BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Managers have to take difficult decisions with maverick big name footballers too - and the ones who cause problems in the dressing room or whose egos and the circus surrounding them gets so big they think they are bigger than the team itself (eg Beckham at ManU) don't usually last long.

Pietersen has only himself to blame.

KP is all right Jack. He's out in the Caribbean earning a mint. It's the England supporters and the cricket team that are losing out.

Managers have to take difficult decisions with maverick big name footballers too - and the ones who cause problems in the dressing room or whose egos and the circus surrounding them gets so big they think they are bigger than the team itself (eg Beckham at ManU) don't usually last long.

Pietersen has only himself to blame.

On the other hand, the better managers get their best team on the pitch e.g. Cantona, Keane.

• Like 1

very pleased that Bairstow have been called up to the squad. would have like to see James Taylor in the squad.

Media reports ar saying that Bell will bat number 3, Root at Number 4 and Bairstow at number 6

Also wouldn't be surprised to see Rashid or Finn play in the next test.

Great result for Lancs today, doing Glam by an innings and ~150 runs. It's only really Glam who can stop us going up, so this result, which sees us going about 60 points ahead of them having played a game more, could be pivotal.

My only concern is that at some point England could poach Giles.

I'll be at Lancs next game, the 50 over fixture with Sussex. Really looking forward to that/

• Like 2

With all the washouts last night it's Kent vs Lancashire in the quarter final of t20 on sat August 15th. 5 of us have decided to go down to that and miss the Huddersfield game. Comes to a thing where a 600 mile round trip to Canterbury to watch lancs in t20 is more appealing than watching rovers 50 miles away.

I fancy going to Canterbury also, we'll see what happens.

Tough game.

God loves you whatever you decide Gav. :)

2 days to the third test.... I'm not sure the Aussies will know what to do in the current heatwave, some of them may be wearing 3 or 4 sweaters.

We need a pitch that helps our English bowlers. We need to take 20 wickets to win the test match.

Looking forward to see Bairstow playing test cricket again and hope he played the short ball much better

Our bowling is fine. Missing a quality spinner but the seam attack is decent. Any pitch prepared however will also help the Aussie attack. They just batted much better than we did in the last test. If Haddon takes the Root chance in the first test at 40 for 4 we may be 2 zip down anyway.

Need to sort the top order. Can't keep revovering from 30 for 3. Need a decent foil for Cook opening and batting Bell at 3 and Root at 4 sounds stronger without Gary Ballance. Bairstows got technical problems playing across the ball to anything fast and straight and he will be found out again. I would bat Ali at 5 and Bairstow at 6 if selecting him. Or better still just pick Pietersen at 4, leave Root at 5, bat Bell at 3. Cooks averaging 60+ this year. Root 50+ i think. Need Bell, Lyth and Bairstow to make runs or we will struggle to make 350.

Edited by onlyonejackwalker

Not convinced on the bowling to be honest, think Jimmy is struggling unless the pitch is set for him.

Batting wise already said we could have changed 3 of the top 5, just not convinced that we have addressed that. Not sure Bell needed moving up the order either.

Still, given its likely to be overcast the first couple of days at least, with the possibility of rain breaks, i think the toss will be important to win and bowl.

Not convinced on the bowling to be honest, think Jimmy is struggling unless the pitch is set for him.

Batting wise already said we could have changed 3 of the top 5, just not convinced that we have addressed that. Not sure Bell needed moving up the order either.

Still, given its likely to be overcast the first couple of days at least, with the possibility of rain breaks, i think the toss will be important to win and bowl.

It's a good venue for us. Yes the toss will be important but either way without runs we will struggle. Rogers, Smith and Clarke are top drawer and we won't knock them over cheaply too often.

Finn might be recalled. Wood is struggling with a knock. Quite like Wood although 1 for 131 won't have cheered him up in the last test.

My 2 concerns going into this are top order who have by and large been terrible all year. This 30/3 stuff cannot continue. And the bowling worries me. No spinner of note, Jimmy at the moment is blowing hot and cold and so far hadn't troubled their top order, broad as always been an unplayable 6/30 man or a 1/80 more often the latter, wood looks ok so far but still inexperienced jury still out and if he's injured Finn who hasn't done it for me, then stokes who is average enough for a 4th seamer.

Still edgbaston been a good hunting ground so against the odds I'm being optimistic for this one and say jimmy will rip through them...

• Like 1

Good decision so far.

Enjoy the live action tomorrow den, sadly we can't make it now, gutted :(

I will Gav - cheers. Shame you can't make it. Staying over in a premier inn thursday night as well. I believe there's a weatherspoons nearby!

Good few days for me, cricket tomorrow, aerobatics last Saturday :)

Edited by den

Happy with the bowling Baz? Come on England.

Cook leading by example again!

Top player is Cook. If not also burdened by the captaincy and his dalliance with the one day thrash-abouts he would be one of the few averaging over 50 in tests for sure. Opening the batting against the new cherry when the bowlers are at their strongest. One of the best we've ever had.

He's out now. Amazing dismissal!!!! I was once caught at mid-on off the forehead of forward short leg. True story. Forward short leg went straight to hospital. I went straight to the pavilion.

Happy with the bowling Baz? Come on England.

Set miself up for that one, didnt I :)

Brilliant day, but ideal pitch for Jimmy and the breaks in play help the bowlers.

Looking forward to my day at the test tomorrow, hopefully we'll continue to stick it to em.