re: Peterson. For those who can remember the Kerry Packer issue in Australia in the 70's and 80's decimated the Aussie cricket team but led by former east lancs pro Allan Border they developed a supremely gritty professional mentallity and soon battled back to lead the World again.

Cricket thread Yoda. Can't you give the chaddybashing a rest on here at least? Next thing the rest of the posse will turn up and this thread will turn into another chaddy witchhunt.

He asks for it with provocative posts.

Get a grip Gordon, pot calling the kettle,

Don't accuse me of chaddy bashing or witch hunting chaddy I was just stating the bleeding obvious, if you don't like it you know what to do.

Double standards with your history on here anyway.

:o Good grief Al! And you (or indeed I) don't ever do that?

tbh there are an awful lot of posters more provocative than chaddy.

Difference is when Chaddy makes provocative posts, and he does it all the time, his minders leap to his defence. I don't say I don't sometimes make provocative posts but then the stalkers group leap up all militant. You can't have it both ways so just butt out. Particularly roverzee who never makes a post unless he is getting at somebody.
  • Like 1

Difference is when Chaddy makes provocative posts, and he does it all the time, his minders leap to his defence. I don't say I don't sometimes make provocative posts but then the stalkers group leap up all militant. You can't have it both ways so just butt out. Particularly roverzee who never makes a post unless he is getting at somebody.

Can we get back to discuss the cricket and the ashes and stay on the topic of the thread.

• Like 1

Can we get back to discuss the cricket and the ashes and stay on the topic of the thread.

I think you will find it is you that decided to have a poke at KP not anyone else. Don't start arguments and then go all self righteous.
  • Like 1