BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bad shot selection more like, although a few balls have kept low.

We look scared, its like men against boys, the Aussies are bouncing around snarling and we just look scared to death.

Need a partnership or we'll be out for under 200 here.

Bad shot selection more like, although a few balls have kept low.

We look scared, its like men against boys, the Aussies are bouncing around snarling and we just look scared to death.

Need a partnership or we'll be out for under 200 here.

Yep, need Root to stay, he's started looking more confident after that dodgy start. Ballance looking ok.

Ding dong Bell? I hope the lad comes good but it's been a while. Cook - don't ask me.

Australia's day. 400 would be a reasonable score on that pitch I reckon. Great to see the English batsmen take the game to them though. Hope we stay just as positive with bat and ball throughout the series. Saddest sight today was Bell. He's a good player but God knows what he was trying to do today.

It's a 450 minimum pitch, very placcid with nothing in it for the bowlers. Anything less is below par. Losing Buttler near the end was a blow. Bell has been out of form for so long I don't know why he was selected.

Decent day for England, shame to lose Buttler so late for a poor shot.

England need to get another 40+ runs to give the Aussies a target to think about. Great recovery given the start of the day.

The Aussies catching was laughable, Root could and should have gone early, that would have been a disaster.

Good to see Ben Stokes attacking from the off, aggressive and going after the Aussies.

Today was definitely Englands, they need to get up to 400 and this has draw written all over it.

The Aussies catching was laughable, Root could and should have gone early, that would have been a disaster.

Good to see Ben Stokes attacking from the off, aggressive and going after the Aussies.

Today was definitely Englands, they need to get up to 400 and this has draw written all over it.

catches win games Gav.

I think this pitch will turn alot on day 4 and 5. Ali will be crucial and Anderson and Wood with their reserve swing bowling

My concern is still can we get them out twice. In my opinion jimmy is the only decent bowler we have and the Aussies will just look to see him off then go to town on the rest. Broad not the man he was and even in his pomp he would do nothing for several innings then suddenly get 7 wickets. Stokes is meh. Ali is not a bowler. And wood is still very green and not exactly been inspired by him but not writing him off either.

For years I've felt regardless of what anyone else in the team does unless jimmy performs in at least one innings we won't win.

Edited by matt83

• Moderation Lead

My concern is still can we get them out twice. In my opinion jimmy is the only decent bowler we have and the Aussies will just look to see him off then go to town on the rest. Broad not the man he was and even in his pomp he would do nothing for several innings then suddenly get 7 wickets. Stokes is meh. Ali is not a bowler. And wood is still very green and not exactly been inspired by him but not writing him off either.

For years I've felt regardless of what anyone else in the team does unless jimmy performs in at least one innings we won't win.

Absolutely Matt, we need a big performance from Anderson.

Gee its a bit flat in here. Is having the Ashes on every two years dulling the excitement?

I must say this is the least excited I've been for an English Ashes series since I began watching them in 1985.

Gee its a bit flat in here. Is having the Ashes on every two years dulling the excitement?

I must say this is the least excited I've been for an English Ashes series since I began watching them in 1985.

3rd series here in 6 years - it's getting boring to be honest. With the way they played I'd have preferred New Zealand to be here all summer.

3rd series here in 6 years - it's getting boring to be honest. With the way they played I'd have preferred New Zealand to be here all summer.

That's just 3 home series in 6 years it's 5 in total 2009, 2010/11, 2013 and 2013/14 and 2015. Far too much. Problem is the ecb and Australian equivalent only see sell outs and $£$£

• Like 2

Cook owes it to England to make a lot of runs. It's largely down to him that Pietersen was dropped. He has to make up for that.

EDIT - Ooops! Out again cheaply. Wonderful captain!

Edited by Al